+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

metallica86

Aug 20, 2012
Hi everyone
Our situation: I have a CSQ from Quebec but my common law doesn't. He worked all most 2 years and will going for CEC. I want to apply to PR under Quebec selected skilled worker.
In my application, does he need to fill out the form IMM 5669 and IMM008 DEP even though he's not include in my application ? I will write a letter to explain to the officer and state i want to process alone without him.

Thank you so much for all your help
Regards

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Hi, everyone!
I am currently collecting documents to apply for QSC in skilled worker class. I was wondering if it would be possible for my interview to be waived. Maybe some of you have experience in this matter?

I have 62 points before adaptability, a Canadian bachelor diploma, 8 months of work experience in Quebec, basic French (will do my TEF exam in few months), 12-point area of training (computer science). Do you think I have a chance to get the certificate without an interview and quickly? (my area of training should put me in priority line).

Thanks!

Djoker

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexey_nathan said:
Hi, everyone!
I am currently collecting documents to apply for QSC in skilled worker class. I was wondering if it would be possible for my interview to be waived. Maybe some of you have experience in this matter?

I have 62 points before adaptability, a Canadian bachelor diploma, 8 months of work experience in Quebec, basic French (will do my TEF exam in few months), 12-point area of training (computer science). Do you think I have a chance to get the certificate without an interview and quickly? (my area of training should put me in priority line).

Thanks!

Are you single or married? If you're single, there is a chance to wave your interview because of your points but if you are married I think it's not possible.

And remember, regardless of your points you have the BIQ will call you for interview if they are not satiesfied in the credibility of your documents.

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Djoker said:
Are you single or married? If you're single, there is a chance to wave your interview because of your points but if you are married I think it's not possible.

And remember, regardless of your points you have the BIQ will call you for interview if they are not satiesfied in the credibility of your documents.
I am single.
I see. Thanks a lot!

I have another question now: they are asking for certified true copy of my diploma, but my university (Carleton University, Ottawa) can only send me a certificate of graduation with transcripts. I can't go to Canada and certify a copy of my diploma.

Do you think those documents (official certificate of graduation + transcripts) will be enough to prove my education?

Thank you!

Djoker

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexey_nathan said:
I am single.
I see. Thanks a lot!

I have another question now: they are asking for certified true copy of my diploma, but my university (Carleton University, Ottawa) can only send me a certificate of graduation with transcripts. I can't go to Canada and certify a copy of my diploma.

Do you think those documents (official certificate of graduation + transcripts) will be enough to prove my education?

Thank you!
I'm not sure with that, let's wait for advice from some experts here to answer your query.

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
alexey_nathan said:
I am single.
I see. Thanks a lot!

Thank you!
What I did on the US was send several copies (it always good to have more than one) of my degree to the registrar office along with the form to have it certified.

I'm pretty sure your university could do the same. It will be better if you have your documents certified by the holder of records, IMO.

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
jazv4 said:
What I did on the US was send several copies (it always good to have more than one) of my degree to the registrar office along with the form to have it certified.

I'm pretty sure your university could do the same. It will be better if you have your documents certified by the holder of records, IMO.
So, the university didn't have a problem with this? The registrar's office just signed the form and mailed it back to you?
Thanks a lot!

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
alexey_nathan said:
So, the university didn't have a problem with this? The registrar's office just signed the form and mailed it back to you?
Thanks a lot!
no, they didn't. That is actually the procedure my university has for certifying diplomas.
They just send me a form so i could request the certification and attach my method of payment. I returned the form and the copies to the registrar office and they processed everything. I guess they just went in the computer and verified that my degree was indeed valid and since that was the case, they embossed the copies with the university seal and signed as authentic copy.

Wasn't that expensive either, in my case $5 per copy. But that could be different in you university.

So talk to your registrar's office and I'm pretty sure they will help you out.

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
hi jazv4

Have you gotten your CSQ already?

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
xyiday said:
hi jazv4

Have you gotten your CSQ already?
No, unfortunately I'm still waiting. They received my app Aug-08-12 but they still haven't even charged my CC :mad:. :'(

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
jazv4 said:
No, unfortunately I'm still waiting. They received my app Aug-08-12 but they still haven't even charged my CC :mad:. :'(

i heard montreal biq is fast, it takes them a longer while to issue aor but after that, very fast for interview .

drop a line when you get any updates :)

Sam280

Aug 21, 2012
Hi Everyone.
I am new in this forum but I see it as a most useful resource of information compared to other resources.
As per my self evaluation I will be getting around 63/65 Points as below;

Age 16 ( 33 years )
Education 12 ( Masters of Commerce ) Major in Accounting, Finance & Cost Accounting.
Experience 8 ( Working as an Management Accountant from last 10 years )
Area of Training 6 ( Considering Section C for Safer side, I dont know exactly how much I will get in it but I am considering 6 for now )
English Language 4 ( I am considering on the lower side I may get 6 in IELTS )
French 0 ( Dont know French )
Children 8 ( 2 kids below 5 years of Age )
Spouse Age 3 ( 33 years )
Spouse Qualification 3 ( Masters of Business Administrator )
Area of Training 2 ( Worked in Administration & Accounts in past 5 years ) Considering Section C
Financial Sufficiancy - 1

Based on Above Calculation my points are 63 ( in case i score better in IELTS it will be 65 )

First of all I would like to know if my evaluation is correct or not ? if not then whats that correction.
Secondly in case this evaluation is right and I make 63 or 65 without French, is it possible for me to get waiver of intreview.
I will be very thankful if someone can guide me for this.

Regards
Sam

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
jazv4 said:
no, they didn't. That is actually the procedure my university has for certifying diplomas.
They just send me a form so i could request the certification and attach my method of payment. I returned the form and the copies to the registrar office and they processed everything. I guess they just went in the computer and verified that my degree was indeed valid and since that was the case, they embossed the copies with the university seal and signed as authentic copy.

Wasn't that expensive either, in my case $5 per copy. But that could be different in you university.

So talk to your registrar's office and I'm pretty sure they will help you out.
Well, that's the thing, I did talk to them and they said the only thing they can give me is a certificate of graduation. I told them about the need of certifying a copy of the diploma, but they've replied "certificate of graduation is an official document and as such it is considered a legal proof of your degree".

I am confused :/

hanaa7

Dec 22, 2010
Hi Experts,
Please help me to assess my qualifications if I can apply for a CSQ or No:
education: Accounting degree more than 9 years
Experience: more than 5 years as SAP System analyst( finance and control modules)
English: IELTS with 6 in both listen and speak
French: no
Spouse: education: Accounting and experience more than 5 years as IT system administrator and Age 33
children: two under 7 years

the problem: I know that my experience not related directly to my education but to workaround to that I got a document from my country syndicate of commerical professions that I am a member of IT and also got an HR letter from my company that I supporting finance and control depratement with support, is that entough to me to grant the bonus boints of accoutning or no.
please help me to apply or not to avoid loosing my money :(

Mikeljoel

Aug 18, 2012
Pls help me.. Wat will i do? I already send my documnts last july 11' i claimd points on french using the unofocial reusite from aliance francais.. But now, the offical result from france has arive. I am still waiting for my aor. Wat will i do? Should i send now my officail result of delf a2 to hongkong or just wait f they will ask for it? Pls help me.