Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
kjg09 said:
hi guys, I just want to ask what is the current status for CSQ and QSW (PR application)? How long does it take to process? My husband and I are still waiting for work permit (mine is owp) and as per HR we could go there to canada by end of feb or march if the work permit will be approve. We are planning to apply immediately for CSQ then PR once we get there.

What are the chances we could get approved CSQ? My husband got approved lmia and he is under international mobility program. Thanks in advance for those who can answer.
Hi,
It depends on where your CSQ will be processed. If you're moving to Quebec and applying here, current processing times are about 1.5 to 2 years for the CSQ, and then about 1 to 1.5 years for the PR.

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
jad_montreal said:
Hi,
It depends on where your CSQ will be processed. If you're moving to Quebec and applying here, current processing times are about 1.5 to 2 years for the CSQ, and then about 1 to 1.5 years for the PR.
omg :eek: its quite so long compared to other who applied last 2013 :-[ Checking in there timelines, they can get CSQ within 2-3 months then less than a year for PR. Do you know why it become longer this time? ???

Yes will be staying in montreal once our work permit approved. Do you know which category they preferred? PEQ or regular? Actually, we want to apply immediately for csq once we get there but under PEQ requirements, it needed 12 months work in quebec before we could apply. It really saddened me when I found out that Quebec did not follow express entry. Looking at EE requirements, we could have a big advantages since we have positive LMIA and permanent job offer. :'( :(

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
kjg09 said:
omg :eek: its quite so long compared to other who applied last 2013 :-[ Checking in there timelines, they can get CSQ within 2-3 months then less than a year for PR. Do you know why it become longer this time? ???

Yes will be staying in montreal once our work permit approved. Do you know which category they preferred? PEQ or regular? Actually, we want to apply immediately for csq once we get there but under PEQ requirements, it needed 12 months work in quebec before we could apply. It really saddened me when I found out that Quebec did not follow express entry. Looking at EE requirements, we could have a big advantages since we have positive LMIA and permanent job offer. :'( :(
It could take much less to process CSQ. I know some people got it in 6 months. but these are the official timelines from their website. Similarly, for the PR. They say on the website 18 months, some people get it in 8 months, others in 12, others in 18. So you can't really know...

Do you hold a degree from Quebec? If not, you wont be able to apply under PEQ.

Why apply to Quebec if you have advantage under Express Entry programs in other provinces?

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
jad_montreal said:
It could take much less to process CSQ. I know some people got it in 6 months. but these are the official timelines from their website. Similarly, for the PR. They say on the website 18 months, some people get it in 8 months, others in 12, others in 18. So you can't really know...

Do you hold a degree from Quebec? If not, you wont be able to apply under PEQ.

Why apply to Quebec if you have advantage under Express Entry programs in other provinces?
My husband and I do not have degree in Quebec or any part in canada. But his employer gave him permanent position (software engr) and he will be transfer from singapore site to montreal site. So he is under international mobility program but due to recent changes in policy. Our initial work permit application was rejected due to lmia which should be exempted for his case. Thus, the employer applied him lmia and got approval last 04 DEc 2014. So we re-applied again for work permit last 16 Dec 2014. Mine is OWP and we submit our application together. Please confirm given our situation that we cannot apply for PEQ even if we have valid job offer? ???

I saw in cic website regarding EE, it said that if you will be staying in quebec, should follow the qsw program since quebec is choosing its own immigrants. Thus, we have no choice but to do the csq and qsw. Kindly advise if this is true or we can apply for EE even if we will be staying in montreal?

Thanks for your reply.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
kjg09 said:
My husband and I do not have degree in Quebec or any part in canada. But his employer gave him permanent position (software engr) and he will be transfer from singapore site to montreal site. So he is under international mobility program but due to recent changes in policy. Our initial work permit application was rejected due to lmia which should be exempted for his case. Thus, the employer applied him lmia and got approval last 04 DEc 2014. So we re-applied again for work permit last 16 Dec 2014. Mine is OWP and we submit our application together. Please confirm given our situation that we cannot apply for PEQ even if we have valid job offer? ???

I saw in cic website regarding EE, it said that if you will be staying in quebec, should follow the qsw program since quebec is choosing its own immigrants. Thus, we have no choice but to do the csq and qsw. Kindly advise if this is true or we can apply for EE even if we will be staying in montreal?

Thanks for your reply.
To get CSQ, there are two ways: the PEQ program or the (old/regular) points-based system. PEQ has two conditions: you have to have a Quebec degree AND advanced level of french. If you don't have both requirements, then you will need to apply through the regular points-based system.

I'm not very familiar with the EE so I won't be able to help on that. Sorry!

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
jad_montreal said:
To get CSQ, there are two ways: the PEQ program or the (old/regular) points-based system. PEQ has two conditions: you have to have a Quebec degree AND advanced level of french. If you don't have both requirements, then you will need to apply through the regular points-based system.

I'm not very familiar with the EE so I won't be able to help on that. Sorry!
Thanks for your prompt reply. I just saw in Quebec website:

PEQ – Temporary worker
This program applies to you if you are currently employed, if you have held a skilled job in Québec for at least 12 of the last 24 months and if you have a knowledge of spoken French.

Regular program – Temporary worker
The regular program is aimed at you if you were legally admitted to Québec as a temporary worker for a total period of at least one year.

I have a question I hope you could answer. For regular program does it requires french or not? If no french knowledge, does it means there is a high chance of refusal in CSQ? Or there are still a chance to get approval?

If PEQ, does it really requires B2 french level or we can submit even lower scores/level: A1, A2, B1? The employer will arrange french lesson for us so Im thinking maybe in 1 yr time we could achieve those grades in french but I am not sure if we could get B2.

Thank you so much for your help. Hope you could still update us regarding your application if you receive any news.Thanks.

executive

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
Jan-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR Nov-2010, PR AOR Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Original Application
Med's Request
June 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
kjg09 said:

Thanks for your reply.
I believe you can still apply for express entry even if you are going to stay in Quebec. As EE is a federal program so you can stay anywhere in Canada including Quebec. While you already have job offer so your chances are very bright. Secondly express entry application will be processed within six months whereas QSW, PEQ or any other programs will take years and painful waiting. So if I were you I would apply for express entry.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
kjg09 said:
Thanks for your prompt reply. I just saw in Quebec website:

PEQ – Temporary worker
This program applies to you if you are currently employed, if you have held a skilled job in Québec for at least 12 of the last 24 months and if you have a knowledge of spoken French.

Regular program – Temporary worker
The regular program is aimed at you if you were legally admitted to Québec as a temporary worker for a total period of at least one year.

I have a question I hope you could answer. For regular program does it requires french or not? If no french knowledge, does it means there is a high chance of refusal in CSQ? Or there are still a chance to get approval?

If PEQ, does it really requires B2 french level or we can submit even lower scores/level: A1, A2, B1? The employer will arrange french lesson for us so Im thinking maybe in 1 yr time we could achieve those grades in french but I am not sure if we could get B2.

Thank you so much for your help. Hope you could still update us regarding your application if you receive any news.Thanks.
I apologize. For some reason, I was thinking about the PEQ program for foreign students (under which I applied). You are right, you can apply under the PEQ program for temporary workers.

For PEQ, you will need B2 level to be able to apply. Otherwise, it will mean refusal of your application.
For the regular point, it is not mandatory to have French to be able to apply.

"Candidates who do not wish to use the points awarded for knowledge of French or English or both must specify this in their application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec by marking the appropriate box on the form."
However, to get points for your French, you will need to have at least B2 level. All this information is available in the link below:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-knowledge.html

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
MidoRafa said:
If you intend to live in Quebec you must apply through QSW program. You cannot use Express Entry (yet).
Well to be honest, I really want to go thru EE. Actually we waited for the opening of EE this Jan since we thought we will be having better chances of getting PR. Based on CIC, the EE would just take 6 months only while in QSW, the waiting will be very long and seems like forever. ???

Some of my friends will send out FSW application thru EE even though they do not have job offer and no work experience in Canada. I think they could get PR earlier than in my case. Those FSW approved PR applicants without taking any french exam can work and live in Quebec. While in our case, we need to go thru painful process like taking french classes, needs to work for at least 1 year or and get CSQ first before we could apply for PR. We do not have a choice at this moment since the employer is located in Montreal and we need to stay there. Well its just me. :'(

Goodluck to all those who waits for their CSQ and QSW results. I hope the process will be faster this 2015.

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
jad_montreal said:
I apologize. For some reason, I was thinking about the PEQ program for foreign students (under which I applied). You are right, you can apply under the PEQ program for temporary workers.

For PEQ, you will need B2 level to be able to apply. Otherwise, it will mean refusal of your application.
For the regular point, it is not mandatory to have French to be able to apply.

"Candidates who do not wish to use the points awarded for knowledge of French or English or both must specify this in their application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec by marking the appropriate box on the form."
However, to get points for your French, you will need to have at least B2 level. All this information is available in the link below:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-knowledge.html

Thanks Jad! Maybe we will just evaluate the situation once we get there. Thanks for all your help. Goodluck to your application. Hope you get it soon. :)

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
kjg09 said:
Thanks Jad! Maybe we will just evaluate the situation once we get there. Thanks for all your help. Goodluck to your application. Hope you get it soon. :)
Thank you!! All the best to you too :) :) I hope you sort things out quickly when you come here!

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Hey All,
I am trying to create a spreadsheet with all our details so we can keep track of our timelines for QSW federal process. Here is a sharable link. Please update your details in the link so we can all take a look at it .

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rn8u1Hu9OkKMsy-Ep-4yYby6TITMFuhNcE-7tsy9YWo/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

Surya

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Suryak86 said:
Hey All,
I am trying to create a spreadsheet with all our details so we can keep track of our timelines for QSW federal process. Here is a sharable link. Please update your details in the link so we can all take a look at it .

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rn8u1Hu9OkKMsy-Ep-4yYby6TITMFuhNcE-7tsy9YWo/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

Surya
I actually wondered for a long time why there was no spreadsheet for QSW!

I have two concerns though:
1- Processing times vary by visa office. So for example, you're applying in New Delhi. I am applying in Canada. So the timelines would be very different.
2- For QSW in particular, I heard, the processing times for QSW following PEQ-CSQ are different than those for QSW following the regular points-based CSQ. Of course, this is still the observation of some of the members of this forum. I am not sure how accurate that is.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Suryak86 said:
Hey All,

Thanks

Surya
Also, the spreadsheet is view-only. You need to change the settings so that it's editable by anyone who has the link.