+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

flangepoint

Jun 1, 2014
jazv4 said:
No you don't. Police certificates are only required at the Federal Stage not CSQ.
Thank you jazv4,
So everything said and done, could you please confirm if this piece of info I have is correct.

The principal applicant without a spouse and without any accompanying children should have funds equivalent to 2956 CAD to satisfy the CIC and successfully obtain CSQ. (Source: Form A-0522-OA Contract of financial self-sufficiency). Is this correct? Please confirm.

I recall having read a few threads where people stated that one needs funds equivalent to 11k CAD for obtaining permanant residency permit.

Are these 2 different things & are both of them true? (i.e $2956 for CSQ stage & $ 11k at the time of application of Permanant residency )
Any inputs/ reasoning and clarifications are welcome.

fallen_hero

Aug 23, 2012
Hi All,

I am Quebec skilled worker, who recently landed. I have not given any mailing address for the pr card, as I don't know my whereabouts in a month and pr card takes more than 3 months now. The thing is I stated to reside in quebec and montreal, but I have job offer that requires me to move to a different province. What are my options here. According to the officer I can give the new address in montreal when i move in to my new location, but since it will be outside quebec will that cause any problem. Please help me decide quickly.

Thanks all.

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
flangepoint said:
Thank you jazv4,
So everything said and done, could you please confirm if this piece of info I have is correct.

The principal applicant without a spouse and without any accompanying children should have funds equivalent to 2956 CAD to satisfy the CIC and successfully obtain CSQ. (Source: Form A-0522-OA Contract of financial self-sufficiency). Is this correct? Please confirm.

I recall having read a few threads where people stated that one needs funds equivalent to 11k CAD for obtaining permanant residency permit.

Are these 2 different things & are both of them true? (i.e $2956 for CSQ stage & $ 11k at the time of application of Permanant residency )
Any inputs/ reasoning and clarifications are welcome.

You only need to complete the Contract of financial self-sufficiency. and use the fund required for a couple.

the 11k requirement you are talking about is for FSW programme.

At the moment of submitting the CSQ you need to provide the contract. Once CSQ is granted, you don't even send anything regard financial status to CIC.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fallen_hero said:
Hi All,

I am Quebec skilled worker, who recently landed. I have not given any mailing address for the pr card, as I don't know my whereabouts in a month and pr card takes more than 3 months now. The thing is I stated to reside in quebec and montreal, but I have job offer that requires me to move to a different province. What are my options here. According to the officer I can give the new address in montreal when i move in to my new location, but since it will be outside quebec will that cause any problem. Please help me decide quickly.

Thanks all.
It will cause problems in the future. Look for a job with the bounds of Quebec.

flangepoint

Jun 1, 2014
jazv4 said:
You only need to complete the Contract of financial self-sufficiency. and use the fund required for a couple.

the 11k requirement you are talking about is for FSW programme.

At the moment of submitting the CSQ you need to provide the contract. Once CSQ is granted, you don't even send anything regard financial status to CIC.
Gracias Jazv4 !! :)

shahraza87

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Hello All,

I am new here and i need help form an expert.

I am planning to apply for Quebec Nominee program but i am confused as i don't understand how to calculate my points

plz help me in calculating points for Quebec

Education

Bachelors of Science in Textile Technology (4 years Degree) Completed in Dec 2008
Total 16 Years of Education.

Wife's Education: MSc Mathematics completed in 2011
Total 16 Years of Education.

Experience

1.5 Years in Textile, 1 Year as a Marketing Executive in Overseas Education Firm, currently working as an International Business Executive at Tradekey.
Total Experience 03 Years.
Wife has no Experience

24 (Wife's Age)

IELTS
No IELTS right now but have English Proficiency Letter from my University is this acceptable.

No French language proficiency but learning French can I send a letter that Me and My Wife are learning French

Married with one dependent child

No relatives in Quebec but have sister in Toronto for last 10 years

Plz let me know am i eligible to apply for Quebec?

CSKSL

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Hi Professionals,
we are new to here & need help from experts
My wife is a Nurse and we have apply for QSW program in 18, March 2014 & an AOR till not received. and our Bank draft will expire coming July.Is anyone know when the AOR will issue and if the BD expired what will do for next please help..!!!! ??? ???

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fallen_hero said:
How long is it advisable to stay in the current province?
If you intend to go another province after being selected for this program, it is safe to do so when you get citizenship. It will take around 3-4 years after PR. By that time, most probably, you are accustomed to the province already.

CSKSL said:
Hi Professionals,
we are new to here & need help from experts
My wife is a Nurse and we have apply for QSW program in 18, March 2014 & an AOR till not received. and our Bank draft will expire coming July.Is anyone know when the AOR will issue and if the BD expired what will do for next please help..!!!! ??? ???
it is still early to get worried. I suggest you call MICC and ask if your file is open.

CSKSL

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Many Thanks for the quick reply
just to know which Data/information do i need to provide them to ask about our file..??

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
halllo,

can anybody explain to me the below two requests:

1- attestation de la légalité de votre expérience professionnelle au cours des cinq dernières années

• Original ou copie certifiée conforme de preuve des cotisations sociales ou preuve d'exonération du paiement des primes de sécurité sociale

Pour : Requérant principal ou requérante principale R Conjoint ou conjointe R

• Original de la traduction :

Pour : Requérant principal ou requérante principale R Conjoint ou conjointe R
Remarque : S'il vous est impossible de fournir une preuve de cotisations sociales ou une preuve d'exonération du paiement des primes de sécurité sociale, vous devez fournir l'original ou la copie certifiée conforme à l'original de la preuve du paiement de l'impôt sur le revenu.
kindly note that i'm working in Qatar and we dont have any taxe or socials deduction how can i proove that?
2- Formulaire original de la Déclaration d'un candidat ou d'une candidate exerçant une profession ou un métier réglementés (A-0527-JF), dûment rempli et signé
Pour : Requérant principal ou requérante principale et Conjoint ou conjointe R

flangepoint

Jun 1, 2014
flangepoint said:
Gracias Jazv4 !! :)
Seniors in the house,

I've come back again with one more query. Please, please help me out here.

Here's the situation.
I'm Indian & have an Indian passport which expires in Oct 2015. The Indian guidelines for renewal permit me to renew this passport only when it is within 1 year of expiry. So in thia case I can submit my renewal only after Oct 2014 (4 months from here).

The CSQ guidelines say, your passport should be valid for at least a year when you apply. ( I dont know how to interpret this statement)

Here's the question:
Will they consider my passport as vaild? (I'm applying next week, 9th July 2014)

Is the validity of passport counted from the date of application or is it counted from the date they open my file.

Anybody who has been in this situtaion, can you please throw some light on this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

shaheen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I applied for CSQ in March 2013 and I got my AOR in August 2013. My BIQ is Paris. I have a couple of questions, if anybody could help me.

1) How to inform BIQ about change of address?

2) Do my spouse and I have to get our credentials assessed? if yes,What should I do for that?

3) when can I expect them for an interview?

I appreciate any prompt reply.

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have couple of questions which I would be happy if someone could help me :

0.Did we pass the deadline to apply for QSW ? If it has a deadline when is it ?

1.I graduated from McGill in April 2013. How much time do I have to apply for CSQ in this way ?

2. I have 10 months of experience as a Business and Marketing Manager at a construction company in Iran. Is there any restriction on the type of the job or the location where I obtained the experience to gain the score ? I couldn't find any list regarding this score . Besides, while I was studying Master of Computer Science at McGill University , I was doing my thesis at a Health Research Center (we were doing statistic research on health data) as a student. I was paid a scholarship (18K per year). Can I use this experience as a job experience too ?

3.I lived in Montreal from Sept. 2011 to Sept. 2013 but it's been a year that I've been out of Canada (I stayed in Canada for 3 days in February 2014 on my way from the US to Iran since I left Canada in September). Right now I'm on a Post Graduate Work Permit issued in April 2013 and is valid until April 2016.
I'm planning to come back to Canada in September. Is it possible to obtain the score of the "Stay in Canada" ? or I have to start a job there and wait for some time to get the points.

4.Is it possible not to know French and apply for the CSQ by this way ? Will there always be an interview with an officer ? Is it possible not to know french and not to face an interview ? or to pass an interview without knowing French ?

6.What do you think of my chance if I have the following points :

Education (Master of Computer Science at McGill University) : 12 points
Training (Bachelor of Computer Engineering in 2010) : 12 points
Work Experience (I'm not sure how much would be counted yet ) : 0 points (Min) , 4 pints (Max)
Validated Job Offer (Nothing yet, I got an offer from Yahoo in Silicon Valley so I believe I can get one in Montreal) : 0 points (for now) , 6 points (when I get an offer)
Language (English , no knowledge of French) : 4 points (Min) , 6 points (Max)
Stay in Canada : 0 points (for now) , 5 points (after 3 months of starting a job in Montreal)
Spouse Education (Business Management out of Canada) : 3 points
Spouse Training (Graduated from Bachelor of Business Management on 2013) : 2 points
Spouse age : 3 points
Financial : 1 point

Min sum of points : 53 points
Max sum of points : 70 points

Thanks in advance for your help

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goin for Masters program at McGill University Montreal. After study can i apply for PR under this category