+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Investor program update

sarabi

May 25, 2011
I applied quebec investor in September 2010 and received documents acknowledgement in December 2010, I am still waiting for further response, anyone know what time they takes, or any update about QIIP cases which submitted in September 2010 (previous category where net worth required CAD$ 800000.00)?

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
The processing in your case are about 2 years so few more months to go before you will hear anything.

sarabi

May 25, 2011
Anyone who applied in Quebec Investor previous category (where net-worth required CAD 800000.00), I have been looking for some feedback or updated status those who applied nearby September 2010, :)

smsjamespapa

Aug 24, 2011
Dear Sarabi , as you applied in September 2010 and you have received acknowledgment on December 2010, and still you have not received any thing that is surprising me.
you must have received interview notification between June, and August 2011. May be you have not submitted complete documents or may be they have wrong mailing address.
Please just check with the Quebec immigration by writhing them email, and mention your complete file details along with your complete name, they will inform you in week.

sarabi

May 25, 2011
Quebec Investor Program is closed, checkout official release
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/applications-received.html

They have closed and I hope they settle backlog, those who applied in 2011 or before and didn’t receive any call from QIIP, Please share if there is any development

Janie

Jul 19, 2012
smsjamespapa said:
Dear Sarabi , as you applied in September 2010 and you have received acknowledgment on December 2010, and still you have not received any thing that is surprising me.
you must have received interview notification between June, and August 2011. May be you have not submitted complete documents or may be they have wrong mailing address.
Please just check with the Quebec immigration by writhing them email, and mention your complete file details along with your complete name, they will inform you in week.

hello dear, I sent the application on August, 2011 and got the file number/reference number on October, 2011.
Then had the notification of lining up for interview on March, 2012. The lawyer tole me that the immigration office is doing interview with people who received notification at the middle of January, 2012 now.

Do you know when would I do the interview and medical check?
and how longer it will take until i get the Maple Card?
I applied through Hongkong office as a Chinese citizen.

Thanks a lot! :)

sarabi

May 25, 2011
Dear All
Those who applied in QIIP, kindly keep updating our reader about their file status,
It will help us to understand the situation

fawzey abdo

Aug 6, 2012
i have file num de quebec from 5 2012 when it expect to issue a final decesion in applicant is there any felay due to the country of resisdence because iam from egypt

hkbean

Aug 8, 2012
Janie, did you receive the letter for documents to be updated ??? When did you receive it ??

I also applied from HK in Aug 2011 and received file no. in Sep 2011 - then just now in Jul 2012 I got a letter to update my documents. After updating of docs how long after that will I hear from them again for interview ???

sarabi

May 25, 2011
I applied in September 2010, I received letter from QIIP for submission update documents last week, I have no update from any participants who submitted few update document few months before or took interview and update,
It’s required from everyone to keep update their case status and any feedback related to QIIP, only this way will fruitful participation otherwise wasting of time

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
I don't recall the exact date of our application, but so far here's how things have gone for us *sigh*
(applying as investor in Lebanon)

Interview done in Nov. 2009 in Montreal
CSQ received in Jan 2010
Asked for police certificates around Jan 2012.

And that was the last we heard of them. I checked our file status, says our file was transferred to Beirut on Feb 24, 2012.
For applicants in Beirut, I know for a fact that the embassy has been completely understaffed since the immigration department relocated from Damascus to Beirut, and know for a fact that they just brought in a LOT of new employees to work on applications that were in progress when all the Syria fiasco happened.

My friend who had applied as an investor, and had his CSQ dated only THREE MONTHS before ours, already landed here exactly a year ago.
Anyone else in this situation? Or anyone has any updates?

Thanks!
J.

Janie

Jul 19, 2012
hkbean said:
Janie, did you receive the letter for documents to be updated ??? When did you receive it ??

I also applied from HK in Aug 2011 and received file no. in Sep 2011 - then just now in Jul 2012 I got a letter to update my documents. After updating of docs how long after that will I hear from them again for interview ???
I didn't get any info to update my docs. have you received a letter for interview yet?

hkbean

Aug 8, 2012
No I have not yet received interview or interview waiver letter - my lawyer told me it should come by Dec '12 / Jan '13.
Normally the first letter that you receive which gives you the file no. - in that letter they do mention that your documents are in a queue and in about 6-8 months time, before they start looking at your documents as an investor they will ask to resubmit any update documents bcos sometimes the net worth is based on real estate or stock/investments - since these values can change in 6-8 months an update is required - after they receive the update then they start going thru the docs - from then it takes about 4 months.
That's what my lawyer told me and that's what has happened with me - I got a file no. then 1 month ago (Aug '12) I got the letter to update documents. I have sent the updated docs and now waiting for interview or waiver letter.

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will any one can inform me the following,

I already had got the CSQ and already had applied for visa to Federal last month, in this case how long it will take to get the confirmation for the police clearance, medical and confirmation to issuance of visa???

I had applied from Bangladesh to singapore office and my interview was held at hong kong.

Thanks.

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will any one can inform me the following,

I already had got the CSQ and already had applied for visa to Federal last month, in this case how long it will take to get the confirmation for the police clearance, medical and confirmation to issuance of visa???

I had applied from Bangladesh to singapore office and my interview was held at hong kong.

Thanks.