2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ patrick_silva, urs was a fast one or is it march 2010 that u were refering to as d date of applicatn? Dided has answerd ur querry on pointage. But i Do NoT THINK THAT U ASKING THEM TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH LL B FAVORABLE TO U. DO NOT B DECEIVED ONLY APPLICANTS IN D FSW CATEGORY AV D LUXuRY OF SELECTING A LANGUAGE OF CHOICE FOR INTERVIEW BUT AS A QSW that choice does not exist, u Are not even on their priority list. It's better for u to fumble & even stammer with d french than speaking eloquently in English.irrespective of d fact dat u choose zero in d form, ur presence at d interview places a responsibility on u to speak french.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ wings....yeah that is true. MANOYLO IS STIL THERE. He seems to av Hibernated. I hope he's not depressd with d long wait after medicals. I think he took his medicals b4 u,right?

wingsofmaybe7777

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011 Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received 04/04/2011
AOR Received.
09/05/2011 Federal
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011

egrace62 said:
@ wings....yeah that is true. MANOYLO IS STIL THERE. He seems to av Hibernated. I hope he's not depressd with d long wait after medicals. I think he took his medicals b4 u,right?
Yes he got his MR before me. He finished them right away and since then... nothing. We try and check on each other through PMs since we have pretty much the same time frame.

My guess would be the beginning of August for PPR. Let's see what happens. My ecas is in process. Hows everything on your end? Now that you did your medicals (COGRATS, BTW?

Patrick_Silva

Jul 9, 2011
@dided
I noticed that French version of this website show the minimum points to be 59 and used different points scheme while the English version 55. Is it confirmed to be 55 or it might have been changed with the latest changes after Feb 2011 ?

@ egrace62
Yes, I expect to communicate in French during interview. But I specified my skills in French to be zero as I'll be depending on officer assessment for my French skills and don't have TEF. I could evaluate my French to be intermediate but I don't want to calculate French points as it is variant and based on officer point of view, so I assume it is zero to see my possible chances.

I expect my points to be at 49 or 54 (need to be validated) without Adaptability and French skills factors as I have a permanent offer ( It is validated as well as I already work according to my call to Quebec government ). In addition, I began in the process for moving to Montreal (CAQ).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lenny230

Jul 20, 2011
Hello everyone.

My name is Lenny and I am totally new on the forum. I am a QSW candidate and just sent my application on Saturday 16 jul 2011. According to DHL it was delivered to the BIQ in Mexico City on Mon 18 jul 2011 and signed for by a staff member called "Marcos Solis".

I know I have a very long wait ahead. I have been reading in different forums that the average time to get the CSQ from the BIQ in Mexico is 6 months but I am getting concerned that processing times in this office seem to have become slow.

It took me many months to gather all the necessary documents and I can strongly affirm that my application is absolutely complete (almost immaculate) according to what they require: signed forms, work certificates, academic diplomas and transcripts, language tests with high scores in both French (TEFaQ and DELF B2) and English (IELTS), etc, and even documents of relatives living in Québec. I hope I can be waived from the interview and get my CSQ in less than 6 months.

I will share this adventure with you guys until I finally get my visa. I will be patient.

Cheers,
Lenny

mk24

Jul 10, 2011
lenny,

Nice to read abt ur application.
wish u all the best.
would appreciate if you can keep me posted about the progress of ur application.
my biq is also mexico, and i will send in my application next month after my ielts exam next wkend.
my email is mkspk24@gmail.com.

darkbd

Jul 20, 2011
Dear quebec2011,
I am just a beginner. I would like to apply for immigration to Canada through Quebec process. Fairly speaking I don't know nothing about that process. I have just complete online assessment and it is showing me eligible. I have studied in this forum few discussion about Quebec immigration. Thats all about my knowledge about Quebec Immigration process. Even I don't have friends & Family in Canada or in Quebec. Find my detail below and experts please come forward to help me.

I am a Bangladeshi and for Quebec our visa office will be Hong Kong. I have more than 6.5 years of professional experience in Software Development and Telecommunication. Have B.Sc in Computer Science & Engineering (4 years). Age : 30. Married. Number of children: 02 . I have IELTS avg BRAND: 6.5 [L-6 , R- 6.5 , W-6.5 and S- 7.5].

My spouse have completed M.Sc. in psychology, working in a Bank for the last 5.5 years. No IELTS score but she can give certificate from her employer that their official language in "English".

We dont have any French proficiency yet. I have admitted in Alliance Francaise da dhaka in intensive course of 3+3=6 months [weekly 8 hours] and my spouse admitted in Alliance Francaise da dhaka in extensive course of 3+3=6 months [weekly 4 hours].

Can we apply now for Quebec? I have talked with a lawyer and he told me that we can apply at this stage showing that we are learning french and it will be enough?

I don't want to go through lawyer as they are very costly. Is there anybody who can give me suggestion what can I do and how can I? We are seriously looking for immigration. Please somebody help me. I have already share all my information above -- How many point I will get? At this level of our french will we get any point?

Thanks

Asad

supersuper

Mar 1, 2011
Hi,Patrick_Silva

May I know when did you receive the call for interview.Did you receive the letter before the interview call which let you know in the waiting list?Thanks,buddy! :)

Patrick_Silva said:
Dear All,

I've applied for Quebec CSQ and I received interview call (September - NYC ). I'm confused about the required points ( 55,57 or 59 for a single ).

Can please some senior help me with understanding the point system for Quebec ( I applied on March after the new changes ).

Below are my particulars please advice.

Principal applicant (Single) :-

Qualifications:- BSc Computer Science 2003 Egypt
MSc Computer Science 2008 Canada (Ottawa University)
PhD Computer Science IP Canada (Ottawa University) ~ one year only done, expected to be graduated on 2013.
Experience in the relating field:- 6 years
*Worked as Teaching assistant and Research assistant for one year and a half in Canadian University (also, I published over 3 publications in well-known journals and conferences)
*Worked on multi-national company in Canada for the Rest and have a permanent offer.

English:- IELTS (Speaking 6.5 , Listening 6 ); I studied MSc and PhD in Canada with English
French :- I studied it for 3 years in the secondary school but I haven't practiced it for long time ( I marked my French skill as Zero or one in the application; In addition, I started studying it again but I don't want to depend on French factor in the interview; I'm going to ask for talking in English as it is official and I have to be accurate).

Funds:- Enough and I have other sources of income.

No family in Quebec

I visited Montreal one or more. In addition, I went to Gatineau several times and I'm intending to move to it by the next 3 monthes.

Job offer in Quebec: I have permanent offer from my company. I could sum the info like the following:
* Ottawa lab covers Ottawa, Rideau and Gatineau which technically considered at Quebec as well.
* I have contacted HR to obtain a letter to show that I could move to Montreal when I have CSQ. (still pending)

Can someone please help me with the point system. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks...

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts,

I am going to apply for Quebec immigration within 2-3 weeks or so. And thinking to start Learning french from Private institute. my planning is to learn at least A1 and A2 module. But my question is that next available exam date for A1 and A2 exams in my city (Alliance) is in May 2012. What if i get the interview before May 2012 and i dont have result of A1 and A2?
Can expert let me know what should be done in this case?

Thanks

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hi experts,

A few questions coming from a potential applicant in Dubai:

-Now that the office handling Middle East applications has moved to Montreal, where is the interview likely to take place?
-They say that the TEF or TCF speeds up your application..........does anyone know by how much? Mef, the expert on the Provincial board says it doesn't make much of a difference.

I actually changed my plans from FSW to Quebec because my NOC code is more like 4163 or 0123 which isn't eligible, it's close to NOC 1122 but not really close enough and I don't want to risk rejection.

Thanks,

Vishal

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
darkbd said:
Dear quebec2011,
I am just a beginner. I would like to apply for immigration to Canada through Quebec process. Fairly speaking I don't know nothing about that process. I have just complete online assessment and it is showing me eligible. I have studied in this forum few discussion about Quebec immigration. Thats all about my knowledge about Quebec Immigration process. Even I don't have friends & Family in Canada or in Quebec. Find my detail below and experts please come forward to help me.

I am a Bangladeshi and for Quebec our visa office will be Hong Kong. I have more than 6.5 years of professional experience in Software Development and Telecommunication. Have B.Sc in Computer Science & Engineering (4 years) - Did you study in Bangladesh? check this link http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_BANGLADESH.pdf. Area of Training - 6 pts Age : 30 - 16 pts . Married. Number of children: 02 - 8 pts. I have IELTS avg BRAND: 6.5 [L-6 - 2pts , R- 6.5 , W-6.5 and S- 7.5 - 3 pts].

My spouse have completed M.Sc. in psychology - 3 pts, working in a Bank for the last 5.5 years - Area of Training - 0. No IELTS score but she can give certificate from her employer that their official language in "English" - will not earn you any point anyway.

We dont have any French proficiency yet. I have admitted in Alliance Francaise da dhaka in intensive course of 3+3=6 months [weekly 8 hours] and my spouse admitted in Alliance Francaise da dhaka in extensive course of 3+3=6 months [weekly 4 hours]. Good, try and learn basic French, from your profile i will suggest level A2 for you and A1 for your spouse at least

Can we apply now for Quebec? I have talked with a lawyer and he told me that we can apply at this stage showing that we are learning french and it will be enough? Yes this is true, you can apply now and claim points for French. Include registration documents and continue learning french. You will have enough time to study before they call you for interview.

I don't want to go through lawyer as they are very costly. You don't need to as the whole process is straight forward Is there anybody who can give me suggestion what can I do and how can I? A lot of us here can guide you, just keep sending in your questions. We are seriously looking for immigration. Please somebody help me. I have already share all my information above -- How many point I will get? At this level of our french will we get any point?

please clarify the points for your educational level by visting the link i sent, add up your points afterwards and revert for further guidance.

You may also wish to use the format below when responding to make it easier for us to analyse. Good luck.

1. Training
a. Educational Attainment –
b. Area of Training –
2. Experience -
3. Age -
4. Language
a. English -
b. French -
5. Family and Stay in Quebec -
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment -
b. Area of Training -
c. Age -
d. French -
7. Validated Job Offer -
8. Children –
9. Financial Self Sufficiency –

Thanks

Asad

Total:

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
You have filed a very strong application indeed. Is your area of training in the priority list? Your application will most likely processed fast. Wishing you all the best and don't forget to share the good news when it comes.

Lenny230 said:
Hello everyone.

My name is Lenny and I am totally new on the forum. I am a QSW candidate and just sent my application on Saturday 16 jul 2011. According to DHL it was delivered to the BIQ in Mexico City on Mon 18 jul 2011 and signed for by a staff member called "Marcos Solis".

I know I have a very long wait ahead. I have been reading in different forums that the average time to get the CSQ from the BIQ in Mexico is 6 months but I am getting concerned that processing times in this office seem to have become slow.

It took me many months to gather all the necessary documents and I can strongly affirm that my application is absolutely complete (almost immaculate) according to what they require: signed forms, work certificates, academic diplomas and transcripts, language tests with high scores in both French (TEFaQ and DELF B2) and English (IELTS), etc, and even documents of relatives living in Québec. I hope I can be waived from the interview and get my CSQ in less than 6 months.

I will share this adventure with you guys until I finally get my visa. I will be patient.

Cheers,
Lenny

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
harit79 said:
Hello Experts,

I am going to apply for Quebec immigration within 2-3 weeks or so. And thinking to start Learning french from Private institute. my planning is to learn at least A1 and A2 module. But my question is that next available exam date for A1 and A2 exams in my city (Alliance) is in May 2012. What if i get the interview before May 2012 and i dont have result of A1 and A2?
Can expert let me know what should be done in this case? Your french level can always be tested at the interview. French proficiency test is not a must anyway just that it gives you a conclusive french level so you will be able to calculate your points easily before filing an application and also helps speed up your application processing.

Thanks

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Funkdakarma said:
Hi experts,

A few questions coming from a potential applicant in Dubai:

-Now that the office handling Middle East applications has moved to Montreal, where is the interview likely to take place? - I am sure they will choose a location in the middle east when the time comes. This should not bother you now, just go ahead and file your application if your documents are ready.
-They say that the TEF or TCF speeds up your application - well, they stated that in the immigration guide, website and application form..........does anyone know by how much? Mef, the expert on the Provincial board says it doesn't make much of a difference. i don't think the difference is much but include it if you can else submit your application first and update your file later. Submitting a french result does not automatically cancel the possibility of being invited for an interview. You may still be called for interview if they want to clarify other documents yu submitted and if they do, you will need between 8 to 12 months to obtain your CSQ unless your AOT is part of the priority list

I actually changed my plans from FSW to Quebec because my NOC code is more like 4163 or 0123 which isn't eligible, it's close to NOC 1122 but not really close enough and I don't want to risk rejection. Good decision bro!

Thanks,

Vishal