Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
1) Please let me know whether I should go from federal or from Quebec.
since you mentioned you're already in quebec, the QSW makes more sense.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/index.html

2) I heard that there will be no interviews from now. All that matters is points
for QSW ? unlikely to be true. where did you hear this from ? :)
3) Going from federal is easy or from Quebec
fed - does your profession fall in the current shorlist of NOCs ? fed is more strict now.
qsw takes more time. but you have an adv since ur already there. its a lot faster than other BIQs.

4) I have 5.5 years of experience outside Canada. Is it mandatory to have experience in Canada if I want to apply in federal
there is a stream called the CEC { canadian experience class } for those who're already in can and have 2 yrs of exp. chk that out also. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

Angadp said:
I am new to Quebec. I came here on WP to work. I want to apply for PR. I am planning to appear for IELTS exam.
I don't know french.
I do not have arranged employment.
you're already working in quebec right ? so when you apply for teh CSQ, it will be treated as having employment / arranged empl. you get points for it. more if its outside montreal. http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-employment.html
I get 76 points in Federal point calculator if I pass my exam with high proficiency in IELTS.

Please answer my below doubts:
2) I heard that there will be no interviews from now. All that matters is points
4) I have 5.5 years of experience outside Canada. Is it mandatory to have experience in Canada if I want to apply in federal

I request to senior members, please respond back fast, it will help me taking decisions quickly.

naveedkhan

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Friends,

Please can some one calculate my points for QSW program.

Degree: Bachelors in Computer Science (4 years degree; 16 years of full time education)
Work Experience: 3.7 years (NOC:1122, Professional occupations in business management consulting) and 1.6 years (Computer Auditor) - Total: 5.3 years
IELTS: S=7.5, L=6.5, W=7, R=6.5 - Avg:7
French: completed A2.1 - planning to give DELF A1 and DELF A2

Regards,

Naveed

Angadp

Apr 28, 2012
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Please find my doubts inline.

vibez_well said:
since you mentioned you're already in quebec, the QSW makes more sense.
<AngadP> I agree if I am working in quebec I should go from Qubec. But I possess no knowledge in french and if i go for beginner level certification it will take around 2 months to get that. For IELTS I am planning to appear next month.

for QSW ? unlikely to be true. where did you hear this from ? :)
<AngadP> My colleagues informed me that as from last few months one must submit french and IELTS certificate so there is no interview. Please confirm.

fed - does your profession fall in the current shorlist of NOCs ? fed is more strict now.
qsw takes more time. but you have an adv since ur already there. its a lot faster than other BIQs.

<AngadP> What is BIQ. Also if i obtain good and i IELTS i will have 72 points in federal and there is no requirement for french exam.
I am IT engineer with 5.5 years of experience. Please confirm that I fall or not in skilled worked category

there is a stream called the CEC { canadian experience class } for those who're already in can and have 2 yrs of exp. chk that out also.
<AngadP> Is is necessary for me to go through CEC. As I don't have 2 years of experience.

Looking forward towards your help.

sowmyaR

Apr 30, 2012
Hi,

Please check if i qualify for QSW PR visa. I went to consulatant and they advice me that i do not qualify since my Area of Training is not in list. Could you please comment on this?

Age - 31
Education - B.E in Instrumentation Technology, VTU, Bangalore
Work Experience - 9 Years, Application lead
French - Planning for A1
English - Advanced
Spouse Details:
Age - 34
Education - BSC in MES
Work Exp - 11 years, Project Manager, IT
French - no
English - Advanced

Also, i heard as per new rules, min stay in quebec after PR is 30 days and after that we can move to anypart of canada and work.

Thanks in advance
SR

sherzamin

Apr 24, 2012
hi seniors,
can u give me some information for QIS ?that what education is required for a skill worker?plzzz
your replies will be highly be appreciated.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Angadp said:
1)<AngadP> I agree if I am working in quebec I should go from Qubec. But I possess no knowledge in french and if i go for beginner level certification it will take around 2 months to get that. For IELTS I am planning to appear next month.
2)<AngadP> My colleagues informed me that as from last few months one must submit french and IELTS certificate so there is no interview. Please confirm.
3)<AngadP> What is BIQ. Also if i obtain good and i IELTS i will have 72 points in federal and there is no requirement for french exam.
I am IT engineer with 5.5 years of experience. Please confirm that I fall or not in skilled worked category
4)<AngadP> Is is necessary for me to go through CEC. As I don't have 2 years of experience.
1. in your case, your lack of french can be made up with the points that you score with arranged empl & visit to quebec. Plus you should take up french immediately. you can choose to apply now declaring 0 french and learn french asap and floor the interviewer with your french later ! (will help get max points for adaptability) and yes it is possible to learn basic french on your own. there are many excellent audio courses available. plus main adv is that you're in quebec now. utilise your colleagues - spk to them in french. get a quebecoise girlfriend ;)
2. ask those very colleagues to show that on paper/website. then believe it. it is mandatory to include scoresheets for language points. but no guarantee for avoiding the interview. that depends on luck. most non-francophones get interviewed.
3. Bureau d'Immigration du Québec. www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca
IT ? sorry, not eligible to apply. :( they prefer these http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list
4. CEC requires 2 yrs of fulltime canadian workex is what i heard last. pls confirm on the site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
I agree, the new rules say they won't receive any applications if your area of training does not give you any points, it'd be a waste of money since application fees are non refundable.

sowmyaR said:
Hi,

Please check if i qualify for QSW PR visa. I went to consulatant and they advice me that i do not qualify since my Area of Training is not in list. Could you please comment on this?

Age - 31
Education - B.E in Instrumentation Technology, VTU, Bangalore
Work Experience - 9 Years, Application lead
French - Planning for A1
English - Advanced
Spouse Details:
Age - 34
Education - BSC in MES
Work Exp - 11 years, Project Manager, IT
French - no
English - Advanced

Also, i heard as per new rules, min stay in quebec after PR is 30 days and after that we can move to anypart of canada and work.

Thanks in advance
SR

ahir

May 2, 2012
visaexpert said:
Quebec Immigration - Language Proficiency

The Language Proficiency criterion for English and French is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec Immigration selection system.

Up to 22 points are awarded under the Language Proficiency criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

French Language

French Proficiency Low Beginner High Beginner Low Intermediate High Intermediate Advanced

Listening 1 point 3 points 4 points 6 points 8 points
Speaking 1 point 3 points 4 points 6 points 8 points

Maximum 16 points

English Language

English Proficiency Beginner Intermediate Advanced

Listening 1 point 2 points 3 points
Speaking 1 point 2 points 3 points

Maximum 6 points

French Language Proficiency:

BEGINNER LEVELS:

LOW Beginner -

* Listening: Able to understand short statements (commonly used phrases);
* Speaking: Able to express basic needs.

HIGH Beginner -

* Listening: Able to understand practical information of everyday life;
* Speaking: Able to make yourself understood in familiar and foreseeable situations.

INTERMEDIATE LEVELS:

LOW Intermediate -

* Listening: Able to understand significant information about familiar and foreseeable situations;
* Speaking: Able to express yourself in a comprehensible manner on subjects related to everyday life.

HIGH Intermediate -

* Listening: Understand detailed information about subjects you are familiar with, or concrete and abstract subjects;
* Speaking: Can clearly express yourself on subjects related to your areas of interest.

ADVANCED LEVEL:

Advanced -

* Listening: Understand detailed information related to social and professional life;
* Speaking: Can confidently and precisely express yourself on a variety of subjects.
respected sir
I got 59 points together with my spouse, here we are not claiming the points for french language, however we had enrolled in french classes, so is there any issue about my points, please help me

ahir

May 2, 2012
javeedislam said:
You have to certified all photocopies of your documents from oath commissioner / notary public.
I hope this information will be beneficial for you.
you should take photocopies and certified from notary public

can_am

Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

This is a great forum and I have learnt a lot with people's experience and answers here. I would appreciate if you guys can help me answer some of the following questions:

1. I filed my application for QSW in Oct'2011 (AOR received). I would appreciate if someone can confirm that my application qualifies with min points needed. Below are my details:

a. B.Tech - IT: 4yrs (India)
b. MS - Information Studies: 2 yrs (US)
c. Business Analyst: 5 yrs in US
d. Age: 29
e. English skills: IELTS - L: 8, R: 8.5, W: 8, S: 8.5, Overall: 8.5
f. Spouse : B.Sc, M.Sc (India) and MBA from US
g. Spouse Age: 29
h. Spouse experience: 1+ yr as Business Analyst
i. IELTS: Overall - 7.5
j. Financially Self Sufficient

2. My spouse and I recently started learning French from Alliance Francaise together for our interest. We do not plan to give any tests so far but should we send this information to QSW or is it ok to talk about it during the interview? I can send the enrollment letter right now if that would help our case but is French required if I qualify with minimum points?

3. If experts think it would help my case then should I send my French class enrollment letter along with the 'Change form' provided on Quebec Immigration website (see link below) or just a simple letter stating my enrollment (+ proof as attachments) is good enough.

Link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/index.html

Thanks for your help in advance.

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
Salut a touts! j'espere vous etes touts bon :)

i have a question. As i've calculated/ assessed my self, i got 56 points already. Is there possibility that i will be rejected on my interview? because I only know basic French and did not take any French exam :( please enlighten me. Merci :(

May 2, 2012
Hi Friends/Salut les amis,

I am from India and planning to apply for Quebec Immigration program and intend to stay in Quebec.

Could you help me with my eligibility and point calculation.

Education-I am Bachelor of Commerce-I am also joining Diploma in banking finance management distance course which is of one year from Nursee Munjee Institute of management.-Will I get points for this distance course If I complete before preliminary evaluation

Age-27

Ielts-6.5 both listening and speaking

Work Experience-More than 6 yrs of experience in Multinational Financial Institution(Major functions worked in Sales & Operations)

French-TCF-level achieved B1 in Expression & comprehension orale

Funds-I will meet the requirements

Marital status-Single

Merci en avance/thanks in advance :D

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
quebec2011 said:
I have DELF b1 my friend and there is nothing like french improvement, they haven't considered some of the points that is the reason for my rejection.

Age 16/16 - correct
Qualification 6/12 bachelor of business management - correct
Area of training 0/16 - May be experience in different domain or BBM is completed after 15 years of full time study or it can be more than 5 years before.- Points 6 ( assumed by Quebec 2011)
Experience 4/8 I have more than 3 years of experience - maybe Experience is taken as part time.. less than 35 hours of booking per week.- Points 6 (assumed by quenbec2011)
french 7/16 I have Delf b1 - Correct - points 12 ( assumed by quebec2011)
English 6/6 - Correct ( Based on test results or based previous degree course or job in English.?)
Wife's age 3/3 - Correct
Wife's Qualification 0/3 - Not sure :eek:, Only Possible if she has passed secondary examination
wife's area of training 0 - Based on the Qualification decision
French 2/6 - Correct
financial self sufficiency 1/1 - Correct

Good luck everyone
if quebec2011 post detail data, it can be understood. based on this data.. I have assumed many things.

shimpy

Apr 28, 2012
abhisri200k said:
Based on your details you are 2 points short:

Points For >> Points Eared >> (Remarks/Suggestion If any)
=============================================================================================================
Your Education Points >> 10
Your Area of Training Points >> 12
Your Quebec Employment offer Points >> 0 >> (You can earn upto 10 points by getting a job offer from a Quebec Employer)
Your Work Experience Points >> 4
Your Age Points >> 16
Your French Listening Points >> 0 >> (You can earn Upto 8 Points for French Listening Try to prepare for French A1 Level which will give you 1 Point)
Your French Speaking Points >> 0 >> (You can earn Upto 8 Points for French Speaking Try to prepare for French A1 Level which will give you 1 Point)
Your English Listening Points >> 2
Your English Speaking Points >> 2
Your Lived/Stayed in Quebec Points >> 0
Your Family in Quebec Points >> 0
As you are not Married, Spouse Characteristics Points is Not Applicable for you.
As you have no child, you cannot claim points for the same.
Financial Self-sufficiency Points >> 1
Total Points >> 47

• A Single applicant must score at least 49 points.
  • Up to an additional 6 points may be awarded upon the interview for Adaptability. With these points awarded, a Single applicant must score a minimum of 55 points.
thank you so much for your reply. i want to ask one thing more. i m working as a clinical instructor in a nursing college . will that experience be accepted for quebec ?

canadaforgood

Aug 19, 2011
Kindly any expert in the forum calculate the points that I will get

Education - MBA
Area of training - My degree is 2 years Masters in Business Administration + Vocational one year Diploma
Experience - more than 5 years ( Approximately 10 years in the same feild of study)
Age - 33 years
Fund - Meet the requirments
IELTS - More than 6.5 for all and over rall of 7.0
French - Delf 2

wife age 33 years

No accomapaning childern

Thanks and Advance .......