+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Is French Mandatory

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi all, I am planning to apply for Quebec PNP. Just wanted to know if French is mandatory to apply for this Visa even though one can make required points without the knowledge of French?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, French is mandatory. No French, no QSW visa. If you do their self assessment, you will see that.

loukyapetru

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
u can't survive without french in montreal/quebec

TarunVerma said:
Hi all, I am planning to apply for Quebec PNP. Just wanted to know if French is mandatory to apply for this Visa even though one can make required points without the knowledge of French?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually you can survive in Montreal if you have an English speaking job and stay in the English neighbourhood. Having been a tourist in Montreal, you can mostly get by in stores etc. without French as well. But Quebec requires French for their immigration.

loukyapetru

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Thanks, I was there only for a week in montreal i saw everyone speaking french.. may be you are right

Leon said:
Actually you can survive in Montreal if you have an English speaking job and stay in the English neighbourhood. Having been a tourist in Montreal, you can mostly get by in stores etc. without French as well. But Quebec requires French for their immigration.

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009
Please don't mislead people, no such words saying that "French is mandatory". however, if you know French, you may get more points and you can do better when interview.

I suggest people who pass the score point and who know English well but don't know French could apply for this program, and during the processing time, he/she can learn some French so that during the interview, he/she can get some points.

Leon said:
Yes, French is mandatory. No French, no QSW visa. If you do their self assessment, you will see that.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
For QSW French is mandatory, remeber the question was about PNP. French would not be mandatory for example Alberta PNP.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CometoAlberta said:
Please don't mislead people, no such words saying that "French is mandatory". however, if you know French, you may get more points and you can do better when interview.

I suggest people who pass the score point and who know English well but don't know French could apply for this program, and during the processing time, he/she can learn some French so that during the interview, he/she can get some points.
Ok, if you want to apply for the Quebec skilled worker without knowing any French, by all means do it and make sure to come back and tell us how it went. Good luck.

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009
for people with statistics/bio-statistic degree,it's pretty easy even you get 0 point in the interview. do more study please. check their immigration law word by word.

Leon said:
CometoAlberta said:

Ok, if you want to apply for the Quebec skilled worker without knowing any French, by all means do it and make sure to come back and tell us how it went. Good luck.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
CometoAlberta said:
for people with statistics/bio-statistic degree,it's pretty easy even you get 0 point in the interview. do more study please. check their immigration law word by word.

Leon said:
CometoAlberta said:

French is a requirement for Quebec.

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009
Please, please show me any link which says "French is a must".

no such rule, for people who is not good at knowing these stuffs, please DON'T mislead those people. you should note that in Quebec, there are still lots of job which only use ENGLISH, for example , a researcher in a university.

people always make conclusions without any study

rascojenkins said:
CometoAlberta said:

Leon said:
CometoAlberta said:

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
CometoAlberta said:

no such rule, for people who is not good at knowing these stuffs, please DON'T mislead those people. you should note that in Quebec, there are still lots of job which only use ENGLISH, for example , a researcher in a university.

rascojenkins said:
CometoAlberta said:

Leon said:
CometoAlberta said:

What do you mean Misleading? If you do not hava a level of French you'll be turned down. My Friend was turned down Just for that.

F

feras80

Well it could not be required, but without French you wont be able to pass the point system. Unless you have super experience and couple master degrees, and family in Quebec as well.

CometoAlberta said:

rascojenkins said:
CometoAlberta said:

Leon said:
CometoAlberta said:

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009
Because your friend doesn't have "super experience" and "couple of master degrees". it doesn't mean "French is a must". all because your friend's application is too weak. what i want to tell you is that some of my friends who have couple master degrees and they pass the point line without knowing any French. they also have five year U.S work experiences and a short stay in Quebec.

if you won Nobel prize, do you think Quebec will reject you because you don't know French? LOL

rascojenkins said:
CometoAlberta said:

rascojenkins said:
CometoAlberta said:

Leon said:
CometoAlberta said:

What do you mean Misleading? If you do not hava a level of French you'll be turned down. My Friend was turned down Just for that.

F

feras80

well it's the rules, wahtever you have a nobel price or no. Dont you guys read? it's like someone who want to immigrat to the US without having any knowlegde of english.

CometoAlberta said:
Because your friend doesn't have "super experience" and "couple of master degrees". it doesn't mean "French is a must". all because your friend's application is too weak. what i want to tell you is that some of my friends who have couple master degrees and they pass the point line without knowing any French. they also have five year U.S work experiences and a short stay in Quebec.

if you won Nobel prize, do you think Quebec will reject you because you don't know French? LOL

rascojenkins said:
CometoAlberta said:

rascojenkins said:
CometoAlberta said:

Leon said:
CometoAlberta said: