Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Deciding on whether to apply through FSW or QSW will actually depend on your profile. I do not have your full details at the moment so i may not be able to advise further. Kindly use the format below to advise us of your profile as this will make it easier for us to analyse your case and also advise you better.

1. Training
a. Educational Attainment –
b. Area of Training –
2. Experience -
3. Age -
4. Language
a. English -
b. French -
5. Family and Stay in Quebec -
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment -
b. Area of Training -
c. Age -
d. French -
7. Validated Job Offer -
8. Children –
9. Financial Self Sufficiency –

mk24 said:
DONSOFT,

Many thanks for ur quick response to my query.
So I should proceed with my application plans for QSW or changed to FSW?
I have done DELF A1 and A2 just waiting to take my ielts next wkend in Trinidad before sending my application.
But I won't mind changing my appliaction to FSW if my chances in QSW is less than 50%. I also need ur honest advice here.
I know with my medical diploma, I will need certifying exams in canada if my application is successful.
Thanks.

mk24

Jul 10, 2011
DONSOFT,

Again, many thanks for your assistance.
Pls find below my response to your query:
Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery(MBBS)
b. Area of Training – MEDICINE
2. Experience - 5 YEARS
3. Age - 36
4. Language
a. English - awaiting ielts exam next wkend
b. French - passes DELF A1 and A2 this month
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - None
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner: I am single, yet to marry
a. Educational Attainment - N/A
b. Area of Training - N/A
c. Age -N/A
d. French - N/A
7. Validated Job Offer - NONE
8. Children – NONE
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 15,000 CAD
I will take your advice seriously. I have all my documnets with me but just waiting to take the ielts exam.

akramkhan444

Jul 3, 2011
DONSOFT said:
Hii Donsoft,

Your help is really appreciable, brother can u plz tell me can i get the english version of quebec immigration bible.
Actually i am also vry confused regarding applying on my own or going through a consultancy. one consultancy told me that for french all i need to do is to get a certificate from any institute stating that i am learning french there, Brother i want to knw is that all i need to give or i should wait and appear in delf a1 and a2 and then apply, can i directly give a2 level without appearing in a1, i knw a bit of french but do not hv any certificates.I am from India. Which country r u from?

Regards,

Akram

plz reply

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
mk24 said:
DONSOFT,

Again, many thanks for your assistance.
Pls find below my response to your query:

You can only apply via the QSW route as you are not qualified to apply via FSW. Medicine is not in the list of 28 occupations eligibe for processing. See this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp . Please focus all your energy on QSW as this happens to be the only route you may qualify for at the moment if and only if you improve on your french level.

Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery(MBBS) - 10 pts
b. Area of Training – MEDICINE - 0
2. Experience - 5 YEARS - 8 pts
3. Age - 36 - 14
4. Language
a. English - awaiting ielts exam next wkend - 6 (i believe your were taught in English)
b. French - passes DELF A1 and A2 this month (passed A2, right? They only consider Listening & Speaking, then you have 6 pts)
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - None - 0
c. Age -N/A
d. French - N/A
8. Children – NONE
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 15,000 CAD - 1 pt
I will take your advice seriously. I have all my documnets with me but just waiting to take the ielts exam.

Total: 10 + 8 + 14 + 6 + 6 +1 = 45

Note the points cut off below:

Employability Cut-off – sum of all factors except factors 8,9 and 10

i. Single (42)
ii. Married (50)

b. Cut-off for preliminary review – sum of all the factors except factor 10

i. Single (49)
ii. Married (57)

c. Selection - sum of all factors

i. Single (55)
ii. Married (63)

Conclusion: You will be able to cross the employability cut off point (42) but will not be able to make it to the interview stage (49) and as result i will say that you do not qualify with the details you have provided.

Way Forward: The only option you have to improve on your points is to learn french to at least B2 level as that will fetch you extra 6 points bringing your total to 51 points. B2 (High intermediate) may not be a very easy feat to achieve but i am sure you can do it with maximum concentration. The whole process takes between 8 to 12 months so i believe you will have enough time to study before the interview date. Someone has done it in this forum and i believe you can do it as well. If this happens you will have to make at least 4 points at the interview in other to be selected. Good luck!!!

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
akramkhan444 said:
Hii Donsoft,

Your help is really appreciable, brother can u plz tell me can i get the english version of quebec immigration bible. Go here http://translate.google.com.ng/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf&ei=0mQoTpfxKJOIhQf3uKCNCg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB0Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicsearch/telecharge.php%253Ftype%253D7%2526file%253Dgpi-3-1.pdf%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D553%26prmd%3Divns

Actually i am also vry confused regarding applying on my own or going through a consultancy. Please don't be confused, you can read up my advise to Pranjalis. one consultancy told me that for french all i need to do is to get a certificate from any institute stating that i am learning french there (yes you can include this in your application but will not serve as conclusive proof of your french level. You will still have to learn french before your interview and take a recognised french or alternatively wait for your french level to be determined at the interview), Brother i want to knw is that all i need to give or i should wait and appear in delf a1 and a2 and then apply (see answer above), can i directly give a2 level without appearing in a1 (yes you can, infact you can sit for C1 - Advanced french, if you feel you are an advanced speaker), i knw a bit of french but do not hv any certificates. Very good, just continue learning as you do not have anything to loose.I am from India. Which country r u from? (My country flag is part of my profile info!) Good luck!!!

Regards,

Akram

plz reply

akramkhan444

Jul 3, 2011
Hiii

Can anyone tell me if mine is a strong case from the following details

Age of Principal applicant - 25
Qualification-MBA
Experience- 1 year and 8 months
English proficiency- Advanced
French proficiency- basics
Marital status - Single

I didnt properly undstand the meaning of the following

i Single (42)
ii. Married (50)

i. Single (49)
ii. Married (57)

i. Single (55)
ii. Married (63)

so if i am making 45 points should and cannot make more than 55 points should i apply or not , plz suggest

Regards,

Akram

mk24

Jul 10, 2011
DONSOFT,

Again, thanks for your time and assistance.
If am not qualified for QSW based on calculations then while did they ok me on the online assessment.
You said medicine is not among the eligible occupations. But under the FSW, medicine is there and it falls under NOC:3112 :General Practitioners and Family Physicians
I am a general practioner with 5 yrs of experience.
BESIDES, IF MEDICINE IS NOT UNDER CURRENT QSW NOC, THEN THERE IS NO WAY I COULD BE CLEARED TO MAKE MY APPLICATION FROM THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT. BECAUSE THE ESSENCE OF THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT IS FOR POTENTIAL APPLICANT TO ASSESS HIS/HER ELIGIBILITY FOR THE APPLICATION.
THAT BEEN SAID, I AM ALSO AWARE THAT SCALING THE HURDLES OF THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT DOES NOT MAKE IT AUTOMATIC.
FINALLY, WITH DUE RESPECT TO U, I MUST SAID HERE THAT YOUR CALCULATION HAS MADE ME CONFUSED
PLEASE I NEED IMPUT FROM EVERY SENIORS ON THIS FORUM.
THANK YOU.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
akramkhan444 said:
Hiii

Can anyone tell me if mine is a strong case from the following details

Age of Principal applicant - 25 - 16pts
Qualification-MBA - 12
Experience- 1 year and 8 months - 4 pts
English proficiency- Advanced - 6 pts
French proficiency- basics - (what is ur exact level?)
Marital status - Single

You have not giving enough details for us to advise you better. Kindly use the format i posted earlier to list your profile for proper guidance.

I didnt properly undstand the meaning of the following

There are three stages in the entire process which includes employability cut-off stage, preliminary review and selection. You are supposed to score some minimum points at each level as stated below.

i Single (42) - as a single applicant, you require at least 42 points to cross this stage.
ii. Married (50)

i. Single (49) - you require 49 points to cross this stage
ii. Married (57)

i. Single (55) - you need a minimum of 55 points to be selected.
ii. Married (63)

so if i am making 45 points should and cannot make more than 55 points should i apply or not , plz suggest - please rephrase this sentence.

In summary, you must score at least 49 points to be able to make to the interview stage else you will be risking rejection of your application.

Regards,

Akram

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
[size=10pt]Amin!!![/size] ;D

akramkhan444 said:
Donsoft

thanks for such a quick reply

May Allah reward u for this,

Regards,
Akram

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
mk24 said:
DONSOFT,

Again, thanks for your time and assistance.
If am not qualified for QSW based on calculations then while did they ok me on the online assessment.- It actually depends on what you claimed anyway, i only advised you based on the information you provided here.

You said medicine is not among the eligible occupations. But under the FSW, medicine is there and it falls under NOC:3112 :General Practitioners and Family Physicians.I am a general practioner with 5 yrs of experience. - oh very sorry that was an over sight. I just checked the list again now and saw it there, you are qualified for FSW route as well http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp.

BESIDES, IF MEDICINE IS NOT UNDER CURRENT QSW NOC, THEN THERE IS NO WAY I COULD BE CLEARED TO MAKE MY APPLICATION FROM THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT. I never said Medicine is not part of the Training list for Quebec, as a matter of fact, you will find virtually all areas of training in the Training list just that Medicine will earn you nothing - zero point. Please check this link for more clarification - http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

BECAUSE THE ESSENCE OF THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT IS FOR POTENTIAL APPLICANT TO ASSESS HIS/HER ELIGIBILITY FOR THE APPLICATION. Yes you are right but it only gives you an idea based on your claims.

THAT BEEN SAID, I AM ALSO AWARE THAT SCALING THE HURDLES OF THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT DOES NOT MAKE IT AUTOMATIC. Exactly

FINALLY, WITH DUE RESPECT TO U, I MUST SAID HERE THAT YOUR CALCULATION HAS MADE ME CONFUSED. Please don't be but i will suggest you point out your confusion areas so we can clear your worries. cheer up please.

PLEASE I NEED IMPUT FROM EVERY SENIORS ON THIS FORUM. That is actually the beauty of a forum like this so that people can exchange ideas. Good luck

THANK YOU.

akramkhan444

Jul 3, 2011
Here is the proper format i guess

Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of business administration,
Master of business administration
b. Area of Training - Marketing
2. Experience - 1 year 8 months
3. Age - 25
4. Language
a. English - advance
b. French - A1 i suppose
c. Age -N/A
d. French - N/A
8. Children – NONE
9. Financial Self Sufficiency –

hey brother donsoft do i get 12 for qualification or 12+6,

Regards,

Akram

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
akramkhan444 said:

Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of business administration
Master of business administration (How old are these degrees?)
b. Area of Training - Marketing (is ur job function here in any way related to Business Administration? check here http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/AboutNOC.aspx
2. Experience - 1 year 8 months - 4
3. Age - 25 - 16
4. Language
a. English - advance - 6
b. French - A1 i suppose - 2
c. Age -N/A
d. French - N/A
8. Children – NONE
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 1

hey brother donsoft do i get 12 for qualification or 12+6, (You will be awarded points here for just your highest qualification)

Regards,

Akram

mk24

Jul 10, 2011
TO ALL SENIORS IN THIS FORUM,

KINDLY HELP ME DOUBLE CHECK MY ELIGIBILY FOR QSW BEFORE I CHANGE TO FSW:
WITH DUE RESPECT TO DONSOFT, HIS CALCULATION WAS COMPLETELY AT VARIANCE WITH RESULT OF MY ONLINE EVALUATION, WHICH WAS POSITIVE.
I DONT KNOW IF HIS CALULATION IS MORE VALID THAN THE ONLINE EVALUATION?
PLS FIND BELOW THE DETAILS:

You can only apply via the QSW route as you are not qualified to apply via FSW. Medicine is not in the list of 28 occupations eligibe for processing. See this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp . Please focus all your energy on QSW as this happens to be the only route you may qualify for at the moment if and only if you improve on your french level.

Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery(MBBS) - 10 pts
b. Area of Training – MEDICINE - 0
2. Experience - 5 YEARS - 8 pts
3. Age - 36 - 14
4. Language
a. English - awaiting ielts exam next wkend - 6 (i believe your were taught in English)
b. French - passes DELF A1 and A2 this month (passed A2, right? They only consider Listening & Speaking, then you have 6 pts)
c. Age -N/A
d. French - N/A
8. Children – NONE
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 15,000 CAD - 1 pt

Total: 10 + 8 + 14 + 6 + 6 +1 = 45

Note the points cut off below:

Employability Cut-off – sum of all factors except factors 8,9 and 10

i. Single (42)
ii. Married (50)

i. Single (49)
ii. Married (57)

i. Single (55)
ii. Married (63)

Conclusion: You will be able to cross the employability cut off point (42) but will not be able to make it to the interview stage (49) and as result i will say that you do not qualify with the details you have provided.

Way Forward: The only option you have to improve on your points is to learn french to at least B2 level as that will fetch you extra 6 points bringing your total to 51 points. B2 (High intermediate) may not be a very easy feat to achieve but i am sure you can do it with maximum concentration. The whole process takes between 8 to 12 months so i believe you will have enough time to study before the interview date. Someone has done it in this forum and i believe you can do it as well. If this happens you will have to make at least 4 points at the interview in other to be selected. Good luck!!!

akramkhan444

Jul 3, 2011
akramkhan444 said:

Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of business administration, passed out in 2007
Master of business administration, passed out in 2010
b. Area of Training - Marketing
2. Experience - 1 year 8 months
3. Age - 25
4. Language
a. English - advance
b. French - A1 i suppose
c. Age -N/A