+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp Any idea about MIDI working now a days? Did anyone get CSQ after 10th march? Didnt see any date change since start of march on website.
no one reported check here

As per last update 2020-03-23
The Department is currently processing applications received up to:
- November 20, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- November 14, 2019 for other family members.

wait for new update to know how fast MiFi working,

Last edited:

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
I have some bad news to share, I'm very upset with that right now.
My parents received their CSQ December 2019, as everyone else, we received a letter from MIDFI saying that this CSQ would be sent to the office responsible for the process of the visa (in our case Mexico) and no other action was required.
Last week, just for the sake of been on the safe side, I've sent a message to the Mexico office asking if everything was ok with my parents processes.
What was my surprise when I received a couple of minutes ago a message from the Mexican office saying that they did not received my parent's CSQ and requesting me to send it by e-mail to them!

I'm really pissed that this rookie mistake by MIDFI will bring an extra delay to my process.
Moreover, If I were you, I would definitely contact your office and make sure that they have indeed received the CSQ from the MIDFI side.
Wow, that is AWFUL! My application is also at the Mexico office and now I'm wondering if the same thing happened. May I ask what email you used to contact them?

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Hi Folks,

Another information that I believe it's precious to share with the group.
I just called the Quebec phone-line at MIDFI for more information. Of course, they cannot check anything or verify anything, but when I mentioned that I just learned that my visa office has not received my CSQ 4 months ago as it was written at the CSQ PACKAGE, the lady casually mentioned:

ah, this is a generic letter, you should definitely contact the visa office to make sure they have your CSQ, very often, they do not receive it and it's your obligation to call them and make sure they receive your CSQ!!!

So, my process will be delayed 4 months (the time between receiving the CSQ and actually sending it to the federal visa office)

I strongly encourage you to contact your visa office, there is a REAL CHANCE that your process is stuck because they have not received your CSQ.

I'm really frustrated, it's crazy how can the Quebec MIDFI send a generic letter saying that the CSQ has been transmitted when in fact you should follow up with the office to make sure they received that!!.

4 months, this is how long this mistake has cost me, I hope that this information will help you to avoid the same delay on your side

Good luck everyone

Unbelievable. Thank you SO much for sharing this information - I would never have thought to confirm with them.
I emailed the Mexico office today and received the same reply as you!!! What would’ve happened had you not checked? Geez. Sounds like either way, the process is going to take a while since they can’t go into the office.

We had not received the CSQ information, but have now attached it to the file. The file is currently in queue for officer review.

Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications. The resumption of in-office services is subject to authorization from the local government.

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Unbelievable. Thank you SO much for sharing this information - I would never have thought to confirm with them.
I emailed the Mexico office today and received the same reply as you!!! What would’ve happened had you not checked? Geez. Sounds like either way, the process is going to take a while since they can’t go into the office.

We had not received the CSQ information, but have now attached it to the file. The file is currently in queue for officer review.

Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications. The resumption of in-office services is subject to authorization from the local government.
hi Marylatt

I'm glad that I could help. Indeed, the letter that MID-FI sends us is super tricky, because it gives the full impression that you are all settled and you should wait, when in FACT if you contact them they will clearly state that you should follow up with the local office to make sure that they have eveything in hand.
Anyway, as you mentioned, not much to do now but wait for the world to come back to "some" normality before anything else start moving again

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi guys, how long did it take to get your CSQ?
Does the IRCC application progression depend on attaining CSQ?
Thanks!

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
It was taken between 2 and 3 months last year, you can check on the tracker (link on my signature)
currently I believe is taking something towards 5 months.Yup, the progression depend on you providing them with the CSQ

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
Hi All,

I have just received a document request for my undertaking application from Quebec. I have already submitted all the financial docs and even my ccd was charged(info that was sent as part of the documents). I am not sure why I was asked for documents again. If some documents are missing, I would expect that they would request something more specific than a "generic" doc request. Any ideas/inputs would be appreciated. Thanks!

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Hi All,

I have just received a document request for my undertaking application from Quebec. I have already submitted all the financial docs and even my ccd was charged(info that was sent as part of the documents). I am not sure why I was asked for documents again. If some documents are missing, I would expect that they would request something more specific than a "generic" doc request. Any ideas/inputs would be appreciated. Thanks!
When did you apply for csq .when did you get aor from mifi.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi All,

please share your CSQ application timeline

MIDI received date:
AoR issue date:
AoR Received date:
CSQ Issue date:
CSQ received date:

Additional Document requeste date? what document requested?

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016

AnkitaP

May 17, 2020
I totally agree that the process is so confusing.
I am beginning my process to apply for PR for my parents and like others I also have certain concerns like what should I fill in 0008 form Question:6 in the CSQ number?
So after doing my research, I understand that these are the STEPS:

Step1: Submit the Interest to Sponsor to FEDERAL(which is closed at this moment)
Step2: Once you recieve the Federal letter (of approval I guess) from step 1, you apply to MIDI for the Undertaking.
Step3: Once you recievethe confirmation/CSQ from MIDI QUEBEC, you apply to FEDERAL with all the application forms.

PLEASE CORRECT me if I am WRONG.

Thanks!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I totally agree that the process is so confusing.
I am beginning my process to apply for PR for my parents and like others I also have certain concerns like what should I fill in 0008 form Question:6 in the CSQ number?
So after doing my research, I understand that these are the STEPS:

Step1: Submit the Interest to Sponsor to FEDERAL(which is closed at this moment)
Step2: Once you recieve the Federal letter (of approval I guess) from step 1, you apply to MIDI for the Undertaking.
Step3: Once you recievethe confirmation/CSQ from MIDI QUEBEC, you apply to FEDERAL with all the application forms.

PLEASE CORRECT me if I am WRONG.

Thanks!
0008 form Question:6 leave empty.
After submit interest to sponsor to federal and ones you got invitation to apply do following 2 step:

Step 1. apply for federal ( submit Sponsorship + PR application ) same time
Step 2. ones Sponsorship Approval received PR file will process. at this stage Applicant have to apply for CSQ. ones you got CSQ submit scan copy via Email OR Webform to your Local VO. please check Flowchart and Timeline to get better idea
  1. Flowchart
  2. CSQ Timeline ( for Quebec application year 2019)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnkitaP