+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
everything will be clear after 1 august ! Hope for the best see my post before my body language was same as u urs whenever u ll call them they ll give u a new answer cos in call center every new person have a new opinion specially if u have spoken to a french they ll never actually understand what u said

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hi,

Most of you people are lucky that you have already submitted your applications,in my case from last 7 months i am trying to submit my application but every time my consultant requires another document even every little detail for my application and i am requesting them to submitt my application as still after submission you can still send more documents as after 1st August no one should even think for getting a CSQ.

I have spended alot of money gathering all documents giving ILETS TEFAQ and ETEFAQ( learning french) and paying my consultant fee :'(

Regards

D

David83

After submitting the CSQ application is it allowed to provide updated information like a new (better) French score?

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
MSFK said:
Hi,

Most of you people are lucky that you have already submitted your applications,in my case from last 7 months i am trying to submit my application but every time my consultant requires another document even every little detail for my application and i am requesting them to submitt my application as still after submission you can still send more documents as after 1st August no one should even think for getting a CSQ.

I have spended alot of money gathering all documents giving ILETS TEFAQ and ETEFAQ( learning french) and paying my consultant fee :'(

Regards
Same here ....I think we have the same consultant,they seem to have trouble responding to emails,asking for so many things that in first case they weren`t needed.

I am confused what to do,either to submit before or after 1 of August?!

abrarmohsin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Please stop discouraging people by saying that french is a must. I have seen many applicants receiving CSQ with zero knowledge of french if they have the required number of points.

Hoback said:
All the CSQ Applicants have to realize that French is a must. I submitted my app. last year, and have been studying French (privat classes) for over a year and a half. I took TEFaQ in July 2012 and obtained B1 score band. Now it should be B2. In three weeks I'm flying out to Montreal for IEC programme to get familiar with Quebec realities.

Elkevdh

May 21, 2013
As everyone seems to be talking about the new rules, I don't know whether it made any difference to rush and send in my application before the end of the month... but anyway; I sent mine through UPS this week. :D

Does anyone have any idea how long it could take for Montreal to send an AOR?
I noticed the processing time for Paris was 11 months, but now Paris doesn't treat the applications anymore, so I'm a bit wondering what the consequences are. Let's hope they only became faster!! ;D ;D

Actually I'm hoping to get priority treatment, if my degree would be equivalent to the Quebec degree of Social Work (which, as far as I could figure out, seems to be the case for a Belgian Social Work degree)... I keep my fingers crossed. If not, patience will have to do. :'(

So, to all of you who are rushing, have rushed, are waiting, getting impatient,... Good luck!! 8)

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest everyone to stop discussing new rules,, because everyone of us has dreams and looking for better/nice life.
we all have same feeling and same dreams to share.

I am sure that the staff at BIQ or Montreal who are picking the calls are helpdesk or call center ;) they dont know about the rules.
I am also sure they arent able you understand your english ;D

New rules will not be applied on new applicants, because when I done my interview and I oct 2010 applicant//b4 dec 2011 (new rules)
I didnt submit english,,, but I took TEFAQ, the officer asked me do you have english test, i answered it wasnt required.

some ppl were asked to take language test, propably their file was weak and needs points, so office gave them another chance ;)

we cant say they won't to cancel 25000 files of xxxxx of files, because federal are introducing new rules, EOI system while quebec refused to be involved into this system, quebec will keep taking 50,000 immigrants.

Asians are the smartest ppl now and hard worker much better than westerns ;) so they will not cancel any application.

but work on french because its french city, you need to be fluent, you can study free courses in quebec but it will take 6 -12 month learning, if you can afford expenses and house rents b4 you get a job

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
oszi said:
This is what they state on the above website:

"Files currently being processed, that is, those for which processing began before August 1, 2013 are reviewed according to the rules currently in effect. Applications for which processing has not yet begun and those received after August 1, 2013, will be reviewed according to the new rules."

Now the question is this: does "processing began" mean AOR, or processing only begins months (or years) after AOR? I think if the latter is true, and because of this applications would be rejected post-AOR, then we should get fees back at least. Also, if for some applicants the number of points would sigificantly decrease because of the new rules (say making it almost impossible to get CSQ at the interview), they should have the option to withdraw their application, and demand fees back.

What do you think?

I think processing begins months after the AOR, as this seems to be my case. My AOR is dated March 2013, but they haven't done preliminary processing yet. Yeah, I agree that they should give our money back if we are qualified in the old rules but not qualified in the new rules, and they apply the new rules to us. That seems to be a lot of money that they're going to garner... it would seem like they're ripping unqualified applicants off their money. :mad: But I suppose they're still thinking of the repercussions of their proposed changes right now. Nothing's official yet until they publish the official rules starting August 1. Their footnote states,

"Note that this notice constitutes a summary of recent changes and that all official documents, particularly ministerial orders that will be published in the Gazette officielle du Québec, take precedence over the information contained in this notice."

Let's wait, pray and hope for the best. :)

oszi said:
I really hope you are right, but they only have 7 days to think it over, otherwise I am telling you, with currently presented new rules on their website, anyone, who is between AOR and actual processing, will be retroactively stripped a lot of points with A1, A2 or B1 language skills. And new AOT list is not even published yet, which will be another significant impact on us. And since processing happens quite late, after many months or years in queue, just before requesting additional docs, or putting you on interview wait list, many of us can be actually affected. Even if they already charged you, since that is done promptly after opening your file, if it is complete and eligible for processing.

It is outrageous, with these rules. I hope they change their mind, or I think there will be another topic called QSW Class Action Lawsuit very soon...

I agree with you, Umer, it's outrageous that they're going to apply new rules to applications that have been submitted based on different rules that were current at time of submission. As of now, they have 6 days to analyze and decide on what they're going to do. I hope they'll see things in their applicants' eyes and understand what we have to go through for this. Again, let's hope for the best.

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
lemans207 said:
I suggest everyone to stop discussing new rules,, because everyone of us has dreams and looking for better/nice life.
we all have same feeling and same dreams to share.

I am sure that the staff at BIQ or Montreal who are picking the calls are helpdesk or call center ;) they dont know about the rules.
I am also sure they arent able you understand your english ;D

New rules will not be applied on new applicants, because when I done my interview and I oct 2010 applicant//b4 dec 2011 (new rules)
I didnt submit english,,, but I took TEFAQ, the officer asked me do you have english test, i answered it wasnt required.

some ppl were asked to take language test, propably their file was weak and needs points, so office gave them another chance ;)

we cant say they won't to cancel 25000 files of xxxxx of files, because federal are introducing new rules, EOI system while quebec refused to be involved into this system, quebec will keep taking 50,000 immigrants.

Asians are the smartest ppl now and hard worker much better than westerns ;) so they will not cancel any application.

but work on french because its french city, you need to be fluent, you can study free courses in quebec but it will take 6 -12 month learning, if you can afford expenses and house rents b4 you get a job
Hi Lemans, liked your bitter truth earlier. Now you are giving healing touches, which is nice....but I also understand that Parti Quebecois found a way to kill those applications which were filed when liberals were in power...so they kind of killed 2 with one shot...but hope for the best and ready for the worst....

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raistlin17phil said:
Quebec's immigration website says that new rules will apply retroactively for those applications that have not yet undergone "preliminary processing". i already got an AOR and my file was already opened, however, preliminary processing has not been done yet to it that's why immigration told me that i am affected by the new rules despite submitting my application and getting an AOR before august 1. they have already mentioned this in this link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/new-procedures.html, however, i'm still hoping that they'll change their mind still once they publish the official rules on or before august 1. the wait is killing me!
To my belief the AOR is only issued after preliminary processing. I have seen many cases of returned documents for not having enough points to proceed during the preliminary stage. Also, for people for whom the document is returned, they return the DD as well or credit card not charged. However, for those already received AOR, the credit card is already debited and hence its not correct to apply new rule and send back the application, unless they decide to return the money as well. Immigration authorities are intelligent enough to decide on when to stop any new processing and not to take the overhead of returning the DD ..

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My opinion..

The immigration authorities, to my belief, do not want any french score that does not allow the individual to gain significantly in the job market. Assuming I migrate to Quebec, and I am not having any important skill that Quebec wants, may be i am in a 6 point or a 0 point AOT, I should atleast try to get a job to sustain there, and such jobs necessarily need the french skill, without which I cannot survive without government assistance. Hence probably they want people only with the French in such cases. Thus the priority will be

extraordinary skills + French
extraordinary skills + English
some skills + Good French

This is the reason they may neglect applications with all other criteria from now on.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
Hallo ,

i have submitted my application to Quebec (QSW) Since May 2011 and i'm planning to do in Nov 2013 the french test.
can anybody advise me what to do TEF or TEFAQ?

appreciate your answers and clarifications

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Umer Shahzad said:
i have given them a call several times and they have told me that they cannot tell me exactly what will happen ! i called them 3 4 days back and they said if there is a rule which will be implemented on you a letter will be written to you. so guy lets relax and see what happens.

Yes they can't say anything exactly....... Just wait and see..........

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
David83 said:
After submitting the CSQ application is it allowed to provide updated information like a new (better) French score?
Yes obviously since it will increase your points.......