+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ak0000

Mar 10, 2017
Hi ,
I have question?
In quebec parents and grandparents sponsorhip one have to pay tax with sufficent funds only for one year
Or continue to pay tax with sufficient funds until process is not done ( next years after file )

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,
I have question?
In quebec parents and grandparents sponsorhip one have to pay tax with sufficent funds only for one year
Or continue to pay tax with sufficient funds until process is not done ( next years after file )
You must continue to meet the income requirement. The reasoning is that you will need to make at least that amount for the rest of their lives so you can support your parents or grandparents.

The system can change at any point so review every year.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
I would like to but they are so expensive. I will search one of the online and will try to contact them. Otherwise, I will explain my situation in details and add proofs of my links to Quebec.
If you have been paying tax for more than 3 years then why are you applying under Quebec which is more restrictive? If you work in BC over 6 months you are no longee Quebec resident but BC resident (is your health insurance still under Quebec?)

Yuvi89

Dec 20, 2019
If you have been paying tax for more than 3 years then why are you applying under Quebec which is more restrictive? If you work in BC over 6 months you are no longee Quebec resident but BC resident (is your health insurance still under Quebec?)
My income for past 3 years is not good enough to sponsor my parents. That is why I did it from Quebec. My income was good in Quebec for 2018. I was the quebec Resident at the time of application in Jan 2019. I just moved to BC for temporary work while my application is under processing and now Moving back to Quebec in March 2020. My employer is going to write it down on their letter head about my temporary stay in BC and about me returning back to Quebec. I am living in Quebec since 2012 and has my bank account in quebec, my phone number is quebec based, I am also actively Licensed with AMF (Authorite Marche Financiere) in Quebec. My apartment mate (Who has name on lease) is going to write the letter that I share the apartment with him (will attach a copy of lease), I will attach hydro Quebec bill under my name, Revenue quebec correspondence with quebec address. Do you think these documentation is good enough ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My income for past 3 years is not good enough to sponsor my parents. That is why I did it from Quebec. My income was good in Quebec for 2018. I was the quebec Resident at the time of application in Jan 2019. I just moved to BC for temporary work while my application is under processing and now Moving back to Quebec in March 2020. My employer is going to write it down on their letter head about my temporary stay in BC and about me returning back to Quebec. I am living in Quebec since 2012 and has my bank account in quebec, my phone number is quebec based, I am also actively Licensed with AMF (Authorite Marche Financiere) in Quebec. My apartment mate (Who has name on lease) is going to write the letter that I share the apartment with him (will attach a copy of lease), I will attach hydro Quebec bill under my name, Revenue quebec correspondence with quebec address. Do you think these documentation is good enough ?
You will have spent 6-9 months out of Quebec during the sponsorship period so you aren’t actually a resident of Quebec. All you can do is try but saying that your employer sent you to BC for 9 months doesn’t make you a Quebec resident. Quebec looks at a very short period of time and during that time you have spent a good portion out of Quebec. You will just have to wait and see what MIFI says.

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
I know that it's a silly question and by now I should know the answer, so I'm honestly embarrassed (as a defense, I have to say that I call the MIFI and they couldn't answer me that !)

So, after we receive the CSQ and that MIFI communicate directly with the LVO where our visa is been process, we don't have to do anything right?

We just have to wait for the Police and Medical request, but in the mean time there is nothing we have to done. Am I right or am I missing something?

I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting precious time :)

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
With the holidays vacations i see the delay is now 4 months !!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
I know that it's a silly question and by now I should know the answer, so I'm honestly embarrassed (as a defense, I have to say that I call the MIFI and they couldn't answer me that !)

So, after we receive the CSQ and that MIFI communicate directly with the LVO where our visa is been process, we don't have to do anything right?

We just have to wait for the Police and Medical request, but in the mean time there is nothing we have to done. Am I right or am I missing something?

I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting precious time :)
No just wait :)

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
It's strange how slow is the CSQ application process in Quebec!!!! They're stuck on September 9th applications since a month ago.
Did anyone tried to contact MIFI?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
It's strange how slow is the CSQ application process in Quebec!!!! They're stuck on September 9th applications since a month ago.
Did anyone tried to contact MIFI?
Holidays definitely slowed things down