+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
The vast majority of cases will be processed within 12 months of your medical date (because the results expire in a year's time).. there are a few exceptions but inland applications seem to be faster than outland CPP ottawa applications.
So if I sent in my application in early October, and submitted my Medical Exams in mid-December (as they were requested at around those dates), then Late November-December is more of a realistic date for me to receive my PR, right?

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qcuio said:
So if I sent in my application in early October, and submitted my Medical Exams in mid-December (as they were requested at around those dates), then Late November-December is more of a realistic date for me to receive my PR, right?
Not really.. the 12 months seems like basically it is the mandate they have for inland applicants so it's at the very very latest if there are problems with your application i.e., they need more police certificates etc. It's speculative obviously and is based on how many applicants there are, but they seem to be efficient from february. The rate they are going august-september is a more likely date. Who knows if they hire new people you may get it in two months. There are a lot of factors that are at play. For example, my timeline is much longer than I anticipated based on last year's processing of people, yet I had similar timeline to them (i.e., getting in process quickly etc), which probably is fairer because last year it seems that there were people who applied in the same month but one got it 5 months before the other. To give you some perspective, early-mid april they were processing May applicants. Mid to late april they started on june applicants and it seems they will start july soon enough. So far i know 2 people from early july who have got PPR.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Thank you SO MUCH dior12! Your help is much appreciated.

As I said before and you all may know, the application requested police certificates from the countries you had previously resided in, but they never specified whether or not you would need one for Canada. A friend of mine (American) who applied maybe three months earlier than I did got a Canadian Police Certificate of Good Conduct requested, and he warned me about it. I requested one in advanced in case they would ask me for one as well (I only submitted two, one for each of my countries of citizenship because I had resided in both since my 18th birthday). They still haven't asked for it.... so I was wonder if something in his case was different.

Also, if I could be of help with anything as well, please let me know! I sure enjoy helping out other members with my experiences as well.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i was expecting to get my PPR in march based on last year's timelines. I guess the best advice is to hope for the best but expect the worse. I'm still waiting but I hope this journey is nearly over.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
If you sent in your application last July, I guess that the max you will wait will be until this July based on what you tell me, and it is pretty much just 2 months away :)

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
I just wish this process weren't such a lottery. Just going by the people in this forum, the variation is incredible. One person got her AOR in June and had her PPR by November, while another got his AOR last April and only got PPR this February. I'm hoping to get AOR this month, but at the same time preparing myself for a wait that could last until July or so.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PRJuly2013 said:
I just wish this process weren't such a lottery. Just going by the people in this forum, the variation is incredible. One person got her AOR in June and had her PPR by November, while another got his AOR last April and only got PPR this February. I'm hoping to get AOR this month, but at the same time preparing myself for a wait that could last until July or so.
It's very clear they've changed how they prioritize applicants so it's more fair for everyone.. but it also means that everyone has to wait longer in general, because there is/was back log to clear.. It's clear that they've been doing the processing based on filed date now, which gives me some consolation as so far no one has yet passed my filed date. Someone probably made an appointment with an MP to ask why people were getting their PPRs before them even though they applied after them which explains why they changed the prioritizing.

Note to people who are going mad like me checking their CIC every 15 mins. There is a 2-3 day delay from when they update the file to when it is changed on CIC website and it seems to me that the systems update sometime a little after midnight EST time, so there's no real point checking your status except in the morning

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
Dear all, I just logged into my eCAS and saw "decision made"! Definitely wasn't expecting any updates to come on a Sunday afternoon. I haven't yet gotten the e-mail from CIC, so a small part of me is still concerned that it could be a negative decision, however unlikely that is... Hopefully I'll get the official e-mail with PPR tomorrow.

marunya

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney > Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
File Transfer...
RPRF: 30-01-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
30-10-2013
Interview........
In process: 26-12-2013
Passport Req..
16-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2014
LANDED..........
As PR - 29-05-2014
Congrats, PRJuly2013!

No updates on my side, will keep you posted, Guys!

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
Thanks, marunya, though I don't want to jinx it by celebrating before I get the official PPR... it's silly, but until I get the e-mail, I won't be thoroughly convinced that it's not a negative decision! Anyhow, based on your timelines, you and dior12 should be coming up very soon.

Also, in case anyone is interested, I was another one of those cases that went straight from "application received" to "decision made", without ever being "in process". As of today, it says "We started processing your application on May 8, 2014.", and right after that "decision made". So for all those who've applied many months ago and still don't see "in process", worry not.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PRJuly2013 said:
Thanks, marunya, though I don't want to jinx it by celebrating before I get the official PPR... it's silly, but until I get the e-mail, I won't be thoroughly convinced that it's not a negative decision! Anyhow, based on your timelines, you and dior12 should be coming up very soon.

Also, in case anyone is interested, I was another one of those cases that went straight from "application received" to "decision made", without ever being "in process". As of today, it says "We started processing your application on May 8, 2014.", and right after that "decision made". So for all those who've applied many months ago and still don't see "in process", worry not.
congrats! yeah, it's likely they made the decision on friday (there's a 2-3 day delay). You'll probably get the email in a few days max!

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
I sure hope so! Given that it's my birthday on Tuesday, this would be just about the greatest gift ever.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Congratulations PRJuly2013! I am sure it can only be good news ;D

And it is surely reassuring to know that several people already went from Application Received to Decision Made!

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
Ladies and gentlemen, the long-awaited day has arrived at last. Today, right on my birthday, I got PPR!

Best of luck to all those whose processes are still active. God knows it's a long wait, but the feeling at the end is definitely worth it all.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Amazing, PRJuly2013!!! My sincerest congratulations (and a healthy bit of jealousy).

So I understand that you get your passport requested (regardless if you need an entry visa or not), then they return it to you (in how much time) with the PR visa ready to cross the border, right??

Also, has any of us here been waiting for more than 12 months since submitting their PR application?