Interview........
RPRF Req. & Sent: 11-12-2013
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
dior12 said:
Has your status updated to DM?
I'm really sorry for my delay. It changed to DM some days after I received the email.

Nuvin

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Hi

Dear ALL Senior

I have a question please advise or suggest... I have final medical done on December and send on beginning of January by my DMP. I am still waiting already 4 months no update.

My application started from 2010 still in progress.
Destination : Quebec

Anyone in similar situation ??

Hope137

May 1, 2014
Dear all

I would like to know if studying for a graduate diploma in Quebec would make me eligible to apply under the PEQ programme. This piece of info is really important so appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

Thank you.

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
Hope137 said:
Dear all

I would like to know if studying for a graduate diploma in Quebec would make me eligible to apply under the PEQ programme. This piece of info is really important so appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

Thank you.
If you have advanced intermediate french knowledge. You should check the website for requirements.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Is there a point that you'd like to add since you mentioned "being ready" before submitting the application?
@ hstubc well, did you make sure your document certifying the French proficiency is accepted by the officials? I remember being given a list at an immigration session hosted by Concordia's International Student Office with a list of all the approved establishments/exams (mine were Concordia transcripts). Hmm then I cannot think of much more, just being armed with patience and as other people say, being careful with little details such as not leaving ANY gaps on your activities and stating what you plan to do afterwards too. I have a couple of friends as well who had forgotten a small detail in one of the formularies and they got everything returned.

ALSO, I have updates.

- This week I was asked to pay the RTPR fee. I was excited until the e-mail stated "This request is not an indication that your application is nearing completion. Please note the standard processing times for applications for permanent residence within the category in which you have applied are available on our website at ....". The time for Ottawa is still around 20 months :'(.

-Upon payment, I was provided a government e-mail address to which submit my receipt. The akwnoledgement of receipt I got shown as being from Ottowa, so I can assume my application has been sent from Sydney to Ottawa.

- When I check the CIC portal, my status is still "APPLICATION RECEIVED" with the only two notifications being "1. We received your application for permanent residence on (early October 2013), and 2. Medical results have been received.".

This last thing makes me worried as they still have not changed it to "IN PROCESS". Any ideas why?! I recall someone saying that in their case the same "Application Received" status was displayed for like 7 months and it suddenly changed and right after his passport was requested. Is this right?

The letter also says "Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing", is this normal? it has been 7 months since I submitted it.

Thanks!

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
I got my AOR in mid-September (applied in July) and still see only "application received" on eCAS. As you've said, I've heard of people who got their PPR while still seeing only "application received".

Incidentally, has anyone who got their AORs around September heard anything yet? I know dior12 and marunya both received their AORs within a few days from me. QC got his AOR in early September, so just a few days before us, and got his PPR about three weeks ago, so I'm kind of obsessing over the possibility of hearing something back soon...

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Thanks so much @PRJuly2013. That is surely reassuring.

I think we should all just arm ourselves with patience. I think that as long as they are processing it, no news is good news, and then good updates will come suddenly and when least expected (this thinking is how I keep myself sane).

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't heard anything, as of last week they were still processing some end of june. This morning I saw someone who applied on the 6th july who got PPR. They went to IP on the 23rd of december (3 days after I did). So, hopefully soon.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Guys, just to ask, how was the whole RTPR fee payment deal with you? Did you receive a letter about 7 months from submitting your applications asking for payment?

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i paid it at the start of my application. The RPF payment has no relation to the process of your document, it's done by the administrative staff when they receive your file after it's been transferred.

And i wouldn't worry about not receiving an in process.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A realistic time period if you applied in october is probably in august the rate they are going. I've been looking at it very detailed at who's been getting PPRs for the last 4 months. It seems they have changed their process in how they prioritize people since recently. Last year there were people getting PPRs within 6 months.. but it looks like they have gone back to doing files in the order they were received. Quebec as a province has much more backlog than the other provinces by a couple of a months, unfortunately for us.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
A realistic time period if you applied in october is probably in august the rate they are going.
I think I love you for having written this.

I was told by someone (someone who should know about this) that they were taking up to 2 years, even the PEQ ones.

I am also quite irritated at the fact that while the PR is being processed, it is virtually impossible to study anything in Canada. I was looking into singing up for some advanced French grammar courses at UdM, and guess what, they told me that until I get my PR, it was pretty much impossible to sign up for them. For anything. Not even a pottery course. Not even paying international fees.

Once I am a Permanent Resident, I am able to once more study anything and take any courses, right?

andresfok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Request
17-09-2013
Med's Done....
4-10-2013
Interview........
IN Process: 4-12-2013
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada
I think dior12 should be the next one to get it.

I am also waiting.

My notes in January showed everything pass and security blank. I am optimistic that I would get it this month :)

Good look everyone

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qcuio said:
I think I love you for having written this.

I was told by someone (someone who should know about this) that they were taking up to 2 years, even the PEQ ones.

I am also quite irritated at the fact that while the PR is being processed, it is virtually impossible to study anything in Canada. I was looking into singing up for some advanced French grammar courses at UdM, and guess what, they told me that until I get my PR, it was pretty much impossible to sign up for them. For anything. Not even a pottery course. Not even paying international fees.

Once I am a Permanent Resident, I am able to once more study anything and take any courses, right?
The vast majority of cases will be processed within 12 months of your medical date (because the results expire in a year's time).. there are a few exceptions but inland applications seem to be faster than outland CPP ottawa applications.

Once you get PR you can study anything. Until then, you can't study at a university but you can study at a cegep with a work visa you can do classes but not apply in a program. You are allowed to take classes if your classes/program finishes under 6 months.