+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Option good or bad

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
NOC list is out and mine occupation not in the list :( so can you please share your views on should i try Quebec option as skilled worker?
I know very little French but my wife is expert in French
Can we move to other part of Canada (Outside Quebec)for work once we land in Quebec?

What are the pros and cons of this option?

Awaiting reply

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Amo_sap said:
NOC list is out and mine occupation not in the list :( so can you please share your views on should i try Quebec option as skilled worker?
I know very little French but my wife is expert in French
Can we move to other part of Canada (Outside Quebec)for work once we land in Quebec?

What are the pros and cons of this option?

Awaiting reply

I think you should first read some of the info. about Quebec described here:

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

Recent Changes to Quebec Immigration: A Summary

Quebec Skilled Workers Processing Times

The Eight steps of the Canadian Immigration Process - Quebec Skilled Worker

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
I don't know how I could have forgotten this link (this is the official Preliminary tool):

Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration

The Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration enables you to obtain directly online a free summary evaluation of your chances of being selected by Québec. Note that this It does not , however, lead to a formal decision under An Act Respecting Immigration to Québec, but rather provides you with a positive or negative opinion from the ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles(MICC) regarding your candidacy.

****Intake of applications

Skilled workers - See below to determine if you can submit an application in the Skilled worker class until July 31, 2013

Skilled workers

You can submit an immigration application as a skilled worker only if one of the following situations applies to you:

You temporarily reside in Québec as a temporary worker. You meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (Temporary worker) (PEQ - Québec experience program for temporary workers) or are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers.
You have obtained a diploma awarded by a Québec teaching institution for studies done in Québec or you are about to obtain that diploma and you meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (Québec Graduate) (PEQ - Québec experience program for Québec graduates).
You reside temporarily in Québec as a foreign student, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.
You reside temporarily in Québec within the framework of a youth exchange program subject to an international agreement, such as a work holiday program. You are working full time in Québec, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a Québec diploma or a diploma treated as a Québec diploma that sanctions at least one year of full-time studies. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold an employment offer made by a Québec employer and validated by the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada informed you that your application for permanent residence in Canada was admissible for processing.
You reside temporarily in Québec, you were a Canadian citizen at one time and you are submitting you application in Québec.

If none of these situations applies to you, you cannot submit an application until July 31, 2013

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hye i am pretty much sure that i can satisfy this requirement:

You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application.

I have done MBA in Finance and worked in Financial services sector for more than 4 years.. I earned this Masters 4 years back

Do i qualify?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not know if you qualify, but sure you can work outside Quebec (such as living in Hull, Quebec and work in Ottawa, Ontario - just a short drive).

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
steaky said:
I do not know if you qualify, but sure you can work outside Quebec (such as living in Hull, Quebec and work in Ottawa, Ontario - just a short drive).
Thanks for input but can i work in Alberta after landing and receiving my PR from Quebec?? Is there any minimum period that i need to stay in Quebec?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Amo_sap said:
Hye i am pretty much sure that i can satisfy this requirement:

You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application.

I have done MBA in Finance and worked in Financial services sector for more than 4 years.. I earned this Masters 4 years back

Do i qualify?
Hello Amo_sap, I see you say you "know very little French but my wife is expert in French", in that case, if you want to know if you qualify with the above, you should have her help you read the following French documents (click on the PDF links below):

• You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.

You need to check the list in the (French) PDF documents I linked to above to determine if you (or your spouse) qualify for the points.

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
I really appreciate your time and input and trust me that is helping me immensely ;)

I checked bot pdf files and my wife has diploma/degree in 6 points grid and mine is in 12 points grid and both of us have received diploma/
degree in 2009

so i hope i stand a chance!! right? Can my wife become main applicant if she is getting minimum points score (57)?
;)

donutbox said:
Hello Amo_sap, I see you say you "know very little French but my wife is expert in French", in that case, if you want to know if you qualify with the above, you should have her help you read the following French documents (click on the PDF links below):

• You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.

You need to check the list in the (French) PDF documents I linked to above to determine if you (or your spouse) qualify for the points.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Amo_sap said:
I really appreciate your time and input and trust me that is helping me immensely ;)

I checked bot pdf files and my wife has diploma/degree in 6 points grid and mine is in 12 points grid and both of us have received diploma/
degree in 2009

so i hope i stand a chance!! right? Can my wife become main applicant if she is getting minimum points score (57)?
;)

Regarding your chances I really don't know, sorry I am not an expert at this. You could try the free Canada immigration Assessment tool at this CanadaVisa site though, they would be better able to advise you regarding the QSWP.

I think which ever one of you BEST satisfy the requirement should be the main applicant.

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Can somebody confirm that is Spouse Area of Training points are considered fr QSW 2013?? Because i can see here @ http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html that points we can avail but my consultant saying this is no more considered ...

confused

Any input would help