+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I called them yesterday and there seems to be some confusion on their part, but she told me that she believes they do indeed advance in parallel - so the LVO doesn't need to wait for CSQ, but it depends on specific visa office.
No one from QC got IME from CPC-M or other LVO yet. that means LVO /CPC-M not requesting IME till CSQ not proceed.

Quebec only requires 1 year versus 3 years to qualify so you do end up waiting a lot less.
Question is MIDI processing time is more then double now & LVO holding IME as per tracker no one from QC got IME request.

Last edited:

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Quebec only requires 1 year versus 3 years to qualify so you do end up waiting a lot less.
For sure, and at least Quebec is more transparent with their waiting times, they cannot fulfill their service agreement and they are very clear about it on their website, even going as far as regularly updating the currently processed applications.
I have never seen (and don't think it will ever happen) that the IRCC will say: "we have received more applications than before, so the wait times are longer". There's just silence for weeks, months, years with no information at all
Be patient, the Quebec process will definitely not delay the main process...

Reactions: zirawood

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Yes for some people, but i already have 7 years, so for me it's more waiting

j.a.jaimes20

Jul 21, 2015
@robertp here is an update of my file. Sorry I have taken so long:
August 27: Biometrics completed
August 29: received Background Check from embassy at Bogota
Sept 05: Application sent to MIDI
Sept 09: Background Check documents sent to the embassy at Bogota

Note that one of the documents they asked for the background check was the CSQ. As instructed, I wrote a letter explaining I was recently invited to apply for it through MIDI, and that it would take approx 2.5 months.

Ill keep you posted with more info!

Thanks!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp here is an update of my file. Sorry I have taken so long:
August 27: Biometrics completed
August 29: received Background Check from embassy at Bogota
Sept 05: Application sent to MIDI
Sept 09: Background Check documents sent to the embassy at Bogota

Note that one of the documents they asked for the background check was the CSQ. As instructed, I wrote a letter explaining I was recently invited to apply for it through MIDI, and that it would take approx 2.5 months.

Ill keep you posted with more info!

Thanks!
what is your CSQ timeline

CSQ & Undertaking:
MIDI received Aug 29 or Sept 5?
AoR issue Date
AoR received Date

j.a.jaimes20

Jul 21, 2015
what is your CSQ timeline

CSQ & Undertaking:
MIDI received Aug 29 or Sept 5?
AoR issue Date
AoR received Date
You have my info in the tracker: j.a.jaimes20

I received the SA on August 27
I received a letter from the embassy to apply for the background check on August 29.
I sent the MIDI application on Sept 05
I sent the Background check on Sept 09

I have not received any news neither from MIDI, nor from the embassy of Canada in Bogota.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
You have my info in the tracker: j.a.jaimes20

I received the SA on August 27
I received a letter from the embassy to apply for the background check on August 29.
I sent the MIDI application on Sept 05
I sent the Background check on Sept 09

I have not received any news neither from MIDI, nor from the embassy of Canada in Bogota.
Aug 29 Bogota request CSQ and PCC , travel history? what background check Bogota asked to submit? and what you sent on Sept 9?
next week before Friday you will get AoR from MIDI via snail mail.

Last edited:

j.a.jaimes20

Jul 21, 2015
Aug 29 Bogota request CSQ and PCC , travel history? what background check Bogota asked to submit? and what you sent on Sept 9?
next week before Friday you will get AoR from MIDI via snail mail.
They asked for the following:
Police certificate from a private company
Certificate of military service
Birth certificate of my parents
CSQs

In the letter said I had 30 days to submit all documents, except for the CSQ, for which I had 90 days. If I was missing any documents, I would have to provide an explanation letter. The letter also said I had to upload the documents throy mycic, but the option was not available. The letter mentioned I could send the documents via snail mail, so I did. I contacted the embassy and it seems like its ok to do so.

I think this list of documents and procedure is very unique for Colombians.

Hope this helps!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
CSQs

In the letter said I had 30 days to submit all documents, except for the CSQ, for which I had 90 days. If I was missing any documents, I would have to provide an explanation letter. The letter also said I had to upload the documents throy mycic, but the option was not available. The letter mentioned I could send the documents via snail mail, so I did. I contacted the embassy and it seems like its ok to do so.

Hope this helps!
90 days for CSQ ? that's really tight ! the processing time is 70 days and they only give 90 !!!!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
CSQs

Hope this helps!
90 days for CSQ ? that's really tight ! the processing time is 70 days and they only give 90 !!!!
LVO Bogota don't know process for Quebec applicant!! why they asking CSQ to Sponsor / Applicant. as per MIDI website " Arrangements have also been made so that you do not have to worry about the date of issuance of the Québec Selection Certificate. The MIDI is in charge of making the link with the IRCC."

@j.a.jaimes20 you can provide all document and if you have MIDI reference number or file number please provide with explanation letter that you already applied for CSQ. hopefully before Friday you will get AoR from MIDI via snail mail.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
LVO Bogota don't know process for Quebec applicant!! why they asking CSQ to Sponsor / Applicant. as per MIDI website " Arrangements have also been made so that you do not have to worry about the date of issuance of the Québec Selection Certificate. The MIDI is in charge of making the link with the IRCC."

@j.a.jaimes20 you can provide all document and if you have MIDI reference number or file number please provide with explanation letter that you already applied for CSQ. hopefully before Friday you will get AoR from MIDI via snail mail.
Of course they know how to process an application for Quebec applicant. For example, the same thing happened to me when I sponsored my wife (Mexico LVO), they sent the AOR and requested the CSQ in an additional email, the only reason to do that is because they want to make sure that you have already applied for a CSQ and avoid any unnecessary delays into the processing of the application
I received the CSQ a day after they requested it (25 days was fulfilled back then), so I just sent it through web form, though I never got an answer. MIDI is obviously sending it directly to IRCC, but it doesn't hurt to send it on our own to be 100% sure

Reactions: zirawood

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Of course they know how to process an application for Quebec applicant. For example, the same thing happened to me when I sponsored my wife (Mexico LVO), they sent the AOR and requested the CSQ in an additional email, the only reason to do that is because they want to make sure that you have already applied for a CSQ and avoid any unnecessary delays into the processing of the application
I received the CSQ a day after they requested it (25 days was fulfilled back then), so I just sent it through web form, though I never got an answer. MIDI is obviously sending it directly to IRCC, but it doesn't hurt to send it on our own to be 100% sure
NDVO , CPC-M not sent anything like this for QC applicant . Sponsorship Approval letter have mention QC applicant have to apply MIDI to get CSQ . does any other LVO requested CSQ for 2019 PGP?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
For Quebec Applicant ONLY: CSQ processing time

The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

*****Sept 16, 2019 update:*****
June 28, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
July 4, 2019 for other family members.

*****Sept 9, 2019 update:*****
June 19, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
June 18, 2019 for other family members.

*****Sept 5, 2019 update:*****

June 17, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
June 21, 2019 for other family members.

*****Aug 20, 2019 update:*****

June 5, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
June 5, 2019 for other family members.

*****July 18, 2019 update:*****

May 15, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
May 21, 2019 for other family members.

**LINK : http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

Reactions: jas89

canadagoose75

Sep 20, 2019
Is MIDI became MIFI now?

Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
Could you confirm if A-0520-BF is the only form to be filled and signed by the person being sponsored. Just got the acceptance from IRCC today to now apply to MID(L)I.
Is there a time limit for submitting undertaking application & dox to MIDI?