+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration

mike12

Jan 6, 2011
Hello All,

I have done 4 years Bachelor degree in computer science, currently I am working in Middle East as programmer. My brother is citizen of canada and is living nowadays in Quebec. When I fill the online form for immigration to Quebec, it says u are successfull, in the form I have given the information like French Knoweldge NIL, Relatives in Canada yes, English language high proficiency.

I don't know whether I should move further OR not? Please guide me what to do, should I apply for Quebec Immigration OR not? I am reading here that Interview is in French, I am wondering how can I get CSQ then. Should I do IELTS OR not?

Please let me know what to do? Also if someone know that my 4 years Bachelor Degree in computer science is equvalent to what degree in Quebec?

Also how long it takes to process CSQ if I apply from Saudi Arabia and overall immigration.
Thanks

mike12

Jan 6, 2011
Please tell me points table for Quebec so that I can check whether I have got 55 points to qualify OR not? Points table which I have got from there site is in French. Hard to understand.

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check out this breakdown
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.htm l (remove space after the m)

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have to take out the space in the 'html' at the end. Copy and paste it into the address bar.

mike12

Jan 6, 2011
I checked it, I qualify but please tell me whether I need to provide IELTS and French langauage proof with my application OR Can I submit it later.

I am planning to apply now and then later on take french classes and appear in IELTS later. When my interview comes, I will be ready to speak french and present my IETLS results.

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors, correct me if I'm wrong but I think that if neither English nor French is your native language, you are required to do the language tests when you submit your application.

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
For Quebec, you are not REQUIRED to take the IELTS or the TEF, but it's recommended in order to speed up your application. You can send it in after your application. If you claim some fluency in French or English, you'll have to prove it somehow; if not with the tests then at the interview. If you don't claim any French, then your interview is in English. Of course, then you'll have less points. Did you do the online assessment on the Quebec immigration site? That's also helpful.

flytocan

Jan 22, 2011
Can someone guide me on how to count points for education and training. My details.

completed 3 year BS and 2year MS in maths (foreign degree) 12 years ago. Did not work in a maths related area.
also completed 2 year MS degree (foreign) in Biochemistry and have 4 yr (2yr in university + 2 yr in job) experience in this area (last 5 years).

using this (immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/informations/list-training-26may2009.pdf), I calculated my points:

Education = 12 points (post graduate degree)
Training = not sure (my BS degree is not in the list of preferred areas of training, but my MS degree is and I have experience in biochem).

also, when I looked at different websites for points for single applicants, I see different numbers (42, 49 and 55). Can someone here enlighten? Thanks.

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
flytocan said:
Can someone guide me on how to count points for education and training. My details.

completed 3 year BS and 2year MS in maths (foreign degree) 12 years ago. Did not work in a maths related area.
also completed 2 year MS degree (foreign) in Biochemistry and have 4 yr (2yr in university + 2 yr in job) experience in this area (last 5 years).

using this (immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/informations/list-training-26may2009.pdf), I calculated my points:

Education = 12 points (post graduate degree)
Training = not sure (my BS degree is not in the list of preferred areas of training, but my MS degree is and I have experience in biochem).

also, when I looked at different websites for points for single applicants, I see different numbers (42, 49 and 55). Can someone here enlighten? Thanks.
The threshold is 55 points for single applicants, but that's *after* the interview, where they can give you up to 6 points. So when you're at home calculating, your "score to beat"is 49 if you're single.

I think, that to get training points, you need to have gotten that degree in the past 5 years OR have had a year of work experience related to it in the past 5 years. See this page:

ht tp://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-training.html

You would get 12 points for your MA under level of education, that's correct.