+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
I am just wondering does anyone has only one year processing for PGP sponsorship in Quebec or it normally took more than that ?

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
One application if they are married. One is the principal applicant and one is the dependent
I still have one question.
When I apply to Federal before Quebec with two parents being sponsored, do I fill in only one Generic application form or two?

PGP2019QC

Jun 21, 2019
Hello ,

I sponsored my mom and sister and recently received a letter to apply for CSQ . My mom also got a letter to submit her biometrics , but my sister did not receive anything , is this normal ?

also can someone explain to me what would happen next ? Medical exams ?... ?

thanks

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hello ,

I sponsored my mom and sister and recently received a letter to apply for CSQ . My mom also got a letter to submit her biometrics , but my sister did not receive anything , is this normal ?

also can someone explain to me what would happen next ? Medical exams ?... ?

thanks
In my case, they asked for PCC, medicals and CSQ within a couple of days of the other request.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am just wondering does anyone has only one year processing for PGP sponsorship in Quebec or it normally took more than that ?
Processing times are 18-24 months these days. In Quebec you also have CSQ that adds processing times. There are some cases that end up being* processed quickly but would not count on it.

Reactions: ssg_86

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Processing times are 18-24 months these days. In Quebec you also have CSQ that adds processing times. There are some cases that end up being* processed quickly but would not count on it.
I agree. We are about 29 months in, and things are finally moving along but I would say Quebec applications have additional delays, not less.

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Im curently on mat leave and I’m sponsoring my dad, mom and brother. I sent all the documents (financial for 2020) and an employment letter stating i will resume work in 12 months. But i received a letter « intention of refusal » where they said i didn’t submit all the required documents and ask to resubmit all the financial documents but for 2021. Like they are asking for the 2021 T4, notice of assessment and all the documents in the checklist. How am i suppose to provide a 2021 T4 we still on November? Also, will they consider my revenue during the Maternity leave or just the normal income?
Has anyone experience something similar?
I have already called them but the agent said i have to wait a week to get an answer
Thanks

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hi, wanted to check with Quebec sponsors with CSQ?

Does our parents need CSQ when they board Canada? Should I mail CSQ back to them? or would a photocopy also be fine?

Many thanks,

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
Im curently on mat leave and I’m sponsoring my dad, mom and brother. I sent all the documents (financial for 2020) and an employment letter stating i will resume work in 12 months. But i received a letter « intention of refusal » where they said i didn’t submit all the required documents and ask to resubmit all the financial documents but for 2021. Like they are asking for the 2021 T4, notice of assessment and all the documents in the checklist. How am i suppose to provide a 2021 T4 we still on November? Also, will they consider my revenue during the Maternity leave or just the normal income?
I have already called them but the agent said i have to wait a week to get an answer
Thanks
I think you need to send your notice of assessment for 2021, your T4 for 2020 and the letter from QPIP confirming you were approved and how much you will be paid biweekly for your maternity. You can also ask a letter from your employer to show that you still have a job with them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks
Sounds like there may be concerns about your income given maternity leave and an additional family member. Were you very close to LICO amount for the previous years? Yes you can count EI maternity payments towards LICO.

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Thanks
I'm in a similar situation (of not working part of the year) and today I called them and they said they have sent me a letter requesting more documents and they wouldn't give more details over the phone. I guess I have to wait for the letter to see what else they want.

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Sounds like there may be concerns about your income given maternity leave and an additional family member. Were you very close to LICO amount for the previous years? Yes you can count EI maternity payments towards LICO.
For Qc, they only ask for previous year so 2020 in my case and yes i gave them proof of my maternity EI pay. I’m waiting for their answer. It’s been a week but nothing so far