U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
shootingstar said:
I'm not sure if DELF is no longer accepted or whether this is specific to my case. the officer made it clear that " I will talk in English and later we can test French". Well, he just asked three questions in French, I'm not sure how he can assess level with that. He did not want us to answer in French, he said " Let's speak in English". MY French was indeed very good, I am a B2 speaker with many years f French experience from high school. I would be ok if he asked my spouse to give TEF because my spouse is a beginner but I don't understand why I need to give the tests, very unfair I would say because I could have completed the whole interview in French!
You should haved asked the officer what's wrong with your DELF Diploma, because as of this time...it is still recognized as supporting document for french language. But then again, the choice is yours to make...you can either take the risk in arguing your case NOW to higher authorities, or just submit what the officer is asking (take TEFAQ and submit the certificate).

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
mayingdts said:
yes, 6 month is not quite enough for your husband to get A2 ... bonne chance, bon courage...
But considering I don't know if your total points are 63 or above, I cant say this result is unfair to you. You know, to your husband, the principal candidate, 2 a1 make 2 points. To you, 2 b2 make 4 points. So the sum is 2+4=6 points. By contrast, to your husband, 2 a1 will be 6 points! So, I guess that maybe your current total point is 61 or 62 that is very close but not attain 63 points. And that's the reason why that guy order you to take a exam of tefaq/tcfaq
I'm even more nervous after reading your post now - 6 months is not enough for A2?
you are right - our current total points are 59/60.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
alq814 said:
You should haved asked the officer what's wrong with your DELF Diploma, because as of this time...it is still recognized as supporting document for french language. But then again, the choice is yours to make...you can either take the risk in arguing your case NOW to higher authorities, or just submit what the officer is asking (take TEFAQ and submit the certificate).
Right now, we have decided to submit TCFQ(not TEF since TEF is harder) scores. We have an exam about 1.5 months from now which sounds as good timing.

mayingdts

Mar 26, 2013
shootingstar said:
I'm even more nervous after reading your post now - 6 months is not enough for A2?
you are right - our current total points are 59/60.
but it's far from a mission impossible,so, bon courage!

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shootingstar said:
Right now, we have decided to submit TCFQ(not TEF since TEF is harder) scores. We have an exam about 1.5 months from now which sounds as good timing.
the reason was you really lack some points, you got B2 but you are not the main applicant, they need more french points from your spouse as the main applicant. the officer was kind because he gave you a chance and suggested TEFaq to you because he knows it is much easier than delf since it is only composed of speaking and listening.

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
new FSW Eligible Occupations List

The eligible occupations stream will have an overall cap of 5,000 new applications and sub-caps of 300 applications in each of the 24 occupations on the list.

Eligible occupations (with their corresponding 2011 National Occupation Classification code):

0211 Engineering managers
1112 Financial and investment analysts
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
2131 Civil engineers
2132 Mechanical engineers
2134 Chemical engineers
2143 Mining engineers
2144 Geological engineers
2145 Petroleum engineers
2146 Aerospace engineers
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
2154 Land surveyors
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
3142 Physiotherapists
3143 Occupational Therapists
3211 Medical laboratory technologists
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
3215 Medical radiation technologists
3216 Medical sonographers
3217 Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)

nurses are not listed here, expect millions of nurse applicants in coming days for QSW. more applicants coming in for QSW meaning more waiting times. i think QSW will be issuing changes because of this. we'll see.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
joidiple said:
nurses are not listed here, expect millions of nurse applicants in coming days for QSW. more applicants coming in for QSW meaning more waiting times. i think QSW will be issuing changes because of this. we'll see.
True! Nurses, business management, information/computer systems analyst, etc arre not here.
QSW is going to get harder!

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
joidiple said:
the reason was you really lack some points, you got B2 but you are not the main applicant, they need more french points from your spouse as the main applicant. the officer was kind because he gave you a chance and suggested TEFaq to you because he knows it is much easier than delf since it is only composed of speaking and listening.
I'm sure we lacked points, but I don't understand the need for me to sit for the test again, its an expensive test! I understand that my husband needs the test scores
And we are doing TCFQ, not TEFQ.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems you can request the plain TEF anytime of the year, it just costs alot more, the TEFQ is only offered in February.

shootingstar said:
You can do DELF now, later give TCFQ.TEFQ too. Well, all this is a lot of money, which is what frustrates me.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
shootingstar said:
I was trying to analyze a lot of such questions before our interview , unfortunately, I learnt one thing - the decision on our case was already made before we even walked into the interview. The officer wanted CIEP results. I don't think it makes sense for me to answer these questions of yours because , according to the officer, "both your profiles are positive and great, but I cannot accept your DELF results. Please send us your CIEP test results, atleast A2, and I will mail your CSQ". This is exactly what he said. I even asked if there is something I can do to improve our profile and send some documents. He said " As i said, you both are a young couple, capable of a bright professional career, speaking great english. I would want a CIEP test result to issue you a CSQ and I will give you 6 months".

Hope that helps!
Dear Shootingstar ,

You mentioned that you already sent your B2 in the past right ? was that DELF B2 official exam ? and what year you took it ?
I really still don't understand the main reason of refusal, if you already made A2 ?

Please ilustarte.

Thank you !

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Is it because the B2 was for the spouce not the main applicant so you didnt get the enough points ?
did you make IELTS ?

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
shootingstar said:
I had my interview today with my spouse(main applicant). The Quebec officer did not grant us the CSQ because we did not have any CIEP results. Strange that the officer wanted this because we applied before Dec 2011. I had submitted my DELF B2 certificate but he inisisted that we should both take the TCF pour Quebec and mail our results.

Otherwise, the interview was pretty calm, but the officer was not a friendly one like many of the applicants report. He verified passports, diplomas, and work experience. He also asked "Why Quebec" and the interview was entirely in English. I think he had his mind made up to make us sit for tests, otherwise he would have given an option to speak in French, or atleast try in French.
I am sorry dear, to hear this, but i assure you that with the help of the almighty God, all will go on well. Just hang in there, get registered for the TCFQ, seat for it, and you will obtain at least an A2. Look, TCFQ isnt difficult. It has just 30 minutes of listening, and 15 minutes of speaking......and they gave you a delay of 6 months, meaning if u can try to seat for the TCFQ by ending May, then u should have your CSQ in your hands, latest early July......I WISH U THE BEST.....

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
rahimo said:
can you help me for immegrate to canada
TELL US MORE ABOUT YOURSELF. AGE, AOT, LANGUAGE SKILLS, LOCATION, MARITAL STATUS ETC

RPAL

Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
25-05-2015
Nomination.....
30-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Can I still apply for Quebec Immigration? Is it too late?

I am an MBA from Marketing with 4 years BBA and have the working experience of 6 years. I am 33 years old. My wife has honors in Statistics. We have got one child. The website result shows that I can apply. But, isn't there any cap? What about 14300.

Shall I apply?

bouchot

Apr 15, 2013
RPAL said:
Can I still apply for Quebec Immigration? Is it too late?

I am an MBA from Marketing with 4 years BBA and have the working experience of 6 years. I am 33 years old. My wife has honors in Statistics. We have got one child. The website result shows that I can apply. But, isn't there any cap? What about 14300.

Shall I apply?
There is no cap in Quebec. First you need to check here:
immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf

If your diploma (and experience) is in an area of training which appears in the list above, then you might be eligible to apply.

However, notice that you must know French.

If you are interested in settling in Quebec, and you are eligible, I strongly recommend moving fast, because big changes are a'coming, and they might make things harder for people who don't already have ties to Quebec.