+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec International student

Jun 15, 2022
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello , I just wanna ask If you are a international student in Quebec , I just wanna ask the new law that they implemented, that all 2 years course will be 1 year course.

ganatbasa

Apr 15, 2023
Hello!

I'm an international student going into my third year and I'm considering staying in Canada, likely Quebec, post-grad. International Student Services through McGill is a great resource for study permit questions and they have occasional seminars on post-grad options, but they don't do one-on-one counseling about immigration. What are some good resources you've found? What's your experience with immigrating to Quebec vs the rest of Canada?

Background info in case it's important - I've read through the Immigration, Francisation, et Intégration webpages but it's a lot to handle, my common-law partner is a citizen here, and my French is basic but I'm taking classes and hope to be at a B2 by the time I graduate.

Zuzu1983

Mar 23, 2023
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-03-2023
AOR Received.
01-04-2023
Med's Request
06-04-2023
Med's Done....
10-04-2023
Hello!

I'm an international student going into my third year and I'm considering staying in Canada, likely Quebec, post-grad. International Student Services through McGill is a great resource for study permit questions and they have occasional seminars on post-grad options, but they don't do one-on-one counseling about immigration. What are some good resources you've found? What's your experience with immigrating to Quebec vs the rest of Canada?

Background info in case it's important - I've read through the Immigration, Francisation, et Intégration webpages but it's a lot to handle, my common-law partner is a citizen here, and my French is basic but I'm taking classes and hope to be at a B2 by the time I graduate.
If you're common law (12 months minimum of cohabitation), then you are already likely eligible for spousal sponsorship (inland) by your partner! My wife is an international student, and looking at the different options, it's quicker and easier to go this route than the other programs for PR. While the application is under review (although I've seen in the Family sponsorship forums, some people who went from application to receiving a PR card in 3 months!) you can continue and finish your studies, then apply for Post Graduate Work permit. You can also apply for an Open Work Permit while the PR application is being reviewed, but these days, they are approving PR faster than OWP!

ganatbasa

Apr 15, 2023
Hello!

I'm an international student going into my third year and I'm considering staying in Canada, likely Quebec, post-grad. International Student Services through McGill is a great resource for study permit questions and they have occasional seminars on post-grad options, but they don't do one-on-one counseling xvideos about immigration. What are some good resources you've found? What's your experience with immigrating to Quebec vs the rest of Canada?

I got this,...