+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

j.a.jaimes20

Jul 21, 2015
Hello everyone!
Sorry I hadn't updated you earlier but I was not available these days.
I wanted to let you know that my parents received back their passports along with the unsigned confirmation of permanent residence on thursday May 27.
Thank you all for your support and for being part of this journey! Feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help/provide info.
Good luck to all the remaining sponsors and their parents!
Special thanks to @robertp for your help and advise throughout the entire process! Cheers mate!

visaca2021

Jun 14, 2021
Hello all,
Sorry if someone already posted this question but not much info found: Can I (the sponsor) leave Quebec while sponsoring my parents coming to Canada? CSQ already granted last year on July 2020, medical exam passed but no news since then... Also wonder if this is normal.

Thanks a lot in advance!

frange

May 25, 2018
Hello all,
Sorry if someone already posted this question but not much info found: Can I (the sponsor) leave Quebec while sponsoring my parents coming to Canada? CSQ already granted last year on July 2020, medical exam passed but no news since then... Also wonder if this is normal.

Thanks a lot in advance!
You can leave temporary; but not definitely. If so, your undertaking will be removed and disqualified consequently under Quebec immigration rules. Your IRCC contact should remain in Quebec during all the process.

For the deadline, you already know, beef federal Quebec, Trudeau punish Légault for quotas....etc.

visaca2021

Jun 14, 2021
You can leave temporary; but not definitely. If so, your undertaking will be removed and disqualified consequently under Quebec immigration rules. Your IRCC contact should remain in Quebec during all the process.

For the deadline, you already know, beef federal Quebec, Trudeau punish Légault for quotas....etc.
Thanks for your reply, the CSQ is issued probably means the Quebec quotas is ok. It's now stuck in the federal immigration part, not sure what I can do. Always the template reply "due to covid19 ..." doubt if they are actually working or not. :(

frange

May 25, 2018
Thanks for your reply, the CSQ is issued probably means the Quebec quotas is ok. It's now stuck in the federal immigration part, not sure what I can do. Always the template reply "due to covid19 ..." doubt if they are actually working or not. :(
It was a joke just to describe the political situation between Federal and Quebec about immigration issue.
The message is: you are not allowed to become a non Quebec resident while having an ongoing undertaking. If you leave Quebec, the undertaking is void which means you don't meet immigration requirements anymore( QC+Federal). Then you have to to meet the financial criteria under the federal immigration rules which is the last 3 years LICO, not 12 months anymore.

I remember a guy who decided to move to BC for a job after applying for the Qc undertaking. When he notified the change of address, right after he received a refusal letter. He appealed the decision by showing with evidences that he moved for a short period of time. MIFI confirmed the refusal decision.

You almost done with the process, just wait a little bite.

Reactions: visaca2021

AlexBrown

Feb 23, 2017
@robertp

Any updates ? I am April 2019 candidate with Mississauga as a processing office, No update since Feb 2020. No Biometric so far. Looks like Quebec applications are moving even slower then the rest of the Canada.

Reactions: imm2019

visaca2021

Jun 14, 2021
@robertp

Any updates ? I am April 2019 candidate with Mississauga as a processing office, No update since Feb 2020. No Biometric so far. Looks like Quebec applications are moving even slower then the rest of the Canada.
Maybe you can ask for GCM note, my situation is similar to you, just requested GCM to see what's going on.

visaca2021

Jun 14, 2021
Tried couple of time no movement at all after February 2019.
It's so weird how they work, I have a couple of friends doing the application, my sample size is small but it looks like the better the sponsor (high income, stable jos), the slower the process. Still, only one of my friends finished the process who goes through security background check, but he is the fastest... Cannot understand their logic...

FabAle

Oct 8, 2016
Hello everyone!
Sorry I hadn't updated you earlier but I was not available these days.
I wanted to let you know that my parents received back their passports along with the unsigned confirmation of permanent residence on thursday May 27.
Thank you all for your support and for being part of this journey! Feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help/provide info.
Good luck to all the remaining sponsors and their parents!
Special thanks to @robertp for your help and advise throughout the entire process! Cheers mate!
Congrats J. After you received the passports, did you receive a permanent card or did they stamp a visa saying that they are permanent residents? After you received the passports do you have a deadline to arrive in Canada to activate the PR status? Thanks!

wilmerserrano

Nov 30, 2018
Hi @robertp , we got a change of status in PR appl. and additional info request.

So, please update it

Line # in tracker:227
Sponsored People:Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship:Colombia
Sponsor Province:Quebec
Invitations Receive Date:Apr. 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:May. 13, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):Jul. 11, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Decision made
Ecas Status for PR Application:In process (Jul 16 2021)
Sponsorship In process Date:Aug. 27 2019
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:Aug. 29, 2019
Local Visa Office Name:Bogota
Biometric request :Aug. 29, 2019
MyCIC update:Bio Complete Sep. 6,2019
IME request date :
IME Passed date:
PCC request:Sept. 12, 2019
Additional document / travel history request date :Baptism certificates for both parents
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

CSQ : MIDI received Oct 22 > AoR issue Oct 28 > AoR received Nov 1 > CSQ issue May 21 > CSQ received May 27

Reactions: gen_z and Akc81

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi @robertp , we got a change of status in PR appl. and additional info request.

So, please update it

Line # in tracker:227
Sponsored People:Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship:Colombia
Sponsor Province:Quebec
Invitations Receive Date:Apr. 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:May. 13, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):Jul. 11, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Decision made
Ecas Status for PR Application:In process (Jul 16 2021)
Sponsorship In process Date:Aug. 27 2019
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:Aug. 29, 2019
Local Visa Office Name:Bogota
Biometric request :Aug. 29, 2019
MyCIC update:Bio Complete Sep. 6,2019
IME request date :
IME Passed date:
PCC request:Sept. 12, 2019
Additional document / travel history request date :Baptism certificates for both parents
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

CSQ : MIDI received Oct 22 > AoR issue Oct 28 > AoR received Nov 1 > CSQ issue May 21 > CSQ received May 27
When did you received the additional doc request?

Reactions: gen_z