+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

IWCI

Oct 22, 2011
Hi, everybody,

I am very new here.
Can you say about the possible points at my status? It is urgent.
Edu: MS in Engg.(US-electrical),this year
age:34;work Exp(past 5 yrs):2.5yrs in US+0.5 year India.
French:no skill.English:Advanced as I belief(no official score, but worked in US)
kid:1(5 years age).
Spouse: age:24 yrs.
Edu:SSC(secondary school);didn't continue for an unavoidable problem.

I want to apply as a principal applicant.
Please give me your opinion.
Thanks in advance.

Prabhu1977

Oct 27, 2011
sadupops said:
I got my notice that i am on the waiting list for interview today (possibly in new york) and i am scared (nervous will be the better word)!!!!
why? I french is really not up to par and bad. my English is very very good as i am an engineer and i work in the united states.

What are my chances or surviving or getting my CSQ?

can someone please advise?
Hello, I am also in the same boat. My AOR date is 10-Dec-2011. Please let me know your contacts.

wallflowr22

Oct 28, 2011
Hello everyone!
I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been working in Quebec for a year, and my work permit will be extended through August 2013. I am a US citizen, but married to a Mexican citizen. We are applying for the CSQ with me as the principal applicant because my education level is higher. My question is, if we receive our CSQ, do we submit for permanent residency through Buffalo (since I am the principal applicant), or Mexico (since my husband can't easily go to the US), or do we have to file separately to our respective countries? (is that even possible to file separately if we submit for our CSQ together?)

Many thanks in advance for your advice!
Lisa

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
rasein said:
Hi Shootingstar,

can you provide us the link, couldn't find it in the Immigration site.
Sorry for the late reply.
Here is the link http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/sessions/index.php

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
brebu said:
@ shootingstar,

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Since I'm about to complete and send my application, can you please answer some more questions?
All other forum members, I would appreciate all inputs:

1) Does the spouse of the principal applicant also have to show employment records? YES. I did that.
2) Do we each have to complete a separate Application for Selection CertificatYes, you will need to submit 2 applications. one for Principal applicant and the other is for the spouse?
3) Since my spouse (the principal applicant) is a registered nurse (regulated profession), does she have to prove she has applied to be recognized by the Quebec nursing committee?Not sure on this one.
4) Does Quebec have a different method of counting points? Can someone please share where I can find guidelines on how to calculate our score Yes, it is different for Quebec. ?

I greatly appreciate all your inputs!

Here is the link for information on points and other FAQs http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
wallflowr22 said:
Hello everyone!
I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been working in Quebec for a year, and my work permit will be extended through August 2013. I am a US citizen, but married to a Mexican citizen. We are applying for the CSQ with me as the principal applicant because my education level is higher. My question is, if we receive our CSQ, do we submit for permanent residency through Buffalo (since I am the principal applicant), or Mexico (since my husband can't easily go to the US), or do we have to file separately to our respective countries? (is that even possible to file separately if we submit for our CSQ together?)

Many thanks in advance for your advice!
Lisa
I believe the federal application has to be submitted together for both of you(as a family). Not sure on whether it is buffalo or mexico city.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
brebu said:
I'm sorry if I look like I'm beating around the bush, but I just called AF and it seems impossible to have a French test anywhere in the next 6 months. However, my spouse (she is principal applicant) has both tests (IELTS and TEFaQ) and we have at least 65 points together, without possible adaptability points.
Can I submit like this? Or will they ask me for my proof of language skills anyway? I'm afraid if they ask I won't be able to provide within 60 days:(
Also, since no points are allocated for my work experience, do I need to get all the "company header" letters from current/previous employers?
Please married participants tell me how you submitted your applications!
Merci de tout! J'espere de vous rencontrer a Quebec:)
This is the same issue my husband has. No dates for DELF in the next 6 months. He is the principal applicant and so this situation sounds scary.
In your case, you have points to cross the threshold, so that is fine. In my case, I dont' think we meet the points limit, so now all is in destiny's hand :). My husband will be sitting for DELF only in april 2012.
You will be fine. Go ahead!

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal (CSQ) & Buffalo (Federal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
Hi All,

Called Montreal Office, to check the status of my application (File), they said there is a delay in processing the Files, its going to take Minimum 10 - 12 Months to get a Selection letter or Invitation for Interview from the date of opening a File.

*Call Center lady said My file was opened on Feb 10 2011 it seems, so i will getting updates by Jan/Feb time frame

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
concorde411 said:
Quebecfull,

Hi there my old friend. Just wanted to give you an update. I got a letter from Quebec informing me that I have been put on the list for an interview. I got excited that I called my immigration people but they informed me that since they didn't give a date I am almost 100% certain NOT to be on the interview list for September. Looks like another 6 months just to get an interview! Not really happy right not because after these added months I still have to wait over a YEAR to get my visa. Fortune does not smile.
concorde,

Any updates on your Interview

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
rasein said:
Hi All,

Called Montreal Office, to check the status of my application (File), they said there is a delay in processing the Files, its going to take Minimum 10 - 12 Months to get a Selection letter or Invitation for Interview from the date of opening a File.

*Call Center lady said My file was opened on Feb 10 2011 it seems, so i will getting updates by Jan/Feb time frame
That's a long wait :( but we have to wait! No option.

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
shootingstar said:
That's a long wait :( but we have to wait! No option.
Shootingstar,

Whats your job role, Are you into any Medical field

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2011-11-04/canada/quebec-canada-to-accept-record-number-of-immigrants-in-2012.htm

Got this Link from other Discussion Thread

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Finally! Today I received a letter stating I am on the waiting list for a selection interview in New York! It's so great to hear some news finally - it feels so long since I got my AOR in January.

:D

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
Congrats Ekim, can you please share us your work profile & French proficiency

ekim8587 said:
Finally! Today I received a letter stating I am on the waiting list for a selection interview in New York! It's so great to hear some news finally - it feels so long since I got my AOR in January.

:D

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
rasein said:
Congrats Ekim, can you please share us your work profile & French proficiency
I graduated from university with a BA in Spanish and I took a minor in French. My level for oral expression and comprehension in French is B2 in the CECR. (Took TEFaQ in New York July 2010.) I had a clerical position at a financial company for 5 1/2 years. Currently back in school to receive a masters degree in teaching. In the US I'll be able to teach Spanish and French. English is my mother tongue so no problems there.

Hopefully the interviews for next year are sometime in early spring!