+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec immigration - Rejection for failure to provide the required documents

hamidk50

May 25, 2014
Dear All,

I had been requested to provide some additional documentation within 90 days by Quebec immigration office. I have provided all the requested documents within the specified timeline but they have sent me an email stating that my application has been rejected due to the following:

"You have not provided all the required documents Or in the required format. Accordingly, we reject your request A selection certificate, as required by the Act respecting immigration to Québec."

They have attached a .pdf that shows one of the provided documents i.e. the proof of social security contributions, has not been in the requested format. There is no more details about it.

I would like to know:

1. how I can submit an appeal and keep my file open so I can provide the document again.
2. If anyone knows what they are referring to by "required format" ? I have read all the documentation within their web site and all I could find about the format was about the documents verifications. Are they referring to that ?

Please help.

Thanks

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
hamidk50 said:
Dear All,

I had been requested to provide some additional documentation within 90 days by Quebec immigration office. I have provided all the requested documents within the specified timeline but they have sent me an email stating that my application has been rejected due to the following:

"You have not provided all the required documents Or in the required format. Accordingly, we reject your request A selection certificate, as required by the Act respecting immigration to Québec."

They have attached a .pdf that shows one of the provided documents i.e. the proof of social security contributions, has not been in the requested format. There is no more details about it.

I would like to know:

1. how I can submit an appeal and keep my file open so I can provide the document again.
2. If anyone knows what they are referring to by "required format" ? I have read all the documentation within their web site and all I could find about the format was about the documents verifications. Are they referring to that ?

Please help.

Thanks
Hello,

I have been rejected last week, after 15 months!! for the same reason!! The problem was not providing the proof of social security contributions for my husband's work experience!! Which has zero points in CSQ!! It's the strangest part! Being rejected for a zero point reason!
I spoke with an adviser, he told me that there is nothing to do with a rejected decision. Are you student? Do you still have lots of time until finishing your studies? Maybe PEQ can be a better solution.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
ZPTH said:
Hello,

I have been rejected last week, after 15 months!! for the same reason!! The problem was not providing the proof of social security contributions for my husband's work experience!! Which has zero points in CSQ!! It's the strangest part! Being rejected for a zero point reason!
I spoke with an adviser, he told me that there is nothing to do with a rejected decision. Are you student? Do you still have lots of time until finishing your studies? Maybe PEQ can be a better solution.
Hi,

I am dependent applicant under QSW . I have not provided proof of social security contribution as well since it does not fetch any points but I submitted just experience letter. Will they demand proof of social security contribution from me too. For your information,our application was dispatched on 08/08/2013 from Nepal.

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Subash said:
Hi,

I am dependent applicant under QSW . I have not provided proof of social security contribution as well since it does not fetch any points but I submitted just experience letter. Will they demand proof of social security contribution from me too. For your information,our application was dispatched on 08/08/2013 from Nepal.
I made the same mistake! It depends on the officer. Did they ask you for updating the documents?

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
ZPTH said:
I made the same mistake! It depends on the officer. Did they ask you for updating the documents?
No, I am not asked yet for any updates. If they ask for the same what other options should I follow if unable to provide the requested documents?

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Subash said:
No, I am not asked yet for any updates. If they ask for the same what other options should I follow if unable to provide the requested documents?
The problem is that they never ask you to provide this document. They ask you to update all job experiences!! So, on that time provide them all the Job experiences that you already mentioned when you applied with their social security contribution proof!!

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
ZPTH said:
The problem is that they never ask you to provide this document. They ask you to update all job experiences!! So, on that time provide them all the Job experiences that you already mentioned when you applied with their social security contribution proof!!
You mean, I have to provide everything related to my experience when I am requested to update ...right..? May I ask you again,how long it will take you to get request from them to update further documents from the date of initial application submission?

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Subash said:
You mean, I have to provide everything related to my experience when I am requested to update ...right..? May I ask you again,how long it will take you to get request from them to update further documents from the date of initial application submission?
Yes. you should provide them everything.

after around 15 months they asked us to update everything. and when I provided them every documents except the social security contribution letter for my spouse's work experience, they rejected us after 2 weeks!!

The only thing that I am searching now, is that if we can apply for PEQ with my husband as the principal applicant or no!

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
ZPTH said:
Yes. you should provide them everything.

after around 15 months they asked us to update everything. and when I provided them every documents except the social security contribution letter for my spouse's work experience, they rejected us after 2 weeks!!

The only thing that I am searching now, is that if we can apply for PEQ with my husband as the principal applicant or no!
What occupation do you and your spouse have? Do you both have Quebec work experience?

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Subash said:
What occupation do you and your spouse have? Are you both have Quebec work experience?
We are both students. But he will finish his studies in the next 2 months. He is doing his master all in french. so he doesn't need to provide the french exam. The only thing that I wanna be sure is that if he can be the main applicant or no.
At the beginning, he accompanied me as a visitor during my studies. After 4 months, he started his studies as a master student. I don't know what is the relation between the first entry and applying for the immigration but a person told me there maybe a relation between our first entry in Canada, and applying for immigration as the principal applicant! (That person is an adviser in university in order to help foreign students in Immigration process!! He wasn't sure at all. He told me maybe it's important!)

He told me I am the only person that can be as the main applicant because when we came in Canada, I was student and he was the person who accompanied me!! But based on what I know, the PEQ will be for each person who has a Canadian certificate, especially from Quebec.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
ZPTH said:
We are both students. But he will finish his studies in the next 2 months. He is doing his master all in french. so he doesn't need to provide the french exam. The only thing that I wanna be sure is that if he can be the main applicant or no.
At the beginning, he accompanied me as a visitor during my studies. After 4 months, he started his studies as a master student. I don't know what is the relation between the first entry and applying for the immigration but a person told me there maybe a relation between our first entry in Canada, and applying for immigration as the principal applicant! (That person is an adviser in university in order to help foreign students in Immigration process!! He wasn't sure at all. He told me maybe it's important!)

He told me I am the only person that can be as the main applicant because when we came in Canada, I was student and he was the person who accompanied me!! But based on what I know, the PEQ will be for each person who has a Canadian certificate, especially from Quebec.
I think your husband can be a principle applicant if he is able to provide entire documents as per their requirement. There should not be any problem for people who is residing legally in Quebec and they have nowhere mentioned that visitor or student in Quebec can not apply as a principle applicant. The important matter is that you must be able to provide the reason for rejection on your new application since you both need to disclose this information on the 'Application for Selection Certificate form'. I have seen some cases who applied earlier as a PA became Dependent later on to get the required selection points. Again, I am sure that it is not mandatory to apply as a PA should be a person who entered to Quebec first. This is completely irrelevant .

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Subash said:
I think your husband can be a principle applicant if he is able to provide entire documents as per their requirement. There should not be any problem for people who is residing legally in Quebec and they have nowhere mentioned that visitor or student in Quebec can not apply as a principle applicant. The important matter is that you must be able to provide the reason for rejection on your new application since you both need to disclose this information on the 'Application for Selection Certificate form'. I have seen some cases who applied earlier as a PA became Dependent later on to get the required selection points. Again, I am sure that it is not mandatory to apply as a PA should be a person who entered to Quebec first. This is completely irrelevant .
Thanks for your response. Since the PEQ is another program, and it's the first time we apply for this program they won't ask us the reasons for rejection.
There is only one section in PEQ form that they ask if we already applied for the CSQ or no. if yes when and in which office:

"Avez-vous déjà présenté une demande de CSQ en vue de la résidence permanente ? Oui Non
Si oui, à quel moment ?
Année Mois Jour À quel bureau d’Immigration-Québec ?"

It was me who applied for the CSQ as the PA, not my husband, do we need to answer yes?

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
ZPTH said:
Thanks for your response. Since the PEQ is another program, and it's the first time we apply for this program they won't ask us the reasons for rejection.
There is only one section in PEQ form that they ask if we already applied for the CSQ or no. if yes when and in which office:

"Avez-vous déjà présenté une demande de CSQ en vue de la résidence permanente ? Oui Non
Si oui, à quel moment ?
Année Mois Jour À quel bureau d'Immigration-Québec ?"

It was me who applied for the CSQ as the PA, not my husband, do we need to answer yes?
If this form has to be filled up only by PA this information is not necessary but if both of you have to fill it up then it's mandatory.

ZPTH

May 24, 2014
Subash said:
If this form has to be filled up only by PA this information is not necessary but if both of you have to fill it up then it's mandatory.
Yes the form needs to be filled only by the PA. There is only a Declaration part for the spouse that needs to be signed by me.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
ZPTH said:
Yes the form needs to be filled only by the PA. There is only a Declaration part for the spouse that needs to be signed by me.
If this is the case ,file your application asap. Hopefully you guys will make it at this attempt.