+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
Hey folks!

My parents got their CSQ(checked the mail today but should've got it 10 days ago i guess).
My timeline:
Applied: 17 Dec 2019
Reached 31 Dec 2019
AOR 17 Feb 2020
Additional docs - mid May 2020
CSQ issued - June 30 2020

Reactions: robertp

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
Also, I have a question for those who got their CSQs already:
The letter alongside the csq contains the following statement:

Au Quebec comme au canada, tous les Citoyens (et residents permanents ) ont access au regime d'assurance maladie. Il y a toutefois un delai d attente de trois mois apres votre inscription a la regie de l'assurance maladie du Quebec. sauf pour quelques cas exceptionnels. Nous vous recommandons de vous inscrire dans les tout premiers jours suivant votre arrivee au quebec ou bien si vous residez deja au quebec. Des que vous aurez en main la lettre de citoyennete et immigration canada confirmation que votre demande de residence permanentre est en traitment.

Google Translate results in this:

In Quebec as in Canada, all citizens (and permanent residents) have access to the health insurance plan. However, there is a waiting period of three months after your registration with the Quebec health insurance regie. except for a few exceptional cases. We recommend that you register in the very first days following your arrival in Quebec or if you already live in Quebec. As soon as you have in hand the letter of citizenship and immigration canada confirming that your application for permanent residence is being processed.

Can someone tell me what this means:
"As soon as you have in hand the letter of citizenship and immigration canada confirming that your application for permanent residence is being processed."
My parents are already in Quebec since more than.a year. So does anyone have an idea of when they can apply for medical? and what is meant by letter confirming PR is being processed.
Thanks!

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
please share your CSQ application timeline

MIDI received date:
AoR issue date:
AoR Received date:
CSQ Issue date:
CSQ received date:

Additional Document requeste date? what document requested?

Sorry I missed your msg. This is my timeline
MIDI received date: 30 Dec 2019
AoR issue date: 17 Feb 2020
AoR Received date: sometime in the end of Feb
CSQ Issue date: 30 Jun2020
CSQ received date: around 15 July

They requested the complete set of financial documents again. Including tax slips of me and spouse, proof of property ownership, letters from employers etc.

Reactions: robertp

arist

Feb 4, 2020

Au Quebec comme au canada, tous les Citoyens (et residents permanents ) ont access au regime d'assurance maladie. Il y a toutefois un delai d attente de trois mois apres votre inscription a la regie de l'assurance maladie du Quebec. sauf pour quelques cas exceptionnels. Nous vous recommandons de vous inscrire dans les tout premiers jours suivant votre arrivee au quebec ou bien si vous residez deja au quebec. Des que vous aurez en main la lettre de citoyennete et immigration canada confirmation que votre demande de residence permanentre est en traitment.

In Quebec as in Canada, all citizens (and permanent residents) have access to the health insurance plan. However, there is a waiting period of three months after your registration with the Quebec health insurance regie. except for a few exceptional cases. We recommend that you register in the very first days following your arrival in Quebec or if you already live in Quebec. As soon as you have in hand the letter of citizenship and immigration canada confirming that your application for permanent residence is being processed.

"As soon as you have in hand the letter of citizenship and immigration canada confirming that your application for permanent residence is being processed."
My parents are already in Quebec since more than.a year. So does anyone have an idea of when they can apply for medical? and what is meant by letter confirming PR is being processed.
Thanks!
if it's true, that will be a good news!

Anyone has the successful experience?

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM

Thanks!
They are referring to the confirmation of permanent residence, because the CSQ does not give you any benefits nor early access to the health system, it's basically one necessary step, that's it.
The only thing your parents can do are the online french courses, nothing in person because they won't be able to get paid since they don't have a NAS number until they have the confirmation of permanent residence
You are welcome...

Reactions: sunprashanth99

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019

Thanks!
Good news.we can call to veryfy Ramq

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019

Thanks!
Know the eligibility conditions for health insurance
Settle in Québec
To qualify for health insurance, you must meet certain conditions. When you settle in Québec, you must:

• Be authorized to stay in Canada
  • Have your main residence in Québec and be present here consistently
  • Not be absent from Québec 183 days or more in your first 12 months of eligibility
To find out more, check the registration procedure and the required documents, depending on your situation.

Coverage start date
Your health insurance coverage starts on the 1st day of the 3rd month following the date on which you settled in Québec. For example, if you settle in Québec on January 8, your coverage will start on April 1. This waiting time pending eligibility applies even if you hold Canadian citizenship. To avoid delaying your eligibility, contact us within 15 days of your arrival in Québec.

In most cases, we do not reimburse the cost of health services received during the waiting period pending eligibility. We therefore strongly recommend that you take out private insurance within 5 days following your arrival in Québec. To find out more, visit the OmbudService for Life and Health Insurance website This link will open in a new window..

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019

Thanks!
You can apply medical card with csq

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
They are referring to the confirmation of permanent residence, because the CSQ does not give you any benefits nor early access to the health system, it's basically one necessary step, that's it.
The only thing your parents can do are the online french courses, nothing in person because they won't be able to get paid since they don't have a NAS number until they have the confirmation of permanent residence
You are welcome...
Yeah I thought so too. COPR is technically confirmation of PR but the letter said "residence permanentre est en traitment" which translates to "in process", that's the reason I had that question. But a cpl of folks confirmed to me the same info that I would need COPR. Thanks for the info.

bijoykothari

Nov 17, 2015
At present, the Ministère is issuing a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) for the applications received on:

• In January 2020, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
  • In January 2020, for other family members.

Information regarding processing times will be updated regularly.
Latest update: August 3, 2020
MIDI web update