+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

gEscobar

Aug 21, 2015
Lammawitch said:
You will find loads of helpful information in the family sponsorship section of this site. In the meantime, start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

And be sure to follow & read the link to Quebec requirements.

You need to apply for Outland spousal sponsorship. Yes, the sponsorship application needs to be sent to Canada, but *if* (and it doesn't always happen) an interview is required, it will be arranged in your country of residence.
Thank you! So meaning to say if my husband send his application in canada while he's here in the Philippines and if they ask for interview my husband need's to come back to his country ?

henriquelm

Aug 25, 2015
Timeline - Quebec's Immigration Process

If you would like to know the average time you will have to wait to each stage of the Quebec's Immigration Process, please visit:

www i-timelines.com/calendar

This timeline is available in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.

I urge you to add your data to the timeline as well, the more people we have added the more accurate is the timeline.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gEscobar said:
Thank you! So meaning to say if my husband send his application in canada while he's here in the Philippines and if they ask for interview my husband need's to come back to his country ?
No, I'm saying the opposite.

His country of residence is the Philippines. Moreover, it would be highly unusual for a sponsor to be called to interview. When an interview is required (and it is not always required), it's the applicant (you in this case) who is interviewed.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Timeline - Quebec's Immigration Process

henriquelm said:
If you would like to know the average time you will have to wait to each stage of the Quebec's Immigration Process, please visit:

www i-timelines.com/calendar

This timeline is available in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.

I urge you to add your data to the timeline as well, the more people we have added the more accurate is the timeline.

There is also a very useful spreadsheet with timelines in the Family Sponsorship section of this site. I personally would not be filling in data on a random site with no clue as to who is running the site and what they are using the data for. Especially when the link is posted by someone who has no other posts here :(.

henriquelm

Aug 25, 2015

Lammawitch said:
There is also a very useful spreadsheet with timelines in the Family Sponsorship section of this site. I personally would not be filling in data on a random site with no clue as to who is running the site and what they are using the data for. Especially when the link is posted by someone who has no other posts here :(.
Don't worry Lammawitch, the website is not mine but I trust it. You can look at my timeline there searching for my name "Henrique Marrocos".

Most of the people who uses this website are Brazilians and I would like people from all over the world to use it as well, so I can get a more precise idea of how the process is going.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

henriquelm said:
Don't worry Lammawitch, the website is not mine but I trust it. You can look at my timeline there searching for my name "Henrique Marrocos".

Most of the people who uses this website are Brazilians and I would like people from all over the world to use it as well, so I can get a more precise idea of how the process is going.
That's fine if you trust it. I'm sure it's a useful resource.

I was merely stating that I don't. I'm very very careful about data-sharing on the Internet, having had personal accounts hacked and data misused in the past.

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
People shouldn't use their real names on that site. If you simply used a 'made up' username instead of your real name, it's protects your privacy and also provides a very useful resources for others.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
mkshah said:
Yes,
so.. what do you think from this article?
Will all applications prior to Aug 2013 be treated according to the rules applicable at the time of submitting the application?
or it will be specific to applications submitted during a certain time period??

forum members... pls give your comments, suggestions, opinions about it..
Hi Mkshah I don't think anyone can use this for an appeal just yet because this matter is still before the courts because the government had made an appeal for this case. So we will have to wait on that final decision after the appeal which can be a long drawn out process.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
pratap singh said:
i got intention to reject on may 8 ,2015, after that i sent form ITRV ,acknowledgemnt ITRV and also tax exemption letter from assistant commissioner of income tax on june, 29 2015. and got rejection letter on august 21, 2015.

they mentioned in rejection letter form ITR and acknowledgement ITRV not accepted as legality of work experience.
Hey

Sorry to hear this...that seems a bit harsh. Can you not send like a job letter to show that you were legally employed along with social security contributions etc? Surely, there's some way to prove legality of work exp. Can you not get like a print out of tax return or a certificate showing proof that you're up to date on taxes etc?

henriquelm

Aug 25, 2015
cryptic0 said:
People shouldn't use their real names on that site. If you simply used a 'made up' username instead of your real name, it's protects your privacy and also provides a very useful resources for others.
I agree cryptic0, I am using my real name now that I am close to the end of the process.

Btw, sorry to you all for having posted about the timeline on this topic, I should have created a new post for that. I either didn't see the "new post" button or it wasn't available for me right after I created my account.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
mkshah said:
Hi Bajan4Quebec,
Nice to see you too.. yes it's been long time since I visited this forum...
Well, I haven't received any document showing my points but I received a document asking additional documents from my side...

and why do you say that things are done on case to case basis..?
pls share any real cases which you came across for this ..

I know we all have waited so long.. for me it is now 44+ months..
May god bless us all with CSQ and then canadian PR :)
wish you good luck for your Quebec application...
Hey Mkshah

I say case by case, because when it comes to your file they apply different standards. Take my case for example, I applied in 2011 and i'm faced with 2013 rules to reach B2. I know you'll say other people had to do that - but what i'm saying is because they have merged 2011 applicants somewhat with 2013 it can only be done case by case because the passing bar has changed dramatically for 2011 especially. iv'e been waiting 44+ months as well and i'm wondering if they could have applied 2013 rules to me if the same can be done for the 2015 so I can benefit from the lower score...but with me they appear to be applying old and new simultaneously. It's still not that objective...

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
My goodness -- 44 months? That's a very long wait. Can you give us more details? Why is it taking so long? Is this just to get CSQ or are you at Federal stage?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cryptic0 said:
My goodness -- 44 months? That's a very long wait. Can you give us more details? Why is it taking so long? Is this just to get CSQ or are you at Federal stage?
Not really, have you seen the processing times as posted by Immigration Quebec? And the processing times posted by CIC *after* CSQ?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey Mkshah

I say case by case, because when it comes to your file they apply different standards. Take my case for example, I applied in 2011 and i'm faced with 2013 rules to reach B2. I know you'll say other people had to do that - but what i'm saying is because they have merged 2011 applicants somewhat with 2013 it can only be done case by case because the passing bar has changed dramatically for 2011 especially. iv'e been waiting 44+ months as well and i'm wondering if they could have applied 2013 rules to me if the same can be done for the 2015 so I can benefit from the lower score...but with me they appear to be applying old and new simultaneously. It's still not that objective...
oh.. thats really strange.. how is it possible to treat an application simultaneously with rules of 2011 as well as rules of 2013... :eek:

If anyone have stored the old pdf files of GPI files for 2011 and for the months when they changed rules??
pls share it here..