14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Re: Point allocation

canadahelp7 said:
Stillhope,

If the current total point I score is not at the minimum level i.e 57 but I am working on improving it by learning french/ I need to reach B1 and havent given any exam for french yet . Do you reckon I should send the application along with a receipt from AF that I am learning & update the file as I clear each exam? U can send your application but just remember that u r not very shorts in points and u have to score required points before they start processing your application. If u unable to score required points, then they will reject your application without interview.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
novibrar said:
Hi, I am happy to see this forum very much active.
I live in Canada and now I am trying my best to get my friend here. I came here around say 4 months back. I can do anything possible from my side.

He is married and anyone of them can apply as primary applicant as per your suggestion

Details of my friend are as below:
Qualification: Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering
Experience: 4 Years
Experience Area: Computer software Testing (Information Technology)
English Level: Intermediate-Advance

His spouse details:
Qualification: Masters Degree in Computer Science
Experience: 3 Years
Experience Area: Computer software Testing (Information Technology)
English Level: Intermediate-Advance

We have searched for possible options and there are so many things in mind. One option came to us is to apply under Quebec Skilled worker. Kindly advice for few questions as below and any other additional information will be great.
First of all your friend wife is better option to apply instead of your friend
Secondly your friend and his wife have to clear atleast delf a1 exam

1. Is the occupation mentioned above is governed by a regulatory body? No
If yes, I heard there are some exams to get license. Are those exams are required for everyone coming to Quebec or only if you want to do a job which is regulated by government?
Is it possible if they apply and get into Quebec and start some other job which is not regulated and doesn't require license? yes
or anything else about this as this part is not clear at all..

2. They can take French classes before applying, is that good practice yes ? or just not required? they have to learn french otherwise they are not scoring enough points to apply

3. If they get visa and then PR and then move to other province in Canada after 2-3 months. Is that possible or they would have some restriction on moving. frankly speaking NO, atleast 3 years when they will get their passport

I greatly appreciate your time and response in advance. Thanks a lot..

novibrar

Oct 18, 2011
@STILLHOPE : Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry, I couldn't understand the answer to last query:

->If they get visa and then PR and then move to other province in Canada after 2-3 months. Is that possible or they would have some restriction on moving.frankly speaking NO, atleast 3 years when they will get their passport

Do you want to say that "NO, they will have no restriction on moving after couple of months". If they try to find job and couldn't get the best one there which they can get somewhere else.
Clearly, as I am in Alberta so I hope that I'll be able to help them getting good job here and at least will have accommodation.
OR
"No, they can't move until 3 years". If this is the case than what will restrict them as If they get PR than there are individual's freedom of living rights - by which they can find job elsewhere if they couldn't get in Quebec.
What I thought was that when they would get Visa than they will land in Quebec and PR card will be applied on airport at the time of landing. The PR card allows you to go anywhere in Canada. not so sure about it..

Further
From delf a1 exam: I understand that there is some exam for French like wise IELTS for English, please correct me if wrong.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
novibrar said:
@ STILLHOPE : Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry, I couldn't understand the answer to last query:

->If they get visa and then PR and then move to other province in Canada after 2-3 months. Is that possible or they would have some restriction on moving.frankly speaking NO, atleast 3 years when they will get their passport

They cant move any province until they get Canadian passport, to get canadian passport it will take 3 years. So atleast three years they have to stay in quebec and when u applying to quebec u have to sign the contract that u will stay in quebec if they move to other province then it means they are breaching the contract with quebec govt as a result they can cancel your PR

Do you want to say that "NO, they will have no restriction on moving after couple of months". If they try to find job and couldn't get the best one there which they can get somewhere else.
Clearly, as I am in Alberta so I hope that I'll be able to help them getting good job here and at least will have accommodation.then better try to help him to apply as a alberta provisional nominee prog
OR
"No, they can't move until 3 years". If this is the case than what will restrict them as If they get PR than there are individual's freedom of living rights - by which they can find job elsewhere if they couldn't get in Quebec.
What I thought was that when they would get Visa than they will land in Quebec and PR card will be applied on airport at the time of landing. The PR card allows you to go anywhere in Canada. not so sure about it..

Further
From delf a1 exam: I understand that there is some exam for French like wise IELTS for English, please correct me if wrong.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
novibrar said:
Further
TEF,TEFAQ, TCFQ,TCF are french exams like IELTS exam. If the person is in India then he / she can give only TEF exam coz it's the only one available in India. To appear for TEF exam, Please contact alliance francaise.

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
francaise said:
TEF,TEFAQ, TCFQ,TCF are french exams like IELTS exam. If the person is in India then he / she can give only TEF exam coz it's the only one available in India. To appear for TEF exam, Please contact alliance francaise.
Francaise ,

I was told by AF that they only have DELF exam in India - are you sure it is TEF ?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
canadahelp7 said:
Francaise ,
I was told by AF that they only have DELF exam in India - are you sure it is TEF ?
The DELF is conducted at all the Alliance Francaise centers.
The TEF is available, but conducted rarely and only at certain centers. Last one was a in Sep (i think) in Delhi.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadahelp7 said:
Francaise ,

Yes, it is tef. alliance francaise is located in different cities run independently. There are some specific dates for TEF exam. I don't know about all alliance francaise but yes, Chandigarh and delhi af conduct TEF. So ask them about next tef date and registration date.

XBOX7

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Hello,

My profile is almost as of Novibrar;s friend and I am too looking to apply under Quebec Skilled Worker. I am not clear with some of the answers given below. Here are my question:

After getting VISA and landing in Quebec, is it mandatory to live and work in Quebec only? if yes then for how long?

Are there any other restrictions also?

Are there any exams to qualify in Quebec for software professionals before they can apply for job in their own IT field? if yes than how many exams? And are those exams related to your work experience like Software Development/Software Testing or they are related to your education Highest degree like Bachelors in Computers/Electronics/Electrical. As some ppl have bachelors in Electrical or electronics but have work experience in Software/IT. Can that be a problem?

Thanks in Advance!

bads

Oct 19, 2011
Hi StillHope,

My brother with his wife and their baby will be applying under the skilled worker program.

Will the processing be much faster if submitted in the U.S. than in the Philippines?

They have no work offer nor sponsor. He's in IT and the wife is in Sales/Marketing.

Also, I saw some notes on the Quebec immigration website that says 'cap limit reached'.

Does this mean they will no longer be accepting applicants on those categories?

Thanks.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
bads said:
Hi StillHope,

My brother with his wife and their baby will be applying under the skilled worker program.

Will the processing be much faster if submitted in the U.S. than in the Philippines?

They have no work offer nor sponsor. He's in IT and the wife is in Sales/Marketing.

Also, I saw some notes on the Quebec immigration website that says 'cap limit reached'.

Does this mean they will no longer be accepting applicants on those categories?

Thanks.
hi bads,

please share with us the link from Quebec immigration website where it says 'cap limit reached' !!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
bads said:
Hi StillHope,

Will the processing be much faster if submitted in the U.S. than in the Philippines? US is little faster then HOnk Kong

Also, I saw some notes on the Quebec immigration website that says 'cap limit reached'. Not seen any where on the quebec website. i read that in future they are going to do caps but they just purpose still not implemented and if u have link so please share with us.

Does this mean they will no longer be accepting applicants on those categories? still they are accepting dont worry apply as soon as possible.

Thanks.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
XBOX7 said:
Hello,

My profile is almost as of Novibrar;s friend and I am too looking to apply under Quebec Skilled Worker. I am not clear with some of the answers given below. Here are my question:

After getting VISA and landing in Quebec, is it mandatory to live and work in Quebec only? if yes then for how long? atleast 3 years or until u get canadian passport after that u have right to move any where in canada if u have canadian passport

Are there any other restrictions also? NO

Are there any exams to qualify in Quebec for software professionals before they can apply for job in their own IT field? NO if yes than how many exams? And are those exams related to your work experience like Software Development/Software Testing or they are related to your education Highest degree like Bachelors in Computers/Electronics/Electrical. As some ppl have bachelors in Electrical or electronics but have work experience in Software/IT. Can that be a problem?
Thanks in Advance!