+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
dior12 said:
if you're staying in canada, ottawa is the final destination before they send out the visa/ppr.
I see. It's towards the end I guess then. I hope you'll hear from them soon

qcuio said:
@ ornob

My friends are 1 american, 1 south american. The american one sent in his application in July of 2013. He has submitted his med exams and the last update he had was the request of an additional certificate of good conduct from the canadian authorities since he had lived in Canada for more than 6 months prior to the application (he studied there for 4 years). This was a bummer as when you request this document from Canada it takes days to process, but requesting it from abroad takes around 6-9 weeks of what he told me (he is in the USA now, so 9 additional weeks have been added to his application).

The South American one submitted his in August of 2013. His meds were requested around October and he took around 2 months to submit them (he just left time pass...). He hasnt had any updates but his cons ultant has told him that he'll receive his PR around June.

And for me, I still haven't received any single update after "exams received". Before I left Canada in December I requested the canadian certificate of Good Conduct and forwarded it to my cons sultant as I had been warned about this by my american friend, but so far it hasn't even been requested by CIC.

@ Hstub, I strongly recommend you begin filling out all questionnaires and compiling the necessary documents. Some are really time consuming (example all your previous trips, activities and addresses since you were 18) and the police certificates of good conduct from your country. Remember they must be translated and certified if they're not in En/Fr. Arrange everything so when you receive your last necessary document all is ready to be sent. I graduated in June of 2013, received my CSQ end of July (wasted lots of time to fill all out), then just submitted my PR application early October because I didnt calculate how long it would be to gather all papers (as I stated I have 2 citizenships so it was double the work.
Thanks for the advice. I have already looked up the stuff and I kind of have the documents ready.

Since you were a student as well, could you give me advice if I'm missing an important point? I have been here since I was 17 and now I'm 21. I'm single :D so my application is not very complicated. For CSQ, I have prepared a proof of French proficiency and my final diploma which I'll send in soon.

For the PR stage, other than the forms that need to be filled (travel, family information), I believe I need to translate my birth certificate (in English) and I'll have to get a police check in Canada (it says only the countries in which you have resided after you turned 18) which is already under process.

Is there a point that you'd like to add since you mentioned "being ready" before submitting the application?

Thanks in advance!

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QC said:
Not yet. But I think you will be notified by email even if you don't need visa, and you can't do anything based on your status in CIC website.
Has your status updated to DM?

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
Hi guys,
I have applying my CSQ under PEQ as worker. I sent my documents in 10 March, the government charged my money in 14 March. But right now still no result, is it normal? I called them, they just told me: wait...

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
Sissi_MTL said:
Hi guys,
I have applying my CSQ under PEQ as worker. I sent my documents in 10 March, the government charged my money in 14 March. But right now still no result, is it normal? I called them, they just told me: wait...
I wouldnt worry.. as the money has been deducted.. so i would also suggest u to wait.. or what else u can do :p

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
Ornob said:
I wouldnt worry.. as the money has been deducted.. so i would also suggest u to wait.. or what else u can do :p
but in Quebec immigration website, they said :An application deemed complete under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ – Québec experience program) will receive a priority treatment of 20 days or less. now almost 7 weeks... ???

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sissi_MTL said:
but in Quebec immigration website, they said :An application deemed complete under the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ – Québec experience program) will receive a priority treatment of 20 days or less. now almost 7 weeks... ???
You can call them they are pretty helpful.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sissi_MTL said:
last week I called them, they just told me: stuyding ur document of peq now, wait...
It took me 2 and a half months if I recall. You'll get it soon..

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
I'm pretty sure 20 days means 20 *business* days for analysis of your PEQ application. Including weekends, holidays and what not, it could take about a month, which is almost exactly how long it took for mine. A month and a half is a bit longer than usual, but I wouldn't worry too much quite yet.

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
PRJuly2013 said:
I'm pretty sure 20 days means 20 *business* days for analysis of your PEQ application. Including weekends, holidays and what not, it could take about a month, which is almost exactly how long it took for mine. A month and a half is a bit longer than usual, but I wouldn't worry too much quite yet.
Thank you! Because I know some people, they applied in January, February or March , they got the CSQ so fast, one girl just spent 15 days(include weekend!). So now I have a little bit worry. Because they charge my money in 14 March, until now totally has 6weeks...

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
hstubc said:
It might vary case by case cause students are faster to process than workers.
Yes! They are all students, just me, as worker apply CSQ under PEQ. So now everything is normal, right? Thank you!

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
I can't really answer that question but it could be. Why don't you call them and ask for an update on the status of your application?

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
hstubc said:
I can't really answer that question but it could be. Why don't you call them and ask for an update on the status of your application?
Before I tried to call them, they just tell me: studying your document of PEQ now, please wait... Then they didn't give me other answer...