+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
Congrats to all those who received their PR! I hope that day comes soon for me ;D

Does anyone know how long it takes after you file your federal stage application that they ask for medical exam? After I start the process in 3 weeks, I will be in Europe for two and a half months! Is it possible that I do the exam there? Or do I have to wait until I get back to Canada?

Thank you in advance!

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
dior12 said:
there's a lot of demand during this time because a lot of students are applying, so i wouldn't worry about it. For me, I sent my application 6 months before in anticipation of my graduation, so I just had to send them my graduation letter and it still took that long.
Yeah, you don't need worried. But now, I just don't know why they still cannot give me a result... :-[ so I'm worried about my document, is it effective or whole? The waiting days they are so hard for me...

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
qcuio said:
I got my CSQ (student) in around 20 days. It was literally a matter of sending the application and finding the CSQ two weeks later in my mailbox.

Regarding the eligibilty for a work CSQ, there is a number you can call (there was an office where you could go in person in Montreal but it closed a couple of years ago). I reckon they spoke mostly French... But after all, what makes the PEQ faster than any other provinces is that they look for people who speak French, so they expect you to know enough French to inquire about this on the phone ;)
Thank you! Today I'll try to call them. Hope they can give me a good answer... :)

andresfok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Request
17-09-2013
Med's Done....
4-10-2013
Interview........
IN Process: 4-12-2013
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hey hstubc,

Don't worry about that.

You can take your exam any where in the world. Just make sure you go to a doctor approved by the Canadian government.

For me It took 2 months to get the medical exam after submitting my application.

Good luck in your trip

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
hstubc said:
Congrats to all those who received their PR! I hope that day comes soon for me ;D

Does anyone know how long it takes after you file your federal stage application that they ask for medical exam? After I start the process in 3 weeks, I will be in Europe for two and a half months! Is it possible that I do the exam there? Or do I have to wait until I get back to Canada?

Thank you in advance!
I was in a similar scenario. It took me around 2 months to get my meds requested. I was also in Europe at the time, but I was returning to Canada in 10 days so I waited to return. I understand you can take them wherever, but it might lengthen your process for about a month I think, as results have to be sent from abroad to Canada.

The first time I requested a student visa for Canada I had to take med exams as well, and I got them done in South America without any problems. A friend got his done in South America for the PR as well, and he seems to be around a month behind me in the process even though he submitted his PR application a month before me last year.

I believe it is about timing. If you get them requested and still have like a month ahead of you in Europe, get them done there, but if you get them requested while in Europe but you're soon to return to Canada, then just wait until you return. This is what I did.

mzzz

Jan 4, 2014
Does anyone know how long it takes for the Ottawa to send the passport back? Its been a week for me.

Thanks

andresfok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Request
17-09-2013
Med's Done....
4-10-2013
Interview........
IN Process: 4-12-2013
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada
Because of the holiday, I think you should get it tuesday or wednesday next week

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
qcuio said:
I was in a similar scenario. It took me around 2 months to get my meds requested. I was also in Europe at the time, but I was returning to Canada in 10 days so I waited to return. I understand you can take them wherever, but it might lengthen your process for about a month I think, as results have to be sent from abroad to Canada.

The first time I requested a student visa for Canada I had to take med exams as well, and I got them done in South America without any problems. A friend got his done in South America for the PR as well, and he seems to be around a month behind me in the process even though he submitted his PR application a month before me last year.

I believe it is about timing. If you get them requested and still have like a month ahead of you in Europe, get them done there, but if you get them requested while in Europe but you're soon to return to Canada, then just wait until you return. This is what I did.
andresfok said:
Hey hstubc,

Don't worry about that.

You can take your exam any where in the world. Just make sure you go to a doctor approved by the Canadian government.

For me It took 2 months to get the medical exam after submitting my application.

Good luck in your trip
Thank you guys! I'll definitely take your advice into consideration. This forum is great! :)

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Hello everyone,

I came in Canada, Quebec, with my spouse. At the beginning, he accompanied me as a visitor during my studies. After 4 months, he started his studies as a master student. He applied for a CAQ and then the Study Permit. After my PhD exam we applied for CSQ, which we have been rejected after 15 months! Because of not accepting the format of a letter and failure to present the job experience of my husband which has zero points in CSQ!
Now, my husband will finish his studies in 2 months. Do you think that we can apply for the PEQ, as he would be as the main applicant? One person already told me since he accompanied me at the beginning it should be me who will apply for the PEQ!! Is it right? or anybody with a Canadian certificate, especially from Quebec, can apply for the PEQ?

Thanks in advance for your helps,

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
ZPTH said:
Hello everyone,

I came in Canada, Quebec, with my spouse. At the beginning, he accompanied me as a visitor during my studies. After 4 months, he started his studies as a master student. He applied for a CAQ and then the Study Permit. After my PhD exam we applied for CSQ, which we have been rejected after 15 months! Because of not accepting the format of a letter and failure to present the job experience of my husband which has zero points in CSQ!
Now, my husband will finish his studies in 2 months. Do you think that we can apply for the PEQ, as he would be as the main applicant? One person already told me since he accompanied me at the beginning it should be me who will apply for the PEQ!! Is it right? or anybody with a Canadian certificate, especially from Quebec, can apply for the PEQ?

Thanks in advance for your helps,
Does your husband have French (B2 level) certificate?? Or he has to have a job offer in order to apply for PEQ

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Ornob said:
Does your husband have French (B2 level) certificate?? Or he has to have a job offer in order to apply for PEQ
He already passed all his courses in French. He is doing a master all in french which means there is no need for french exam. My question is that if he can apply for PEQ as the main applicant or no? It's necessary that I apply for the PEQ?

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
ZPTH said:
He already passed all his courses in French. He is doing a master all in french which means there is no need for french exam. My question is that if he can apply for PEQ as the main applicant or no? It's necessary that I apply for the PEQ?
He definitely can apply as a principal applicant.

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Ornob said:
He definitely can apply as the principal applicant.
Thanks a lot for your response. I don't know why that person told me there is a relation between our first entry in Canada, and applying for immigration as the principal applicant! (That person is an adviser in university in order to help foreign students in Immigration process!! He wasn't sure at all. He told me maybe it's important!)

He told me I am the only person that can be as the main applicant because when we came in Canada, I was student and he was the person who accompanied me!!

ludhimila

Sep 24, 2013
Hi Everyoneee !!!

I got the email READ FOR VISA today !!!
Hope this week come with more news for everyone !!
I'm sending my passports today!

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
ludhimila said:
Hi Everyoneee !!!

I got the email READ FOR VISA today !!!
Hope this week come with more news for everyone !!
I'm sending my passports today!
Coupngratulations!!! Given that you have no timeline, when did you send in your application :)?