File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
Thanks, I will try to look at the exact timeline and give an update later, but my timeline is roughly (according to memory)

Application received: very early Feb
Medical and fingerprint request: early Sep
Medical and fingerprint done: mid Sep
Sponsor approval: early Sep
CSQ sent: late Sep
CSQ received: early Nov
CSQ sent to IRCC: early Nov
DM: end of Nov
PPR: few days after DM
Passport sent: the day after PPR
Passport received: a little more than a week after being sent.

Our processing office is: Mississauga

Hope this helps :)
It does! Thanks for sharing. My mom’s CSQ just got approved so we’ll see what happens next.

Reactions: ssg_86

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
Hi, When did you apply for your Mom CSQ? can you please share the timeline
Sure!
Mailed application Nov 17
Delivered by Can post Nov 19
Acknowledgment of receipt Nov 29th
CSQ approved Dec 21st

Reactions: robertp

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
Thanks, I will try to look at the exact timeline and give an update later, but my timeline is roughly (according to memory)

Application received: very early Feb
Medical and fingerprint request: early Sep
Medical and fingerprint done: mid Sep
Sponsor approval: early Sep
CSQ sent: late Sep
CSQ received: early Nov
CSQ sent to IRCC: early Nov
DM: end of Nov
PPR: few days after DM
Passport sent: the day after PPR
Passport received: a little more than a week after being sent.

Our processing office is: Mississauga

Hope this helps :)
So yours only took less than 12 months? This is fast!!! Congrats!

Ajay Sibia

Jan 8, 2015
Hi,

I sent my CSQ request on Oct-5-2021
Received AOR on Oct-22-2021

I have not heard anything from MIDI till now. I tried calling but get the same answer the file is in progress. Is anyone facing the same issue or any suggestions!!!

Thanks in advance

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
Hi,

I have not heard anything from MIDI till now. I tried calling but get the same answer the file is in progress. Is anyone facing the same issue or any suggestions!!!

Thanks in advance
May I know when did you send your initial application to federal ? In 2020 or 2021?

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
May I know when you submit the initial application to Federal ? Early 2020?
IRCC received my mom’s application on March 8th 2021.

Reactions: ssg_86

smit1123

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Hi, did you get any reply from MIDI?

Sasep

Jan 24, 2022
Hello everyone,

I would be happy if someone could help me on an ambiguity I came across recently. I could not find any similar issue discussed in this forum, though I skimmed thoroughly.
A few days after receiving an email (without attachment) acknowledging the receipt of our application, my girlfriend (sponsor) received an email whose attachment indicates:

"This confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021-04-09 on behalf of the following family member(s):
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT: ME (date of birth).
",

then continues:

"Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at the address provided in the provincial guide within 30 days from the date of this letter."

Nowhere in this letter does confirm that "vous avez satisfait aux conditions d’admissibilité pour parrainer ...". I was wondering if we still can proceed with attaching this letter to the Undertaking Application and post the application or my girlfriend would receive another letter indicating specifically that she meets the requirements.
Please note that this last letter includes also the "Case Processing Centre Mississauga" as the immigration office processing our case.

Thanks for your help,
Saeid

Last edited:

bijoykothari

Nov 17, 2015
I have a question, my parents will hopefully be landing next week. And we will be applying for RAMQ card soon after.

I had read on this forum that due to covid-19 temporarily health insurance coverage would start immediately (instead of the normal 3 months). I was wondering if this was still the case or else I would have to purchase health insurance to cover the gap. I went on the RAMQ website but couldn't find any answer. Thanks in advance

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I would be happy if someone could help me on an ambiguity I came across recently. I could not find any similar issue discussed in this forum, though I skimmed thoroughly.
A few days after receiving an email (without attachment) acknowledging the receipt of our application, my girlfriend (sponsor) received an email whose attachment indicates:

"This confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021-04-09 on behalf of the following family member(s):
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT: ME (date of birth).
",

then continues:

"Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at the address provided in the provincial guide within 30 days from the date of this letter."

Nowhere in this letter does confirm that "vous avez satisfait aux conditions d’admissibilité pour parrainer ...". I was wondering if we still can proceed with attaching this letter to the Undertaking Application and post the application or my girlfriend would receive another letter indicating specifically that she meets the requirements.
Please note that this last letter includes also the "Case Processing Centre Mississauga" as the immigration office processing our case.

Thanks for your help,
Saeid
I had a similar issue and I just used the letter that they sent me to apply to MIDI. I got the official letter 15 days later.

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
I have a question, my parents will hopefully be landing next week. And we will be applying for RAMQ card soon after.

I had read on this forum that due to covid-19 temporarily health insurance coverage would start immediately (instead of the normal 3 months). I was wondering if this was still the case or else I would have to purchase health insurance to cover the gap. I went on the RAMQ website but couldn't find any answer. Thanks in advance
I just got CSQ a couple of days ago and it clearly mentions that we would have no coverage for 3 months unless it's in the list of countries that have a reciprocal contract with Quebec. I've heard that in Ontario it starts right away but haven't heard anything about Quebec and I'd be curious to know if that is the case.