April 2017
mskr said:

How many days require to get CSQ?
About 2000 days ;) ;) ;D 8) :p :p

SHAISHMA

Sep 30, 2015
SHAISHMA said:
Dear Experts,

I have received 'Votre demande de certificat de sélection du Québec‏' letter from Quebec authorities, assessed on August 19, 2015. Need some clarification and guidance on total points required.

Overall I have scored 58 points as of now. However, under employability criteria I have 49 points, short by 1 against 50 points. Authorities have given me time till November 17th to revert with any additional documents which can help me to cover this shortfall. Currently, I am planning for IELTS through which I can secure minimum additional 4 points and will clear the employability criteria, taking me to 62 in total.

Recently I have seen news regarding removal of 'adaptability criteria'. I am little confused and uncertain about the implications of this new development. Do I still need to make 63 points in total or I should be fine with 57 (points for married applicant) per new rules.

I would really appreciate if someone can guide in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Shailesh

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Stylove said:
About 2000 days ;) ;) ;D 8) :p :p
It's unbelievable why it takes that long. I hope the coming of this new online system will greatly reduce processing times.

CIC has moved forward in that light (from about 2 years to 6 months), so one will expect them to do same.

Fingers crossed

mehdinorouzi

Oct 5, 2015
Hi,

I got the "intend to reject your application" in June and I returned all the documents I was asked. My documents were received on Sep 8. and on Oct 1, I got the rejection email because of my certified copies were not on the proper format. However, I am going to file for administrative review. Do you guys have any advice? Should I provide the certified copies and send it with my letter? In addition in the immigration-quebec website I found below comment:

You cannot submit a request for an administrative review if:

you received a letter from us indicating that the Ministère:
intends to reject or rejects your request,

What do you guys think? Can I file for administrative review? Please send any comments if you have.

unsaf

Sep 21, 2015
kanarf said:
silasnjita said:
Hello Stylove,
Thanks for the reply

So how does one get invited to attend?? I have never applied to Quebec before, but I have all my documents now ready.

I'll be pleased if you can help with information on how to proceed.

Yaounde is the capital of Cameroon, and am from Cameroon. Am bout a 100km from Yaounde

The missions are for persons that have applied and were invited to attend and interview

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
mehdinorouzi said:
Hi,

I got the "intend to reject your application" in June and I returned all the documents I was asked. My documents were received on Sep 8. and on Oct 1, I got the rejection email because of my certified copies were not on the proper format. However, I am going to file for administrative review. Do you guys have any advice? Should I provide the certified copies and send it with my letter? In addition in the immigration-quebec website I found below comment:

What do you guys think? Can I file for administrative review? Please send any comments if you have.
U cannot go for admin review but u can reopen ur file the proper request. Msg me on sunil.always.says@gmail.com il guide u ...but more importantly can u share ur timeline and what docs exactly did they request and what did u submit...all of this helps me understand guide u accordingly.

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
mehdinorouzi said:
Hi,

Sorry for the 'intent to reject'. Am not sure you can file for administrative review.
What format were your Certified copies in that made them rejected?? And what documents were they? Your response will help.

Wishing the best.

mehdinorouzi

Oct 5, 2015
silasnjita said:
Sorry for the 'intent to reject'. Am not sure you can file for administrative review.
What format were your Certified copies in that made them rejected?? And what documents were they? Your response will help.

Wishing the best.
Thanks for your answer. I opened my case in 2011 and after 2 months I got my file number. Then I didn't hear anything from them until June 2015 that they asked me to submit the translation of all of my diplomas from my high school, and the certified copies of them, as well as the translation and certified copies of proof of my work experiences. In addition, they asked the same documents for my wife. I sent back all the requested documents in September and on Oct 1st, I got the rejection email with the following reasons:

- Photocopy of your diplomas
- Photocopy of your transcripts for your university degree (Bachelor)
- Photocopy of proof of legality of the experience gained during the
five years preceding the filing of your selection certificate application
They should be submitted in the "certified copy" format.

However, I provided the certified copy by the official translator to the judiciary, because notaries didn't provide the English certified copy seal. As far as I know, all notaries work under judiciary supervision. So I believe that my certified copies should have been approved but they didn't accept it.

On the other hand I think if I reopen my case then I have to wait another 4-5 years and pay all the payments again.

So, what is your idea in this case?

SHAISHMA

Sep 30, 2015
@ Lammawitch, MIDI has mentioned that currently due to insufficient points under employability factor (49 against 50 - short by 1), I do not qualify. However, further they mentioned to submit any additional documents which can help me to overcome this shortfall, which is why I am undertaking IELTS currently. Through IELTS, I can score between 4-6 points, which will enable me to cross the hurdle of employability factor. Relatively easy piece.

My confusion is mainly due to removal of 'adaptability criteria'. I am not sure what will be impact of this in my case and do I need to score 63 per old assessment of 57 per new rule.

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Shailesh

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SHAISHMA said:
@ Lammawitch, MIDI has mentioned that currently due to insufficient points under employability factor (49 against 50 - short by 1), I do not qualify. However, further they mentioned to submit any additional documents which can help me to overcome this shortfall, which is why I am undertaking IELTS currently. Through IELTS, I can score between 4-6 points, which will enable me to cross the hurdle of employability factor. Relatively easy piece.

My confusion is mainly due to removal of 'adaptability criteria'. I am not sure what will be impact of this in my case and do I need to score 63 per old assessment of 57 per new rule.

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Shailesh
Minimum points if you are married is now 57.

Good luck with IELTS, I'm crossing my fingers for you! :)

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

Given that one applies for CSQ as a single candidate with min points of 49.

I know getting CSQ takes quite a while, so one might get married during processing. How does one update Quebec immigration about change of status(from single applicant to married), what becomes of one's file?? How is it now treated?

Your responses will be appreciated.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silasnjita said:
Hi Guys,

Given that one applies for CSQ as a single candidate with min points of 49.

I know getting CSQ takes quite a while, so one might get married during processing. How does one update Quebec immigration about change of status(from single applicant to married), what becomes of one's file?? How is it now treated?

Your responses will be appreciated.
You would complete this form and send it to MIDI with the necessary documents (which are listed in the form):
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Lammawitch said:
You would complete this form and send it to MIDI with the necessary documents (which are listed in the form):
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf
Thanks

binny_31

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Hi Experts,

I have applied under FSW 2014 and will be getting visa next week. My employer is giving me intra company transfer to Montreal office. I have read in different forums that I can't directly land in montreal(quebec region). However, I can land in some other region lets say Toronto and then can move to Montreal after getting SIN from Toronto and starts working there.

Please suggest If above is true else what needs to be done to work from Montreal?