+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Investor Submitted PR application Waiting for File Number

Oct 10, 2020
Hey everybody,

I submitted my PR documents in the middle of March. It was delivered with signiture "COVID 19" 6 days later. But nothing happened then. I tried RICC hotline , web form many times but no one could give me a clear anwser if my documents were received. But repeatedly replied they work with reduced capacity and they do best to process applications.

Anyone has the same situation here or got a file number recently?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020
In normal situation it would be 2 to 18 weeks between receipt and openning file. Now it has been well beyond the time limit. Devastating if documents were missing without knowning AND CSQ expires. Should I worry? Any information and suggestion are greatly appreciated.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
In normal situation it would be 2 to 18 weeks between receipt and openning file. Now it has been well beyond the time limit. Devastating if documents were missing without knowning AND CSQ expires. Should I worry? Any information and suggestion are greatly appreciated.
As long as the CSQ wasn't expired when you've submitted the PR application, after that it doesn't matter anymore, MIFI won't issue a new one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-quebec-selection-certificate.html

You may be confusing with the processing times of EE PR program. Under QSWP PR application, there's no time between "receipt and file opening" time, there might be some assumptions on the forum, but total processing time is at least 17 months and what happens in between, the applicants won't know it unless you request for GCMS notes. I'm sure there are people from 2019 waiting for the same under QSWP.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers/after-apply-next-steps.html

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020
As long as the CSQ wasn't expired when you've submitted the PR application, after that it doesn't matter anymore, MIFI won't issue a new one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-quebec-selection-certificate.html

You may be confusing with the processing times of EE PR program. Under QSWP PR application, there's no time between "receipt and file opening" time, there might be some assumptions on the forum, but total processing time is at least 17 months and what happens in between, the applicants won't know it unless you request for GCMS notes. I'm sure there are people from 2019 waiting for the same under QSWP.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers/after-apply-next-steps.html
Thank you. I am under Quebec entrepreneur or investor program of which the processing time is about 48 months. The starting point of caculating the processing time is the day of receipt by intake office, according to IRCC website Q&A. During an already crazily long processing time, AOR in a timely manner is a baseline of service but seems they don't agree. As time passed by, all kinds of illusions came out. Just 3 weeks before pandemic there was only 2 weeks between Receipt and AOR for QBC category.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thank you. I am under Quebec entrepreneur or investor program of which the processing time is about 48 months. The starting point of caculating the processing time is the day of receipt by intake office, according to IRCC website Q&A. During an already crazily long processing time, AOR in a timely manner is a baseline of service but seems they don't agree. As time passed by, all kinds of illusions came out. Just 3 weeks before pandemic there was only 2 weeks between Receipt and AOR for QBC category.
My bad, in that case you should definitely keep checking the status of your application given the long processing time, unfortunately this is not a very common PR program as you can imagine so I'm not sure if anybody from the forum can help you. Even though probably it's too early, you might want to try getting the GCMS notes of your application to check the status if you still don't get update from phone/webform.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Oct 10, 2020
My bad, in that case you should definitely keep checking the status of your application given the long processing time, unfortunately this is not a very common PR program as you can imagine so I'm not sure if anybody from the forum can help you. Even though probably it's too early, you might want to try getting the GCMS notes of your application to check the status if you still don't get update from phone/webform.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/
Thank you so very much! I will work on it soon. Salut!

deva3012

Dec 18, 2010

Hi
Would appreciate, if you would inform under which category you applied? Quebec Investor, Entrepreneur or Quebec Self employed. I applied under investor in 2015.

Regards

Oct 10, 2020
Hi
Would appreciate, if you would inform under which category you applied? Quebec Investor, Entrepreneur or Quebec Self employed. I applied under investor in 2015.

Regards
I am under investor program. I know someone who had file number in 2017. 3 got visa this month, the same category as mine.

Reactions: Thanate

Thanate

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Bangkok
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Quebec Investor
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
I am under investor program. I know someone who had file number in 2017. 3 got visa this month, the same category as mine.
By that do you mean March 2017? Then it means around 43 months processing time. The latest info from CIC website says the processing time is at 48 months.

Oct 10, 2020
By that do you mean March 2017? Then it means around 43 months processing time. The latest info from CIC website says the processing time is at 48 months.
Yes exactly. To my best knowlege the 48 month is an average processing time, but as to individuals differences indeed happen.

Oct 10, 2020
Yes exactly. To my best knowlege the 48 month is an average processing time, but as to individuals differences indeed happen.
Q&A in RICC about the caculation of processing time, the start point is "receipt of application". The 48 month covers the period we waiting for FN. So in her case not 43 month, but 2 month more.

Thanate

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Bangkok
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Quebec Investor
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Q&A in RICC about the caculation of processing time, the start point is "receipt of application". The 48 month covers the period we waiting for FN. So in her case not 43 month, but 2 month more.
Hi,
I just noticed your timeline, which is quite similar to mine as follows:

2019.9 Interview in Montreal / verbal approval after the interview
2019.11 CSQ issued
2019.12 PR Submission
2020.01 File Number given

Oct 10, 2020
Hi,
I just noticed your timeline, which is quite similar to mine as follows:

2019.9 Interview in Montreal / verbal approval after the interview
2019.11 CSQ issued
2019.12 PR Submission
2020.01 File Number given
Hello Thanate, congrats! Your application proceeds smoothly. Expect progress.