+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Congratulations to everyone! What a great way to start the summer!

Thanks for your previous replies! I have another question I forgot, did you guys submit a Canadian police clearance from the beginning? I had understood that it was only from your previous countries of residence they required but I am not sure if I should have included a Canadian one as I have recided here for some years and an American friend got one requested. Do you think it would be wise to mail one to them even if they have not requested one from me? I have one ready.

marunya

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney > Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
File Transfer...
RPRF: 30-01-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
30-10-2013
Interview........
In process: 26-12-2013
Passport Req..
16-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2014
LANDED..........
As PR - 29-05-2014
qcuio said:
Congratulations to everyone! What a great way to start the summer!

Thanks for your previous replies! I have another question I forgot, did you guys submit a Canadian police clearance from the beginning? I had understood that it was only from your previous countries of residence they required but I am not sure if I should have included a Canadian one as I have recided here for some years and an American friend got one requested. Do you think it would be wise to mail one to them even if they have not requested one from me? I have one ready.
I wasn't asked for, from GMCS notes - I requested, RCMP check was conducted, but I think it's part of application processing and it is handled only by CIC.

kunsom

Aug 13, 2013
WoW!!! May 16 seems to be the Lucky Day for PEQ Applicants!

Just got my PPR... Congratulations to all who got their PPR, And All the Best to the rest!!
Don't worry, it might take time but your lucky day would come soon - for sure!!

My Timeline:
ECAS Status - Application Received (Still..!! :eek:)

Application Delivered - Aug 19, 2013
AOR & Medical Received: Oct 02, 2013
Medicals Updated on ECAS: Oct 29, 2013
RPRF: Paid along with the Application
Passport Request: May 16, 2014
Already in Canada

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi every one

I have a question regarding my PR-application (QSW) with CSQ-PEQ. I'll truly appreciate, if you may help me know the answer. before that I would like to let you know that my PR application was filed at "20 November 2013" and my medical exam was received to CIC at "04 February 2014".

I received an email from CIC in Sydney, Nova Scotia. What I can IMPLY from the email is that this is the request for the "Right for permanant residence fee (RPFR)", but I am not sure, because the email is too vague for me. My question is that is this true or not?

Here is what the email says:

--------------------------------------------------
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
P O BOX 7500
SYDNEY NS B1P 0A9
CANADA

Date : XX XX XXXX

UCI: XXXX XXXX
Application: XXXXXXXXXX

Email: XXXXXX

RPRF - Application for Permanent Residence in Canada

First name, Last name: XXXX XXXX

---------------------------------------

and then the email is continued with a "by-default" letter saying that:

--------------------------------------
This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

THIS IS A REMINDER EMAIL, PLEASE READ EACH SECTION CAREFULLY TO SEE IF IT APPLIES TO YOUR APPLICATION.

ANY DOCUMENTATION OR CORRESPONDENCE YOU SEND SHOULD INCLUDE YOUR UCI AND APPLICATION NUMBER.

PASSPORTS

Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be valid at the time of visa issuance. If your passports have expired or will be expiring within the next 6 months, you must apply for new passports as soon as possible. You can send a Copy of the Biodata Page (page with photograph and name) to the following facsimile number or addresses below.

Do not send Original Passports until requested By CIC.

POLICE CERTIFICATES

If you have not already done so provide original police clearance certificates from all countries where you have lived six months or longer since turning 18, for you and all family members over 18. If you delay in sending in these police certificates your application will be delayed.

Please refer to our website, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx, for further instruction on how to obtain a police certificate.

DO NOT SUBMIT SCANNED COPIES OF YOUR POLICE CERTIFICATES VIA EMAIL.

We require only original documents and all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.

You must mail the police certificates to either the regular mail address or the courier address below.

MISSING SCHEDULE A INFORMATION

If you have a copy of the application you submitted please review the application in particular the schedule A Background information. Section 8 Personal History and Section 12 Addresses must cover the 10 year history prior to your submitting your application or beginning at the age of 18 whichever is the most recent. If you left gaps in the dates and they do not cover the entire period send in a newly completed Schedule A to provide complete information. If there are gaps in your personal history or gaps in your address history your application will be delayed.
All family members over 18 must have a Schedule A with the above listed information.

If you have any of the above mentioned items you must submit them to our office at the address listed below:

Regular mail: Courier:
Central Registry Central Registry
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CIO Correspondence CIO Correspondence
PO Box 8400 49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6 B1P 5Z2
Canada Canada

Any documentation or correspondence you send should include your UCI and Application number as indicated at the top of this letter. Any inquiries or questions can be sent by email to: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MEDICALS

If you received your request to obtain a medical for you and your family members please make arrangements to complete your medical evaluation as soon as possible. A delay in having your medicals completed will result in a delay in your application’s processing.

See the following link on how to find a panel physical in order to complete your medical.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Do not send medical results to CIC.

RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENT FEE (RPRF)

This is reminder that if your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding, you must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

Delaying the payment of the RPRF will delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps:

· Go to the website: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx
· Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
· Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”
· You must pay this fee once for yourself as principal applicant
· You must also pay this fee for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if you have one
· Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
· Click “Submit”
· Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
You must send the receipt to CIO-Sydney. For fastest service, please attach it to an email and send it to the address XXXXXXXXXXX.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE YOU CAN IGNORE THIS LETTER.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia

----------------------------------------------------------------

To best of my knowledge, I have provided all the required materials (except RPRF) with the checklist and I did not miss anything (at least, I could be not issued a file number and medical exam, if something was missed).

So what does this email exactly say? Did you guys receive the same email for RPRF.

Very sincerely yours

andresfok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Request
17-09-2013
Med's Done....
4-10-2013
Interview........
IN Process: 4-12-2013
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi ali_manu,

This is true you need to pay 490$ for the principal applicant and in addition to that send a scan copy of the receipt to the email that they provided you.

Good look and pay ASAP

MAX_87

May 18, 2014
Hi,

Please could anyone tell me if the work experience received during postdoctoral studies (fellowship) is eligible for PEQ (worker)? As a fellow I have a work permit from the federal government, but Im not sure that this is enough for Quebec...

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

QC

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-09-2013
Interview........
RPRF Req. & Sent: 11-12-2013
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
Congrats to all of the friends who have received PPR. :D

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
dior12 said:
It took me 2 and a half months if I recall. You'll get it soon..
Hello doir12, I have a question for you please. Did you get any mails form government when you were waiting your CSQ? Because now I still don't get any mail... Thank you very much!

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nope as a student. work takes longer, i assume, because they have to check your employment.

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
dior12 said:
nope as a student. work takes longer, i assume, because they have to check your employment.
Maybe, but I know some people,as worker they got CSQ in 3 weeks... So now I'm so confused and worried...

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there's a lot of demand during this time because a lot of students are applying, so i wouldn't worry about it. For me, I sent my application 6 months before in anticipation of my graduation, so I just had to send them my graduation letter and it still took that long.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
I got my CSQ (student) in around 20 days. It was literally a matter of sending the application and finding the CSQ two weeks later in my mailbox.

Regarding the eligibilty for a work CSQ, there is a number you can call (there was an office where you could go in person in Montreal but it closed a couple of years ago). I reckon they spoke mostly French... But after all, what makes the PEQ faster than any other provinces is that they look for people who speak French, so they expect you to know enough French to inquire about this on the phone ;)