Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atteeq said:
hi....is french is must for qubec immigration or ielts is enough? how many points required total for immigration.thanks.

is french is must for qubec immigration
NO

or ielts is enough?
YES

how many points required total for immigration.
Please refer below link for details
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

blocker

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
respected sir thanx for sharing your knowledge \

i have already applied in nov 2010

qualification- Bachelors of chemical engg.
exp.- 4 years
french - delf a2
ielts- no
age- 28 yrs

how much points i get plz share....and wat is dcs- chemical because it has 12 points for area of tranning.

chanis

Jan 30, 2011
visaexpert said:

What is your major in Bachelor and Master degree. Area of training points are awarded based on your education, not your work experience or occupation title.

Points Factor

12 Points Study: Masters
12 Points Areas of training: Insurance and Financial Advisory(job in lower management- Insurance)
06 Points Experience : 2 years
16 Points Age : 28 years
06 Points Language: Ielts Speaking : 7 bands Listening: 8 bands
00 Points French Language
01 Points Financial Sufficiency: Sufficient
0 to 6 Points for Adaptability
---------------------------------
53 without Adaptability
59 with Adaptability Points

Passing score is 55 and you are scoring 53, so you will not get direct CSQ. They will take your interview and decide later how much points to award you for adaptability points. It may be 0 or may be 6.

You may get interview date at the end of this year, about November-December 2011. You have enough time to learn french language. French Level A1 takes 2 months and A2 takes another 2 month to complete. I advice you to pass Level A1 and submit to Quebec Visa office, this way You may get direct CSQ without any interview.

If you have some french language and have not taken any french exam, they will award you some points for french at the time of interview. During interview, they will decide how much point to award for Adaptability factor our of 6 points and how much points to award for french language factor our of 16.

Hope you understand.......
yes sir,,

I totally understand,, first of all thanks for your kind advise and the understanding u give. I am so obliged. thanks a lot sir. By the way my major in my Masters was marketing. how will it do? am i on the right way??

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chanis said:
yes sir,,

I totally understand,, first of all thanks for your kind advise and the understanding u give. I am so obliged. thanks a lot sir. By the way my major in my Masters was marketing. how will it do? am i on the right way??
I have some confusion about your area of training points.

Please write your bachelor degree full name with major and course duration and
write your Master degree full name with major and course duration

We will see how much points you will get for area of training.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blocker said:
respected sir thanx for sharing your knowledge \

i have already applied in nov 2010

qualification- Bachelors of chemical engg.
exp.- 4 years
french - delf a2
ielts- no
age- 28 yrs

how much points i get plz share....and wat is dcs- chemical because it has 12 points for area of tranning.
08 Points Education: Schooling
06 Points Education: Area of Training
08 Points Work Experience
16 Points Age
00 Points English Language
06 Points French Language
01 Points Financial Support
06 Points Adaptability

Count points your self.
Minimum passing score is 55.
take IELTS exam to score English language points.

Chemical area is mention in following sections

SECTION B –Principal applicant: 12 points
Chemical Engineering Techniques (DCS - 3 years)
Chemical Process Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

SECTION C – Principal applicant: 6 points
Chemical Engineering (Bach. - 4 years)

You have 4 years of University degree in Chemical Engineering so you are in section C. You will get 8 points for Schooling and 6 points for Area of training.

Chemical Engineering Techniques (DCS - 3 years) and Chemical Process Techniques (DCS - 3 years) are 3 years college diploma of chemical engineering and They are in Section B.

jackrim

Feb 8, 2011
Hi,

I m applying for Quebec business pr i m applying with my spouse and two children. my credentials are as under.

Education: Bachelor of commerce. ( 3 yrs full time. major Accountancy.)

Work experience: 7 yrs (Business)

Language: Ielts Speaking (5.5) Listening (5)

Financial self suff.: Enough

Spouse:

Education: B.A.(major literature- Vernacular language. Full time 3 yrs )

Work Exp.: No

language: ielts Listening (5) Speaking (4.5)

We have 2 children ageing below 7 yrs. I dnt know french.

kindly help me understand how can i claim points for Quebec business pr.

thanks

Jackrim

chanis

Jan 30, 2011
visaexpert said:

I have completed my B.com.(3 yrs, full time) with accountancy and Master of Business Economics (2 yrs, full time) With marketing and export Import, i have studied Insurance also, but it was not the main subject.

kindly help.

pgt

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
STILLHOPE said:
hello

you can check your points as below

speaking bands Listening bands Points attribute
7 + 6.5 + 3
4-6 3.5-6 2
1-3 0.5-3 1

and you can check on the site link below on page 40

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

thanks

Thanks, however, this document is in french, is it available in english? If you can find, it would be of great help to all of us...

blocker

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
thanx for reply sir . i also want to discuss after higher secondry i have diploma in mechanical of 2 yrs but equivalent to 3 years. then after that my bachelors of chemical duration three yrs equivalent to 4 yrs. and sir i send proof given by my college that language of medium is english. whether they will ask for ielts and mechanical diploma means no. of yrs will they count.or will i score only 8 in schooling. because my total yrs of study become 15 yrs or if they count equivalancy then it becomes 17 yrs.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
No they won't ask for IELTS

kcharito

Feb 12, 2011
Athens, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris / Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-03-2011 (Paris AOR) / 28-02-2012 (CIO AOR)
File Transfer...
01/02/2012
Interview........
22-11-2011
Dear all,
I am one of the many people who try to immigrate to Canada.
I am Greek, living in Athens, Greece.
I've already applied for the PR Visa via the QSW program. My file is in the immigration office in Paris, since Thursday, 9th of February 2011.
I'm waiting for the AOR.
I found this forum today, and i realised that it is so helpful.
Before asking my query, i would like to say that i am getting help from the David Cohen Law firm, and I am very satisfied.
But i realize that if you search more, you get more clarifications.
So, here is my query:
By reading the posts of this topic, i realised that French is not obligatory for the QSW program, but if you have a degree, then it speeds up the procedure from one year to 4 months, and you dont get any interview.
I also read that if you have a good score, then u may not get called for an interview.

I would like to tell you my situation, and ask you, from your experience, about the time of my application process, and about the chance of getting an interview or not.
I am 32 years old.
I finished Computing and Information Systems, 4-year degree (3 years academic, 1 year industrial placement) at the University of Bradford, UK. (BSc Honours Degree)
I am working since 2001 (my graduation year) as a Software Engineer, Project Manager, and for the last 4 years as a Computer Support Consultant.
My level of English is excellent (except from my University degree, I have also the First Certificate in English as a foreign language from the University of Cambridge, since 1993)
My level of French is intermediate. I was having lessons at my high school years, (6 years) and I’ve attended to private lessons. I started again now. I don’t have any degree.
My wife is 27, she has finished Sociology (4-year all academic) in Athens, and she is finishing her Master’s Degree at Health Education and Promotion (she finished the exams, she has to give her final dissertation in June). And she has also music degrees (piano etc)
She is working as a Sociologist since November 2010, and before that she was a administrative assistant at her firm (Mental Health Organisation). In parallel, she is a music tutor.
She knows English Fluently (she has Proficiency in English certificate, from the Uni of Michigan, and the first certificate from Cambridge), she knows Italian, but no French. Only basic phrases.
Do you believe that we will be asked for interview, so the process will last for about 1 year?
Do you beieve that we have the qualifications to get a PR card?
Thank you in Advance
Dinos.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
Yeah you have a good chance of being selected ...

But interview? I am doubtful about waiver of interview,chances of being called for interview in your case is high as simply writing that you know french doesn't satisfy them so you would better appear in french language proficiency tests in order to assure them that you know what you claim. At least you should obtain B1. Waiver of interview is also possible if your area of training falls under proffered training area unfortunately yours doesn't. But the final decision lays in their hands.

This is as per my experience and what I have seen in cases of others.
Good luck.

chanis

Jan 30, 2011
visaexpert said:

hi sir,,

its been too long to hear anything from u, as u have asked i hv already written my major in the studies,, kindly answer and help,,. .

thanks

Chanis

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please don't go for Quebec immigration if you don't know French. It's very hard to survive without French in Quebec because 80% peoples speak French language . Don't take it as a window to enter Canada. Now, Quebec government is very strict, if somebody moves to other province by using Quebec immigration, the person might be deported. So be careful.

kcharito

Feb 12, 2011
Athens, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris / Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-03-2011 (Paris AOR) / 28-02-2012 (CIO AOR)
File Transfer...
01/02/2012
Interview........
22-11-2011
francaise said:
Please don't go for Quebec immigration if you don't know French. It's very hard to survive without French in Quebec because 80% peoples speak French language . Don't take it as a window to enter Canada. Now, Quebec government is very strict, if somebody moves to other province by using Quebec immigration, the person might be deported. So be careful.
I want to immigrate to Canada. Wherever this could be. Right now the Information Technology profession is a proffesion that the Quebec goverment takes immigrants. So I am applying through QSW.
My intention is to live in Montreal.
If im approved and i cannot find a job there, then i will search for other provinces. Only then I will look for other provinces. Someone can call it "window", someone else "common sense". I hope and i believe that i would not have problem proving that i am going to stay at Quebec.
Of course this is sth that will happen after many months (the interview and the possible acceptance), so right now i am just waiting, and improving my french...