+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

oge

Jan 4, 2013
islandbabe said:
Hi Oge...No I dont know the code for the NOC...look at the AOT chart....and no you do not need to send police certificate with you CSQ application.
Thank you but please what is ''AOT Chart''?

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
Hello all,

I am in a confused state and appreciate if Quebec applicants or others could put their thoughts and inputs.

I have already applied to QSW in Oct-2012, I renewed my DD last month and only days after I send my DD FSW opened its gates. I was surprised to see my occupation listed (NOC 2131, Civil Engineers) in federal.

Now the question is should I apply for federal as well as my ongoing Quebec application? I have seen some comments that some people have applied longer than 2 years ago but have not been invited to the interview.

Another thought that is driving me mad is that, what if my occupation (NOC 2131, Civil Engineers) is listed on QSW after 31st of July 2013?

So what do you think guys should I go for FSW or should I be patient to see if my occupation will be listed on QSW after 31st of July? It has been longer than a week now that the federal has opened and I have not yet applied for ECA, am I too late already? Will the cap of 300 be reached if I start my ECA by next week

Appreciate your comments!!!

Andre-C

Apr 17, 2013
Hello,

According to the English professions list (Section C) provided on canadavisa.com - the degree of a Bachelor Business Management and Administration (Bach. - 3 years) earned at a University equals 6 points.

What is the equivalent for this degree on the French profession list? Is it:

Gestion et administration des entreprises (BACC. - 3 ans)

dignity3

Dec 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct- 2008
AOR Received.
sep-2008
Med's Request
1st/ march 2011 2/ feb- 2013
Med's Done....
1/3/2013
Passport Req..
23/09/2013
VISA ISSUED...
26/09/2013
LANDED..........
09/10/2013
Hey guys

I have some questions...

Is there any chance for refusal after medical? And how long it will take as average after medical done ?

If refusal, is there any chance for appeal ?? And how ??

All replies would be highly appreciated.
Thx a lot in advanced

amisimer

Jun 1, 2012
mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Biq-hkng
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted wid application
Hi...freinds..lost hope..my file has been returned to me..today i received it...and the letter attached says the same thing apply after 31st july..but i dont know what the hell they were thinking while taking a look on my application as it clearly says that i m applying for AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN(AVIONICS)..which is in priority...i think they got confused bcoz i have done a three year diploma regular studies in avionics stream and as well as BBA(distance education)..but that documents i submitted just to fill in the gap of my studies as i completed engg in 2009 and after that BBA...now what do i do..?? how to bring this thing in their CRAP mind...plz suggest something..is there any way out i can contact them.....

waiting for reply from all seniors... :'(

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
halloo,
anybody applied during Aug 2011?

i applied for the CSQ, and i received the AOR in Aug 2011,at that time the languages skills certificate wasn't required at that time.
i did may maitrise in Business adminstration and management of entreprises in France in 2007, and my BA was in lebanon and i already submit that the language of learning was only the french language.

do they will ask me for language certificate or no?

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
jimmy80 said:
halloo,
anybody applied during Aug 2011?

i applied for the CSQ, and i received the AOR in Aug 2011,at that time the languages skills certificate wasn't required at that time.
i did may maitrise in Business adminstration and management of entreprises in France in 2007, and my BA was in lebanon and i already submit that the language of learning was only the french language.

do they will ask me for language certificate or no?
Dear Jimmy80,

They will not ask French Language certificate from you because you are before 6 December applicant but I suggest you to for a safe side take any french exam and send them your result.

One of a person gets rejected because of his French points while he can speaks good french and had A2+B1 in TCF but he didn't update them about his french result. Interviewer give him only 2 points for french.

So my suggestion for you to take a safe side.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
javeedislam said:
Dear Jimmy80,

They will not ask French Language certificate from you because you are before 6 December applicant but I suggest you to for a safe side take any french exam and send them your result.

One of a person gets rejected because of his French points while he can speaks good french and had A2+B1 in TCF but he didn't update them about his french result. Interviewer give him only 2 points for french.

So my suggestion for you to take a safe side.

thank you javeedislam , really appreciate your help.

shall i do the ILETS also?

mour12

May 7, 2013
Hello guys,
I want to apply for Quebec Skilled worker Program soon but i am hesitating because my french is bad , my french is not good , i do have bad level in french. is it so important to get good points in french exam?? anyone had same experience ? it is really much appreciated.
thank you so much.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tubelight said:
Type in DOMAINES DE FORMATION PERMETTANT D'OBTENIR 12 OU 16 POINTS À LA GRILLE DE SÉLECTION on your google browser and see for yourself. Foreign degree gaining 12 or 16 points are subjected to priority processing.

This does not mean other professions like structural engineering, oil & gas, energy professionals are not in demand in Quebec or elsewhere in Canada. Just that it takes a regular route for being invited to an interview and the waiting times are lengthy.
Hi there,

How fast priority processing is? My degree allows me to get 12 points, I applied within canada as I am in. However I did not submit French test but my CC was charged last week. Do you think they will give me priority even though I did not send French test? I have 64 points in total, without French test.

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
pepe84 said:
Hi there,

How fast priority processing is? My degree allows me to get 12 points, I applied within canada as I am in. However I did not submit French test but my CC was charged last week. Do you think they will give me priority even though I did not send French test? I have 64 points in total, without French test.
Honestly 64 is good score if you are a single applicant and 12 points means that you will surely be considered priority. Not sure but if you are already in Canada then ideally between 3-4 months from the date your CC was charged, just a guess from what I have heard from other members.

French language is equally important and if you have some level of language proficiency then you are smooth sailing. Hang on to it you will get there soon.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tubelight said:
Honestly 64 is good score if you are a single applicant and 12 points means that you will surely be considered priority. Not sure but if you are already in Canada then ideally between 3-4 months from the date your CC was charged, just a guess from what I have heard from other members.

French language is equally important and if you have some level of language proficiency then you are smooth sailing. Hang on to it you will get there soon.
Hi tubelight,

Thanks so much for your answer! Actually I did submit my French test (DELFA2) but it's expired. Also, I have 64 points but I hold a wife, although the passing general score with spouse is 61. Anyways, I got a letter from Montreal yesterday (exactly after one week of charging my CC) saying that my file has been opened and I will receive priority. However, I am still unsure about French and also I don't know how long priority means. If you have any other advices please share!

Thank you!

babake

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for CSQ in 2011 BIQ Paris till to date no reply....Then I decided last year to send my wife for studies as a way for quick immigration since CSQ just went quite. In August 2012 got her Admissions and she traveled to Canada....In Jan This year I applied for Multiple entry visa to visit her with my two children and we all got. In Feb I made a one month Visit to Canada and while there made an application for an open work permit...then came back to my country to wait for it. Then this week Wow! I received a notification that my work permit has been approved and with my four year multi entry visa I can now take my sweet time to finally go and settle in Canada. I have just given the required three months notice for resigning to my employer.....That's my journey...its been expensive a little bit but the end justifies the means! By the time BIQ finishes with my CSQ I will be a Canadian! ;D

Jagoo

May 15, 2013
Hello Guys !!!!
I hope you all will be doing fine. I am preparing to apply for Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration. But i am a bit confuse about training area classification. My education profile is give below, i want to know either they will consider it for Section A or Section B .

Bachelor degree BS(16 years of education )= Mechanical Engineering + MS (2 years) Automotive Engineering

Also i have one year experience in Composite Materials Processing Techniques, How they will acknowledge this experience. Can i consider this experience or any other experience as area of training ?
Total Education years=18

Thanks in advance!