+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
One CIC agent told me today that in July they received a request from MIDI to stop processing Quebec family sponsership applicatoin becaues the max. number for family application has already been reached/attained this year, and he doesn't know how much applications are currently waiting in queue.
Happy New Year...
Good bye 2019 and welcome 2020....

hope now CIC will move forward with QC applicant .

Reactions: leon21cn

Yuvi89

Dec 20, 2019
Hello,
"Parents Sponsorship"
I received a letter from MIFI where they are asking me to prove that I am Quebec resident.
I moved to British Columbia temporarily almost 6 months ago because my employer needs me to work in BC for few months. I will come back to Quebec in Spring 2020. I explained this situation clearly in my original application. I added employer's job letter mentioning this situation. Also, I signed the form "A-0539 Declaration du garant a l'etranger". Yet they asked me to prove I am Quebec resident. I am Quebec resident Since 2012 and just moved to BC Temporarily because of work.
Could anyone help me and suggest what action should I take ?? IS there any one who's been in same situation ??
Is form "A-0539" only meant for people sponsoring spouse ? That means to sponsor parents you just cannot leave Quebec, even temporarily ?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hello,
"Parents Sponsorship"
I received a letter from MIFI where they are asking me to prove that I am Quebec resident.
I moved to British Columbia temporarily almost 6 months ago because my employer needs me to work in BC for few months. I will come back to Quebec in Spring 2020. I explained this situation clearly in my original application. I added employer's job letter mentioning this situation. Also, I signed the form "A-0539 Declaration du garant a l'etranger". Yet they asked me to prove I am Quebec resident. I am Quebec resident Since 2012 and just moved to BC Temporarily because of work.
Could anyone help me and suggest what action should I take ?? IS there any one who's been in same situation ??
Is form "A-0539" only meant for people sponsoring spouse ? That means to sponsor parents you just cannot leave Quebec, even temporarily ?
Are you still paying bills in quebec ? like hydro ?

Yuvi89

Dec 20, 2019
Are you still paying bills in quebec ? like hydro ?
Hi,
Yes I am paying for Hydro. I have all the Hydro statements under my name for the Quebec address. Also, I have revenue Quebec assessments letters with Quebec address. I have provided all this detail with my original application. Still he asked me to prove my Quebec residence. I do not understand why ? The lease for the apartment is under my roommate's name who is currently residing in the apartment while I am in BC working for my company temporarily.

Yuvi89

Dec 20, 2019
Hello,
"Parents Sponsorship"
Kindly I am looking for help on above situation. Any help would be very appreciable.

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
Kindly I am looking for help on above situation. Any help would be very appreciable.
Hi,
Following documents are accepted as proof of residence for health insurance (carte soleil), any of these should also be accepted by MIFI

Documents accepted as proof of residence
We accept the following documents only as proof of residence. Select a document type to find out its acceptance criteria.
http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrants-foreign-workers-students/health-insurance/Pages/proof-residence.aspx

A notarized deed of purchase or deed of hypothec of a residence

Employer attestation

Attestation of enrolment from an educational institution

Residential lease or rental contract

Municipal or school tax notice

Sworn statement from the owner, owner’s representative or tenant

Landline telephone, electricity or cable bill

Or you can call MIFI and speak to a customer service agent, an agent should know what documents works as a proof of residence

Centre de contacts clientèle (Information service)
  • Montréal area: 514 864-9191
  • Elsewhere in Québec (toll free): 1 877 864-9191
  • Outside Québec: + 1 514 864-9191
Hope this helps!!!
Good news that your CSQ application received by MIFI on September 24th is in process, their website is stating that they are processing applications received before September 9th, 2019.

Yuvi89

Dec 20, 2019
Hi,
Following documents are accepted as proof of residence for health insurance (carte soleil), any of these should also be accepted by MIFI

Documents accepted as proof of residence
We accept the following documents only as proof of residence. Select a document type to find out its acceptance criteria.
http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrants-foreign-workers-students/health-insurance/Pages/proof-residence.aspx

A notarized deed of purchase or deed of hypothec of a residence

Employer attestation

Attestation of enrolment from an educational institution

Residential lease or rental contract

Municipal or school tax notice

Sworn statement from the owner, owner’s representative or tenant

Landline telephone, electricity or cable bill

Or you can call MIFI and speak to a customer service agent, an agent should know what documents works as a proof of residence

Centre de contacts clientèle (Information service)
  • Montréal area: 514 864-9191
  • Elsewhere in Québec (toll free): 1 877 864-9191
  • Outside Québec: + 1 514 864-9191
Hope this helps!!!
Good news that your CSQ application received by MIFI on September 24th is in process, their website is stating that they are processing applications received before September 9th, 2019.
Yes it is very helpful. Thank you !!
Among the list, I only have Electricity bill under my name. Do you think only 1 document is enough ??

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
Yes it is very helpful. Thank you !!
Among the list, I only have Electricity bill under my name. Do you think only 1 document is enough ??
Better to call MIFI and ask!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
"Parents Sponsorship"
Unfortunately I wouldn’t consider 9 month temporary especially when the only time that counts is the year before sponsorship and the time during sponsorship. I would contact a Quebec immigration lawyer before you respond.

Yuvi89

Dec 20, 2019
Unfortunately I wouldn’t consider 9 month temporary especially when the only time that counts is the year before sponsorship and the time during sponsorship. I would contact a Quebec immigration lawyer before you respond.
I would like to but they are so expensive. I will search one of the online and will try to contact them. Otherwise, I will explain my situation in details and add proofs of my links to Quebec.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would like to but they are so expensive. I will search one of the online and will try to contact them. Otherwise, I will explain my situation in details and add proofs of my links to Quebec.
It wold be worth it because I fear that you are going to be refused sponsorship. Can’t guarantee that the lawyer will help but it is your best shot.

Yuvi89

Dec 20, 2019
It wold be worth it because I fear that you are going to be refused sponsorship. Can’t guarantee that the lawyer will help but it is your best shot.
What is the main reason that makes you think They will refuse the sponsorship application ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is the main reason that makes you think They will refuse the sponsorship application ?
They are asking you to prove that you have been a Quebec resident but you have been out of Quebec for the past 6 months and will remain out of Quebec for the next 3+ months. You haven’t been a resident of Quebec during that time. You said you already specified that you had been transferred by your Quebec employer and you got a follow-up asking for you to prove that you were a Quebec resident. You essentially left Quebec after submitting your PGP application. I hope I am wrong but you need to be consulting a lawyer if you want your best attempt at keeping the sponsorship.