+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi There!

I recently received invitation from federal to apply for my parents sponsorship. this PGP 2021. can anybody explain me after submittiong the necessary documents, what would happen? they asked me not to do the financial evaluation part.
You do t need to fill financial evaluation part for federal. Submit application without financial form and wait for sponsorship approval letter. Ones you get sponsorship approval letter submit CSQ application . With CSQ application you have to submit Quebec financial form.

check flowchart:https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/flowchart

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
You would not qualify for this year’s draw. You’ll need to wait and see what the PGP program involves next year. There were supposed to be changes to the program but covid hit. There has been a lot of pressure to prioritize applicants who have applied without being selected for many years first.
Thanks for your revert back. Is there a step by step process map for the PGP for quebec residents. I tried looking up online but Quebec govt website is confusing and the detailed ones is in french. If you could share the relevant thread on this forum - that would be helpful as well.

gen_z

May 23, 2018
I sent my application Friday. Per the website processing time is 2 weeks. Will keep you posted
Great thanks.

I've sent mine in 2.5 weeks ago, they just started processing it a few days ago. I will also keep you posted. I hope it doesn't take too long, because I received a letter from IRCC requesting CSQ within 30 days. Did you also receive this letter?

Thanks

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Great thanks.

I've sent mine in 2.5 weeks ago, they just started processing it a few days ago. I will also keep you posted. I hope it doesn't take too long, because I received a letter from IRCC requesting CSQ within 30 days. Did you also receive this letter?

Thanks
So you applied for CSQ after receiving the invite from IRCC under PGP?

ryac

Jan 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

I received the letter from IRCC to apply for CSQ in QC for my parents.

My parents are divorced and I sent two separate applications to IRCC for my father and for my mother. The applications were treated separately with two different application numbers. Friday, I received two letters (one for my father and one for my mother) to apply in Quebec.

My question is related to the question on the Quebec forms (financial capacity and undertaking form): Did you have a previous undertaking before this one?
Since I am filling two undertaking at the same time (for the first time of my life), should I answer NO for both (because I signed them the same day) or should I reply NO for the 1st undertaking and YES for the 2nd one even though I am signing and sending them at the same time?

Also, I still don’t know how much income I will need exactly because it will depend of how they will treat both applications. The options that I have in mind are: 1. Does he have enough for his mother? Does he have enough for his father OR 2. Does he have enough for his mother? If yes we accept the 1st undertaking and now Does he have enough for his father knowing that there is another undertaking for his mother?

Thank you in advance for your help.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

I received the letter from IRCC to apply for CSQ in QC for my parents.

My parents are divorced and I sent two separate applications to IRCC for my father and for my mother. The applications were treated separately with two different application numbers. Friday, I received two letters (one for my father and one for my mother) to apply in Quebec.

My question is related to the question on the Quebec forms (financial capacity and undertaking form): Did you have a previous undertaking before this one?
Since I am filling two undertaking at the same time (for the first time of my life), should I answer NO for both (because I signed them the same day) or should I reply NO for the 1st undertaking and YES for the 2nd one even though I am signing and sending them at the same time?

Also, I still don’t know how much income I will need exactly because it will depend of how they will treat both applications. The options that I have in mind are: 1. Does he have enough for his mother? Does he have enough for his father OR 2. Does he have enough for his mother? If yes we accept the 1st undertaking and now Does he have enough for his father knowing that there is another undertaking for his mother?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi;
I would think the same as you; but for this particular situation, never heard that before, I would highly ENCOURAGE you to call MIFI and ask that question. Technically it will count as 2 different undertakings which mean the 1rst one will be a normal's one but second one will be treated as a new undertaking. This will have an impact on the financial assessment.

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Great thanks.

Thanks
Not yet. It was mentioned in the SA letter to request for the CSQ. But MIFI will directly communicate with IRCC. I don’t think the 30days dead line is not relevant as the process doesn’t depend on you

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Not yet. It was mentioned in the SA letter to request for the CSQ. But MIFI will directly communicate with IRCC. I don’t think the 30days dead line is not relevant as the process doesn’t depend on you
Yah, I actually found out that they just started processing my application. They apparently first take the fees and maybe a week later they will start processing it. Let's see how long they take.