NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hi bluerobin..

Again good post..i think you are okay if you know some level of french for interview..and atleast intermediate when you reach quebec... and once your there..you should try to learn and expertise... i think both you and MTLGUY have made valid points

Regards,\
Shahi

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
god0fwar said:
i've taken the online assessment in the quebec official site for immigration.

i'm an electronics engineer with >8years industry experience.

my English is very good (i'm from the Philippines where we have English as our second official language).

however, no french ability at all! and that's the reason i'm failing even just the online assessment (it needs to be at least intermediate level)

i started to take online (those free ones) french lessons, and also planning to take french classes. i'd like to immigrate to quebec especially my job is not in the 38 skilled jobs where i could apply to the fed gov't directly. also, i find the french language really interesting to learn (not only it is appealing and romantic to hear :) )

hopefully i could get to a good level of french in a year time and get a french ability certification.

Hi.. I am from the Philippines too. I am studying french at the moment. I started October of last year and now I am in my level 4. I think you can do it within a year. Bonne Chance! (good luck!)

god0fwar

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
zsashimi said:
Hi.. I am from the Philippines too. I am studying french at the moment. I started October of last year and now I am in my level 4. I think you can do it within a year. Bonne Chance! (good luck!)

hi thanks for the encouragement!

i'm planning to enroll in Alliance Francaise in Makati, the next class would start this August. for starters, i'm planning to take the saturday extensive class (24-hr session), then continue on from there.

where did you take classes by the way, have you taken certification exams (DELF, DALF, etc...)

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
god0fwar said:
hi thanks for the encouragement!

i'm planning to enroll in Alliance Francaise in Makati, the next class would start this August. for starters, i'm planning to take the saturday extensive class (24-hr session), then continue on from there.

where did you take classes by the way, have you taken certification exams (DELF, DALF, etc...)

I am taking Saturday class in Alliance Francaise.. I took the afternoon session. Havent taken the DELF exam yet.. :)

god0fwar

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
zsashimi said:
I am taking Saturday class in Alliance Francaise.. I took the afternoon session. Havent taken the DELF exam yet.. :)
great, we may be classmates then, vous y voir!

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
god0fwar said:
great, we may be classmates then, vous y voir!

Cool! See you around..

Btw, in case you want to meet up on your first day in class.. send me you contact thru PM.. :)

farzadcheema

Mar 14, 2011
Hi Malmo,

I was going through your last year’s post about Quebec Immigration. I am also using Canada Visa.com people and planning to submit my application end of March 2011.

Please would you share your experience and what stage of application you are at ? Have you got the certificate of Quebec selection or you are still in the process ?

Cheers,
Farzad

danny2009

Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore transferred to Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2012
Nomination.....
April 2012
File Transfer...
February 2014
Med's Request
March 2014/Further test on 16 April, 2014
Med's Done....
21Mar2014.Ecas:In Process:29May2014, Decision Made:15Jun2014
Passport Req..
17 June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jul,2014 but just received the processed passports 04Aug, 2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
Hi,

I wanted to apply through the program for Quebec Skilled workers, but I don't know French and I cannot be qualified because of my age. So I would like to apply as a Quebec Entrepreneur, is French is the most important element for this category?

Thanks

Danny

gurralaharsha

Mar 27, 2011
CometoAlberta said:
Please don't mislead people, no such words saying that "French is mandatory". however, if you know French, you may get more points and you can do better when interview.

I suggest people who pass the score point and who know English well but don't know French could apply for this program, and during the processing time, he/she can learn some French so that during the interview, he/she can get some points.
I am planning to apply to Quebec PR(including my wife and my small kid) with my Under graduation(Degree of 10+2+3 in BSC) as the education. Note: BSC is degree name in INDIA in which my major is Accountancy and other courses are: Economics and Commerce.
I completed my Degree in 1994.

Please try to answer my questions and help me out.

1) I am not the proficient in English, but i am taking the coaching in French, my aim is to get to the INTERMEDIATE ADVANCED Level in French. Do you think thats going to help me even if i have the less proficiency in English.

2) On what aspects(questions) the interviewer concentrates during the interview, on my French ability or English.?

3) Those who is going to apply the PR in 2011, it takes the processing time of 12-18 months. What is the fact please confirm

4) I am working as a Accountant in a small company for a long time (almost for past 8yrs). Previously also I was working as a Accountant for other company for around 5 yrs. As they are small companies, I don't have the official Salary Slips (PayStubs) for my monthly salary.
I heard that i need to submit my Salary Slips while sending all the documents for CSQ application. Is that true? Please clarify me on this

5) I have checked my eligibility online with my education and my wife education (just 10+2). She is also taking French Coaching so i have put her French Proficiency as INTERMEDIATE. After both of us Course completion we will get the CERTICIATES on FRENCH COURSE COMPLETION. Do i need to submit both of us French Course Completion Certificates at any cost while sending all the documents for CSQ it self?

Any help is appreciable.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
gurralaharsha said:
I am planning to apply to Quebec PR(including my wife and my small kid) with my Under graduation(Degree of 10+2+3 in BSC) as the education. Note: BSC is degree name in INDIA in which my major is Accountancy and other courses are: Economics and Commerce.
I completed my Degree in 1994.

Please try to answer my questions and help me out.

1) I am not the proficient in English, but i am taking the coaching in French, my aim is to get to the INTERMEDIATE ADVANCED Level in French. Do you think thats going to help me even if i have the less proficiency in English.French is the language that will help you a lot..English is a plus

2) On what aspects(questions) the interviewer concentrates during the interview, on my French ability or English.? 90% your french ability

3) Those who is going to apply the PR in 2011, it takes the processing time of 12-18 months. What is the fact please confirmthe processing time range is 10 -18 months...for CSQ!!.... it can be longer or shorter than this..but on an avg..

4) I am working as a Accountant in a small company for a long time (almost for past 8yrs). Previously also I was working as a Accountant for other company for around 5 yrs. As they are small companies, I don't have the official Salary Slips (PayStubs) for my monthly salary.Salary slips are not imp...on a letter head of the company send then ur exprience duly signed by your boss...take ur salary account statement if you have to go on an interview
I heard that i need to submit my Salary Slips while sending all the documents for CSQ application. Is that true? Please clarify me on this

5) I have checked my eligibility online with my education and my wife education (just 10+2). She is also taking French Coaching so i have put her French Proficiency as INTERMEDIATE. After both of us Course completion we will get the CERTICIATES on FRENCH COURSE COMPLETION. Do i need to submit both of us French Course Completion Certificates at any cost while sending all the documents for CSQ it self?While sending CSQ application..i suggest you complete one level of french ... send that certificate..plus continue with french and wen u get your file number..update them with u french progress from time to time

Hope this Helps!

Good luck

Shahi

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
Your Inbox is full, please clear it as I am unable to send you PM.

waqas_rehman20

Sep 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Shahi & other seniors

I m scoring enough points without french so can I apply without French Cert as I dont need extra points for french?

Are they accepting & approving such applications without French but with enough points from other areas?

Waiting

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waqas_rehman20 said:
I m scoring enough points without french so can I apply without French Cert as I dont need extra points for french?

Are they accepting & approving such applications without French but with enough points from other areas?
Yes, people have been approved without French but if you want to live in Quebec, you should learn French because that is the majority language and it will help you immensely in your daily life. Start taking courses now.

waqas_rehman20

Sep 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Yes, people have been approved without French but if you want to live in Quebec, you should learn French because that is the majority language and it will help you immensely in your daily life. Start taking courses now.

Dear Leon

Thanx a lotttt for Res

But someone told that they accepted his Application but asked for the French Cert though he didnt claim points for french. what do u say? what is the possible reason 4 that???

Waiting

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waqas_rehman20 said:
Thanx a lotttt for Res

But someone told that they accepted his Application but asked for the French Cert though he didnt claim points for french. what do u say? what is the possible reason 4 that???
I don't know. I have heard of people in the past being allowed to immigrate without French. They may be considering if he is likely to stay in Quebec after immigrating or if he will be able to work in his profession without French. I do not know if they would deny him for those reasons.

If you are planning to apply, you should start French courses even if you do not claim French because then if they ask, you can say you are looking forward to living in Quebec, you are preparing by starting your courses and you can already speak a few words so you will make them happy.