Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
Still hope and visa expert please help me.

IELTS speaking : 6 bands, listening : 8.5 bands. overall 7.5 bands.
French : A1is clear, A2 is given but not sure of result
Education : Bachelor in Engineering for Civil (4 years degree)
Work experience : 4.5 years

My wife profile:
Education : Bachelor in Engineering for Civil (4 years degree)
No French language proficiency.
No Work Experience.

No relative in Quebec. All the education is from India. No kids.
Please tell me whether we qualify for Quebec or not ?
If not, from which area we can / have to score points ?

A very very thanks to all.

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to immigrate through Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW). And just like in Federal SW programm there is a grid, based on which you will be assessed. As far as I understand, if I'm single - then i'm to be assessed based on 55pts grid, and with this grid I have enough points for immigration. But if I get married the grid switches to 63 pts, because my spouse will be included, and then we won't have enough points.

By claiming i'm married in application, and inputing all the nescessary information about spouse (not to mislead canadian officials), - can I still be assessed based on 55pts grid, since my wife WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANYING ME to Canada, and WILL NOT APPLY for neigher Quebec Selection Certificate, nor PR visa? I want to sponsor her, once I settle.

We, together as a family, do not have enough pts to suffice the requirements of the program. But me, alone, I do have a little more than enough points...

So the question is, whether (a) we should not marry now, I immigrate to Canada, then once I settle there, I come back to my homecountry, marry, and only then sponsor her to join me.

Or (b) we should marry now, I include her in my application, include all the nescessary information, and apply for PR visa only for myself, but not for her (then 55pts grid will be used to asses, since she is not getting PR visa?), then I immigrate, settle, and sponsor her as my wife?

Thank you guys for your help. >.<

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
Alugart said:
I want to immigrate through Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW). And just like in Federal SW programm there is a grid, based on which you will be assessed. As far as I understand, if I'm single - then i'm to be assessed based on 55pts grid, and with this grid I have enough points for immigration. But if I get married the grid switches to 63 pts, because my spouse will be included, and then we won't have enough points.

By claiming i'm married in application, and inputing all the nescessary information about spouse (not to mislead canadian officials), - can I still be assessed based on 55pts grid, since my wife WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANYING ME to Canada, and WILL NOT APPLY for neigher Quebec Selection Certificate, nor PR visa? I want to sponsor her, once I settle.

We, together as a family, do not have enough pts to suffice the requirements of the program. But me, alone, I do have a little more than enough points...

So the question is, whether (a) we should not marry now, I immigrate to Canada, then once I settle there, I come back to my homecountry, marry, and only then sponsor her to join me.

Or (b) we should marry now, I include her in my application, include all the nescessary information, and apply for PR visa only for myself, but not for her (then 55pts grid will be used to asses, since she is not getting PR visa?), then I immigrate, settle, and sponsor her as my wife?

Thank you guys for your help. >.<
If u r married u will be assesed with 63 points nevermind u r taking your wife with u or not . If u r unmarried then u will be assessed with 55points. To get marry now or later is your choice, but they assess your application with your current situation.

Thanks

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
aabbhhii said:
Hello All,
Still hope and visa expert please help me.

IELTS speaking : 6 bands, listening : 8.5 bands. overall 7.5 bands. 5 now but u can claim 6 points for your english
French : A1is clear, A2 is given but not sure of result 2
Education : Bachelor in Engineering for Civil (4 years degree) 10 + 6
Work experience : 4.5 years 8

My wife profile:
Education : Bachelor in Engineering for Civil (4 years degree) 3 + 2
No French language proficiency.
No Work Experience.

No relative in Quebec. All the education is from India. No kids.
Please tell me whether we qualify for Quebec or not ?
If not, from which area we can / have to score points ? you can score your points only in your french

You need 57 to get interview and u r scoring 55 at this stage so better send your application now and try to clear delf a2 and help your wife to clear atleast delf a1 which make your application more stronger.

hope this help u.

goodluck
A very very thanks to all.

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambi1775

Thank you very much for your answer, I appreciate it!

If u r married u will be assesed with 63 points nevermind u r taking your wife with u or not . If u r unmarried then u will be assessed with 55points. To get marry now or later is your choice, but they assess your application with your current situation.
Anyone else thinks that this is how it works? Any thoughts? :)

Just trying to get some opinions.

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@ alugart

Ambi1775 is right. That's exactly how it works. If you're not qualified for QSW as a married applicant I suggest you apply first as a single applicant. Land in Quebec then go back home and marry your girlfriend and then sponsor her to join you in Quebec. You should also note that it is not necessary to score the 63 right away. You can can be awarded up to six points during the interview for you to be able to qualify as a QSW. For first hand information on how to migrate to Quebec go to the Immigration Quebec website and read all the details. Good luck!

Aug 7, 2011
My wife as a principal applicant applied for QSC from India and I am in the process of getting a work permit from a state other than Quebec. Suppose we go to Canada on workpermit, will our application for QSC be affected or can I apply for general Skilled Worker Progaram based on my workpermit.

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANK YOU very much STILL HOPE.
Suppose I clear DELF A2 and we got points greater than 57 but If my wife does not take french, what can be its impact on our application ?

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ solokru

Thank you very much for your reply.

Now i have another direction to dig. But it will be an offtopic if i post here, gotta find the corresponding section of the forum.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
aabbhhii said:
THANK YOU very much STILL HOPE.
Suppose I clear DELF A2 and we got points greater than 57 but If my wife does not take french, what can be its impact on our application ?

yes it is fine but i m saying so that your wife can clear delf a1 because immigration people feels that you are really serious to learn french and to settle down in quebec.

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much still hope. ..
You are really a champion member. ..

blackcap99

Sep 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello StillHope

Can you please evaluate my case.

1- Qualification (B.Sc. Civil Engineering)
2- Area of Training (Section C)
3- Experience (4.5 Years)
4- Age (30 Years)
5- English Language (IELTS Speaking 6.5 & Listening 6.5)
6- French Language (Delf A1)
7- Financials (CAN $ 4,160)
8- Adaptability (Interview)
9- Spouse Age (26 Years)
10- Spouse Qualifications (Bachelor of Computer Arts 4 years passed in 2008)
11- Spouse French Language (Nil)

Please calculate our points and please give your recommendations regarding our case. I shall be very thankful to you for this act of kindness.

Regards,
Rizwan Ali

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackcap99 said:
Hello StillHope

Can you please evaluate my case.

1- Qualification (B.Sc. Civil Engineering) 10
2- Area of Training (Section C) 6
3- Experience (4.5 Years) 8
4- Age (30 Years) 16
5- English Language (IELTS Speaking 6.5 & Listening 6.5) 4
6- French Language (Delf A1) 2
7- Financials (CAN $ 4,160) 1
8- Adaptability (Interview)
9- Spouse Age (26 Years) 3
10- Spouse Qualifications (Bachelor of Computer Arts 4 years passed in 2008) 5
11- Spouse French Language (Nil)

These are points. You have to pass delf A2 also.

Please calculate our points and please give your recommendations regarding our case. I shall be very thankful to you for this act of kindness.

Regards,
Rizwan Ali

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct me STILL HOPE on assessment of blackcap99 if I am wrong.
Just tried to help him