+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Business Investor Program

Gurinder148

Aug 12, 2013
I applied for Quebec Business Investor Program in August, 2010 from India. I have gone through the interview in December, 2012 in Hong Kong Office. Now, my file is submitted in CIC office on March 20th, 2013. I have submitted all the required documents with Police Clearance Certificates. I am waiting for the medicals to arrive. It has been almost 5 months. Can someone help me in knowing how much more will it take for the medicals to arrive and then how much more time for the visa to arrive.

Would really appreciate if somebody can help me.
Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gurinder148 said:
I applied for Quebec Business Investor Program in August, 2010 from India. I have gone through the interview in December, 2012 in Hong Kong Office. Now, my file is submitted in CIC office on March 20th, 2013. I have submitted all the required documents with Police Clearance Certificates. I am waiting for the medicals to arrive. It has been almost 5 months. Can someone help me in knowing how much more will it take for the medicals to arrive and then how much more time for the visa to arrive.

Thanks.
Less than 5 Quebec Investors Applicants in New Delhi, so no time frame. So probably between 12 and 20 months.

beantit

Dec 3, 2012
Gurinder148 said:

Thanks.
Hi,

I am in the similar situation with you. I had my interview in HK in October 2012, my file submitted to CIC in the beginning of May 2013. I am still waiting for file number. Did you receive your file number from CIC? When?
I heard from my lawyer that there was a strike in CIC offices, so the process will be delayed. You will probably receive MR after 9-12 months from the date of your file number.
Good luck!

Gurinder148

Aug 12, 2013
We attended the interview in December 2012 and got "OK" for Quebec govt. within 10 days. Then our agent advised us to submit the money as soon as possible to make the process speedy. We submitted the money within 15-20 days. After that our file was submitted in CIC office on March 20th, 2013 but we received their letter in April, 2013 in which file number, UCI number was given. Our agent says that after submission of application in CIC office, it takes 5 to 5 and a half months for the visa to arrive. It will be 5 months on August 20th, 2013. Our agent also said that there will not be any major delay because of the strike.
Hope it helps. Good Luck!

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gurinder,

There is no time frame but you can just pray to God that your turn comes through asap
as it can take anything from 6 months to even 2 years as well. I am also in the same boat
as I had done my interview in Quebec in November 2012 and deposited the cash in Jan 2013
and got my file in April 2013 but nothing so far.

There are people in this forum who had been waiting for ages. Nobody can say how long it
will take but let us all hope for the best for all of us and God bless us all!!!

Take care
Viz

Hello 123

Aug 14, 2013
HI eveybody on this post.

I am also a Quebec Investor Class applicant now pending in CHC - New Delhi

Having got my CSQ in Dec 2012, I applied to CIC Sydney in March 2013.
I received AOR and file no on 10th April that the file is complete and is now shifted to the visa office
for further processing. Since then we only see Application Received in the Ecas.
The Ecas was last updated on July 17th, as per the note on the screen.

FYI I had included my PCC to the CIC as my consultant advised me to.

Kindly see if you have any answer to these questions -

1 - Does CIC again check/vet the application papers? These are already vetted at the interview.
If they do vet again that will be another process and will take time. Is that so?

2 - If they dont, do they initiate security check before OR after receiving the medicals? I am getting
conflicting reports on this as some say system has changed. Earlier they used to do after medicals
and now they are doing before medicals. Can we assume our files are under security check?
Some info on this will be helpful.

3 - Gurinder what is your consultant saying re the timeline now. I wonder if the consultants are guiding us
correctly. Do they also have any idea? Do Investor visas have any priority in processing?
My consultant says once the Pafso strike is lifted it will be done in 3-4 months. I doubt that !!

Input from Quebec Investors in NDVO will be helpful. Right now we have no idea how long this will take.

Regards

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Buddy,

Please note that once you have got the file no. then there is no more checks etc. done but we have
to get the request for medicals but getting that itself is looooooong waiting game and nobody can tell
you any exact time frame. There are people waiting for 6 months to few years as well.

I have got my file no. on 19 April 2013 but till now there is no change at all.

So be patient and pray to god for yourself and for all us in this forum and who know we can all
meet up one in Quebec and have a party!!!! ;D

God bless us all
Viz

har73

Sep 30, 2013
Gurinder148 said:
I applied for Quebec Business Investor Program in August, 2010 from India. I have gone through the interview in December, 2012 in Hong Kong Office. Now, my file is submitted in CIC office on March 20th, 2013. I have submitted all the required documents with Police Clearance Certificates. I am waiting for the medicals to arrive. It has been almost 5 months. Can someone help me in knowing how much more will it take for the medicals to arrive and then how much more

Thanks.
Hello Gurinder..I ve a question...had they mail ur CSQ to your address or urs mandatory's address?

I made my investment on 3rd of Sept and waiting for my CSQ...

Hello 123

Aug 14, 2013
Hi Har,

It is mailed to your authorized agent. That is how it happened with me.
I got it in 15 days. Follow up with your agent.

Small suggestion. Use this waiting time for CSQ to complete your application
to CIC. That also takes some time.

Best wishes.

Hello 123

Aug 14, 2013
Hi Everyone.

Any news from QIIP Federal New Delhi applicants....?

Now that the strike is over are your consultants giving any timeline...?

My file was transferred to NDVO in April 2013. So far there is no progress.
Security has not been started nor have I received the medicals.

Others please share what your consultants are saying.... :)

Regards

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello 123 said:
Hi Everyone.

Any news from QIIP Federal New Delhi applicants....?

Now that the strike is over are your consultants giving any timeline...?

My file was transferred to NDVO in April 2013. So far there is no progress.
Security has not been started nor have I received the medicals.

Others please share what your consultants are saying.... :)

Regards
Hi Hello,

Mine is also same as I got my file no. on April 19 2013 for Abu Dhabi visa office
but no news as of now.

Though everybody is expecting things to move faster now but I am sure all the
visa offices will have backlog of old files to clear first.

My lawyer also says that normally with 6 months time we should get a response
from VO for either medicals or security check etc.

Let us hope for the best and best of luck to all of us.
Keep waiting and praying!!!

Cheers
Viz

har73

Sep 30, 2013
Hello friends,
Please tell me what is 'csq number' and where it mentioned on csq. I couldn't find it on my csq..... have to filled in section 7 of federal application?

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
har73 said:
Hello friends,
Please tell me what is 'csq number' and where it mentioned on csq. I couldn't find it on my csq..... have to filled in section 7 of federal application?
Hi Har,

Please note that this is the letter which you get once you have paid up the money and
it is mentioned on right hand side on top and in French it says "Numero du dossier" and it
starts with DA000000000.

Hope this is of help and will appreciate if you can share your timeline as well and which
visa office you are applying from and where are you currently.

This will help me and other members in this forum as well.

All the best and god bless us all !!!

Viz