+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hello , Question for people whose parents landed in Quebec province. They have flight next week but the original certificate of selection in Quebec (CSQ) is with me in Montreal. Has anybody landed with photocopy of CSQ ? Do they allow to land with photocopy/scanned copy of CSQ in Quebec?
Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As long as they are still relocating to Quebec then landing in Toronto first is fine. To qualify for Quebec sponsorship program their sponsor has to be still living in Canada when they land and they must be moving to Quebec when they arrive. If not they only qualify for the federal program and need 3 years of income meeting LICO and parents need to support parents for 20 years.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Can someone please guide me to the step by step process for applying for the parent sponsorship for people based in quebec. I am just not able to find this information anywhere. thank you

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Hello , Question for people whose parents landed in Quebec province. They have flight next week but the original certificate of selection in Quebec (CSQ) is with me in Montreal. Has anybody landed with photocopy of CSQ ? Do they allow to land with photocopy/scanned copy of CSQ in Quebec?
Thanks in advance!
you only need the documents IRCC provided you. You will need the CSQ when applying for the RAMQ

Reactions: aman6699

Gggrwl

Jan 21, 2020
Thanks in advance!
They asked for a CSQ from my mom during immigration process. She had original CSQ though

arz_rch

Nov 23, 2019
Hello,
When we submit our application, we promise to support our parents for 10 years.
My question is, once our parents land in Canada (Montreal), will they consider as dependents and it has impact in our income tax? Do you know should we contact the HR and ask them to update our file (form TD1, Personal tax credits)?
Thanks!

Reactions: gen_z

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hello,
When we submit our application, we promise to support our parents for 10 years.
My question is, once our parents land in Canada (Montreal), will they consider as dependents and it has impact in our income tax? Do you know should we contact the HR and ask them to update our file (form TD1, Personal tax credits)?
Thanks!
I have the same question.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
My parents got their CoPR. The destination city is Montreal. Is that ok if they land at Toronto? Do they have to land at Montreal?
They need to prove that they are going to Quebec. If they land in Toronto on their way to Quebec that is fine.