na
Med's Request
03-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-04-2014
Interview........
na
nutrition1030515 said:
Anyone know where to download the kit to start the federal stage? Thanks!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/quebec-apply-application.asp

marunya

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney > Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
File Transfer...
RPRF: 30-01-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
30-10-2013
Interview........
In process: 26-12-2013
Passport Req..
16-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2014
LANDED..........
As PR - 29-05-2014
Hey Gents,

FYI, I received GCMS notes, the important sections looks like:

Assessments
eligibility: passed
security:
criminality: passed
medical: passed
rprf: complete (cost recovery: complete)
final:

Query was done on March 6th, last update on file on Feb 13th.
rprf received after one week of sending email on Feb 6th. (rprf request received on January 30th)

waiting for DM...

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marunya said:
Hey Gents,

FYI, I received GCMS notes, the important sections looks like:

Assessments
eligibility: passed
security:
criminality: passed
medical: passed
rprf: complete (cost recovery: complete)
final:

Query was done on March 6th, last update on file on Feb 13th.
rprf received after one week of sending email on Feb 6th. (rprf request received on January 30th)

waiting for DM...
yeah, according to what i've seen they are doing end of may/june applicants right now so we should be soon. I'm hoping this or next week!!

shaxem

Apr 9, 2014
Hello.
I got married around 9 months ago, my husband and I want to apply for PEQ around 1 month later(after that my husband receive his B2 certificate). He is living in Montreal now and has a work permit. I'm not in Canada .after receiving CSQ can I land in Canada? or should I apply for another visa for entry to Canada?(for example Visitor visa,Open work permit)? Do we receive our CSQs together?
thanks

QC

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-09-2013
Interview........
RPRF Req. & Sent: 11-12-2013
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
First of all, congratulations
Before getting your PR, you will always need a visa to enter Canada (If you are not from visa exempted countries), and CSQ doesn't work as a visa.
Maybe, it is better to apply for the visa before CSQ application (I'm not sure). Moreover, if your husband haven't got a job yet, it may be harder for you to get visa as his wife, because he doesn't have any status (worker, student,...). I think it may be better to consult an adviser about your case.
You will receive CSQ together.

shaxem

Apr 9, 2014
my husband has a Post-Graduate Work Permit but has not yet any job. he wants to apply for PEQ graduation.
do you know what kind of visa do I have to apply to enter Canada? thanks QC. ;)

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone know if you can change your visa office after it's at CPP ottawa?

QC

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-09-2013
Interview........
RPRF Req. & Sent: 11-12-2013
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
shaxem said:
my husband has a Post-Graduate Work Permit but has not yet any job. he wants to apply for PEQ graduation.
do you know what kind of visa do I have to apply to enter Canada? thanks QC. ;)
As I know, the student's wives or husbands apply for visitor visa; however they can change it to other types later. But as I mentioned before, I recommend to consult an expert for your case.

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
dior12 said:
Anyone know if you can change your visa office after it's at CPP ottawa?
I would suggest you to not do so.. It can cost you much more time.. Again, I'm not an expert..

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Basically any office outside of canada is faster than CPP-ottawa, if you have a permanent address in another country (for example your parent's place) I would put the visa office that takes care of that country. Paris is very quick. Especially if you are from a visa exempt country because you won't need to send your passport. But I would only do it if you just sent it or you haven't sent it yet.. I'm just going to wait.

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
qcuio said:
Thanks for the answer, Keden! That is surely re-assuring.

Ornob: No I have not yet. I was told by the person who assisted me through this application (his occupation gets marked as spam by the forum) that this second fee had to be paid at a later date. I think the first payment I did was of 550 CAD, and that the RPRF is around 750CAD, but no, I haven't, have you?

As I said, it is encouraging to see that several people here have gotten their PR in almost exactly a year. Another thing that has me going crazy is the fact that I hold a dual citizenship, which meant that I had to send documents from both countries (certificates of good conduct, passports, etc). Not only that, but in one of this countries I underwent a name change and used a temporary passport with a different name for about a year (long story short this other country's name laws didn't match my birth country's ones and they refused to accept my birth name when I was granted citizenship (through blood right) from them, so I had to go through a legal name change to have both passports with matching surnames). While I specified all the necessary information and sent certified translated copies of all the paperwork and certificates involved, I have convinced myself that this thing will add 6+ months of processing time to my PR :(. Has anyone had any similar experiences?
any update??

nutrition1030515

Mar 28, 2014
dior12 said:
Basically any office outside of canada is faster than CPP-ottawa, if you have a permanent address in another country (for example your parent's place) I would put the visa office that takes care of that country. Paris is very quick. Especially if you are from a visa exempt country because you won't need to send your passport. But I would only do it if you just sent it or you haven't sent it yet.. I'm just going to wait.
How fast are we talking about here?