Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am civil structural engineer from India. I have sent my application in June 2012.
After 2-3 months, I have received my complete file back stating that some forms are of older version. But in the letter, there was some number "HA_ _ _" was written. In April 2013, I have received another letter from Quebec stating that my DD is expired and was asked for a new one. Later, I have sent my credit card number to them on 2nd July.
Now my question is that I have just received a sms on my phone that CAD 1070 are charged on my credit card by GOVERNMENT DU QUEBEC. I want to know my application is in which stage right now ?
Does accepting fees means than my application is accepted by government ?
and how much time will it take more for interview ?

Thanks a lot. Please help !!!
Abhishek

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Reposting here.. please advice experts & seniors ...

Hi All

If someone wants to apply for student visa in anyother province then Quebec, while he has already applied for CSQ - Will it affect the CSQ process..?

Would it make negative impact on CSQ or would it be an advantage of having education from Canadian society..?

Please share your thoughts.... thanks

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vicky4frendz said:
Reposting here.. please advice experts & seniors ...

Hi All

If someone wants to apply for student visa in anyother province then Quebec, while he has already applied for CSQ - Will it affect the CSQ process..?

Would it make negative impact on CSQ or would it be an advantage of having education from Canadian society..?

Please share your thoughts.... thanks
sure it will affect it, also why to spend money as international student,
if you go as international student you can apply as PEQ or QEP//forgot the spelling and get federal.

krishhmurali

May 14, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-July-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Feb-2016/ submitted 25 - Apr -2016
Nomination.....
Not Yet
AOR Received.
23-oct-2013
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi Can you tell me from Which email id we will be getting the file number notification and further communications.

since my inbox is always flooded this will help me to set a trigger or flag.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
krishhmurali said:
Hi Can you tell me from Which email id we will be getting the file number notification and further communications.

since my inbox is always flooded this will help me to set a trigger or flag.
You will get it by regular post so don't worry.Thats what they do nowadays.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Being serious for a minute a few points I would like to make as an observer and regular reador of the posts on this forum.

If you think that to live in another country with a different language to your own with only basic knowledge of the language (in this case Fench), you really are dreaming a little bit, aren't you???

Speaking from experience I live in France and have lived here 6 years and I have levels C1 and C2 in TEFAQ test and trust me it still is not good enough and is a great handicap, when seeking out a better job. IOf you are only aiming for A1, A2 and B1 and B2 then I would suggest striving a little higher. You are not going to learn French in 6 months. Yes you will be able to buy your milk and bread but fully integrate within a Francophone society, please be serious people.

I am glad that Quebec has raised the barrier for the language results, it just reflects reality and the level that is needed to integrate correctly in to Quebec society, but i think even B2 is too low to really integrate.

As for people moaning about the changin of the criteria for CSQ, please remeber that Quebec is a democracy and that they can pretty much choose who they want, it is their right as a democratic state to change their immigration criteria as and when they choose.

I suppose for those of you who have applied for CSQ just to enter Canada and have no intention of staying in quebec I guess it just "tant pis pour vous", they just made it a little harder for you, and by doing this you are just making this more complicated for those of us that really want to settle in Quebec.

Like I said it has taken me more than 6 years to get to C1 and C2 level and trust me I know I am going to have problems due to the language level that I have, I have problems in France and I have been here a long time. If you think that 6 months with AF is going to get you somewhere think again folks you are only feluding yourselves.

The moral of the story is only apply for CSQ if you really want to settle in Quebec and aim serisously higher in French and take the time to learn correctly C1 should be the minimum level you aim for.

rant over lol

nil_3112

Jul 19, 2013
Hey friends
Can you tell me, I have received AOR on 29th July 2013, and I have cleared my French level A2 in both speaking and listening , so any one tell me please should I send my original TCFQ Result to the monterial for the prilimary process.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
Being serious for a minute a few points I would like to make as an observer and regular reador of the posts on this forum.

If you think that to live in another country with a different language to your own with only basic knowledge of the language (in this case Fench), you really are dreaming a little bit, aren't you???

Speaking from experience I live in France and have lived here 6 years and I have levels C1 and C2 in TEFAQ test and trust me it still is not good enough and is a great handicap, when seeking out a better job. IOf you are only aiming for A1, A2 and B1 and B2 then I would suggest striving a little higher. You are not going to learn French in 6 months. Yes you will be able to buy your milk and bread but fully integrate within a Francophone society, please be serious people.

I am glad that Quebec has raised the barrier for the language results, it just reflects reality and the level that is needed to integrate correctly in to Quebec society, but i think even B2 is too low to really integrate.

As for people moaning about the changin of the criteria for CSQ, please remeber that Quebec is a democracy and that they can pretty much choose who they want, it is their right as a democratic state to change their immigration criteria as and when they choose.

I suppose for those of you who have applied for CSQ just to enter Canada and have no intention of staying in quebec I guess it just "tant pis pour vous", they just made it a little harder for you, and by doing this you are just making this more complicated for those of us that really want to settle in Quebec.

Like I said it has taken me more than 6 years to get to C1 and C2 level and trust me I know I am going to have problems due to the language level that I have, I have problems in France and I have been here a long time. If you think that 6 months with AF is going to get you somewhere think again folks you are only feluding yourselves.

The moral of the story is only apply for CSQ if you really want to settle in Quebec and aim serisously higher in French and take the time to learn correctly C1 should be the minimum level you aim for.

rant over lol

Your point is absolutely valid, that only who can communicate fluently in French can survive in Quebec, But another fact we have to remember is a multicultural society cannot survive with a handicap they impose themselves on the kind of migrants they take. French fluent population who can attain level B2 or above around the world should be around 100 million, of this, most of them should be in France and Quebec, and the remaining will be scattered around North Africa. Thus, Quebec is limiting itself to take in applications from this region alone. This will bring down the competitiveness as people who have relevant skills are either going to miss out on this, or people will find other options. In my case, I genuinely intend to stay in Quebec because of few qualities which I wanted, which are missing on other options, specifically Australia and other Canadian Provinces. So with the language changes I will decide not to apply and will settle down in my home country. Note, I am well off in my home country, and prefer to stay here if not Quebec.

Also, its practically impossible to have such huge migration target with very high french requirements, which require 6 years of effort to attain. With limited AOT list and high French requirements, it may end up with Quebec missing out significantly on its Migration target. The other side of the problem will be with more AOT list, giving more points for many occupations, will end up with more non francophone applying and will be counter productive on the French targets.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:

I totally agree about learning French, since I am from francophone country and studied French long time at school, and I still need a lot, because TCFQ or TEFAQ cant be compared to TEF exam.

But regarding B2 level, I totally disagree you and the rules, because they need immigrants, they need skills, they need talents which are not available in francophone countries, also they talents/skills/experts are mostly available in Asia without French level.

Did you hear about any Canadian scientist or space invasion?

They should be strict only about families adaptability, but for singles/single couples not at all required ;)

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
swamik said:
Your point is absolutely valid, that only who can communicate fluently in French can survive in Quebec, But another fact we have to remember is a multicultural society cannot survive with a handicap they impose themselves on the kind of migrants they take. French fluent population who can attain level B2 or above around the world should be around 100 million, of this, most of them should be in France and Quebec, and the remaining will be scattered around North Africa. Thus, Quebec is limiting itself to take in applications from this region alone. This will bring down the competitiveness as people who have relevant skills are either going to miss out on this, or people will find other options. In my case, I genuinely intend to stay in Quebec because of few qualities which I wanted, which are missing on other options, specifically Australia and other Canadian Provinces. So with the language changes I will decide not to apply and will settle down in my home country. Note, I am well off in my home country, and prefer to stay here if not Quebec.

Also, its practically impossible to have such huge migration target with very high french requirements, which require 6 years of effort to attain. With limited AOT list and high French requirements, it may end up with Quebec missing out significantly on its Migration target. The other side of the problem will be with more AOT list, giving more points for many occupations, will end up with more non francophone applying and will be counter productive on the French targets.
I agree with you swamik. What Quebec is doing, by raising language requirement, is a dead end. They are already in a little trouble with high unemployment rate and aging society. Now basically refusing agile, young experts from coming into the province, just because they could not achieve high french levels YET, is a big mistake. It is much easier, and more logical to learn C1/C2 french AFTER you arrive in Quebec, there are actually free 330 hour courses for fresh immigrants, and you can take more of those for free (up to 1100 hours I think). Having A2/B1 levels, to be able to make yourself understood, then improving it further in Quebec once you get in, makes much more sense, than limiting quality of applicants just because Quebec would like to spare money on language courses. Basically with these rules, Quebec is trying to get skilled workers from France, to meet targets, which France will not let them do in the long term, so northern Africa will stay the only option, and maybe Romania, Moldova, Ukraine.

On the other hand though, by changing these rules retroactively, after many of us put lots of money into gathering documents, going to french courses, exams, and after they have taken our fees from our Credit Cards, so changing rules after all this, I would say it is not us, who say "tant pis pour vous"...

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
I totally agree about learning French, since I am from francophone country and studied French long time at school, and I still need a lot, because TCFQ or TEFAQ cant be compared to TEF exam.

But regarding B2 level, I totally disagree you and the rules, because they need immigrants, they need skills, they need talents which are not available in francophone countries, also they talents/skills/experts are mostly available in Asia without French level.

Did you hear about any Canadian scientist or space invasion?

They should be strict only about families adaptability, but for singles/single couples not at all required ;)
you may be wrong, immigrants with kids will have to necessarily put their wards in the french school, hence they will have the chance to interact with the french speakers more often, which can improve their French skills quickly. However, Singles and Couples will either interact with themselves or with their work group, hence they may not( i am insisting on may not here, because it is not always) improve faster...

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
swamik said:

The point is that to work, you will need more than likely to pass an interview in French and then be able to communicate clearly with your new collegues in French.

I am not saying it is impossible I am just saying that without a superior level of French it will be very difficult. I got lucky I had an English speaking job when I came to France, so there are exceptions to the rule.

If I did not have the level of French that I have now I would certainly be looking at an English speaking province and not Quebec. I do understand the attraction of Quebec for thos people genuinely interested by this province, it is beautiful and for me has a perfect balance of my life. I class myself as Franglaphone, so neither anglophone or Francophone and a mix of both cultures so I feel very at home when I visit.

By the way anyone had their file recived by Montreal the beginning of April who have since received AOR or had the fees charged to their cards/dd encashed?

QuebecPEQ

Jul 17, 2013
Titoualfruk said:

rant over lol
Sorry, I've lived in Quebec for 3 years with a B1-B2 level of French and what you're saying just isn't true. I think a lot of people on this thread are slightly delusional with how easy it is to learn French however.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Basically the point I ma trying to make is that evidently the higher your level of French the easier it will be to integrate. I did not say is was impossible.

Evidently once you live in a country and you start to interact with people in that country in their native language it becomes easier and you learn quicker their language. It all depends on the amount of effort you are willing to put in as the result you get out.

It usually goes as follows:

1st three months - it's like being on holidays, it's all new and you start to explore.

3rd to 6th Month - Doubt as if you have done the right thing, made the right choices oh my god need to find a job (I call this the reality check stage - yep your no longer in Kansas Dorothy)

1st year - is the hardest but if you can get through that then after it gets easier, and if you have managed to find work it makes things even easier.

If you can get past years 2 and 3 then your pretty much integrated and have survived :)

I also thing the language change part is also to do with the fact that many people are using CSQ as a way into Canada, I have seen posts already on this forum as proof of that. I think this is just a way to say ok this guy is serious he wants the points for French he's done the investment to get to this certain level. It shows in a certain way a commitment. They will still let others enter who reach certain levels, there is no way that they could stop this from happening. I think maybe and it is just my opinion is that it shows commitment to Quebec if you have ahigher French level.

Maybe I'm right matbe I'm wrong who knows. Will wait and see what happens with our C1 and C2 levels.

QuebecPEQ

Jul 17, 2013
The thing with Quebec is that there is a very strong English speaking population as well, especially in Montreal, if your French isn't perfect you're going to find people switch to English on you when you try and speak it. It's VERY hard to put into practice what you learn in class in Montreal, maybe not so much the more remote areas. That's the problem I found anyway, it's not practical to go around in real life telling people to switch back and that you want to practice, especially when you are working, with your family, etc.