+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
MSFK said:
Bonjour a tout le monde

One should attempt TEFAQ instead of DELF or DALF beacause only you require is listening & speaking to score points for QSW.

Bonne chance
Yeah,that would be good,but there`s only DELF/DALF in my country(Kosovo),and that really sucks!!

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
Tiki said:
Yeah,that would be good,but there`s only DELF/DALF in my country(Kosovo),and that really sucks!!
Hi Tiki,
Here's what I think.
First, clarification. As far as I know you shouldn't be disqualified for not attempting a section in Delf/Dalf. Yes you'll get a zero if you get anything less than 5/25 in a section but if in the end your score is above 50 you should get your diploma whether you got a zero in a section or not. If you don't score above 50, then you should still get a transcript with the scores for each of the sections(you attempted) and this include should have your listening/speaking scores which you can send to BIQ. You should ask your alliance francaise to give you a transcript, which they really should be obligated to do. Otherwise they should explain to you why they can't give it to you. This is clearly stated in the Delf/Delf instruction manual which you can find online.
As to whether, BIQ will accept your listening/speaking scores. My thinking is that this will only be so if you have obtained the Delf diploma ie if your score was above 50/100. The rules say you have to have 16/25 for speaking and listening for the Delf diploma meaning the level you've passed sat for and obtained over 50 overall. The difference with Tefaq is that the latter is not a diploma but an exam adapted for immigration purposes. They therefore chose to adapt TEF and not Delf/Dalf, otherwise they would have made it DELF/DALF(AQ).That's my interpretation and I could be wrong.

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
dez said:
Hi Tiki,
Here's what I think.
First, clarification. As far as I know you shouldn't be disqualified for not attempting a section in Delf/Dalf. Yes you'll get a zero if you get anything less than 5/25 in a section but if in the end your score if above 50 you should get your diploma whether you got a zero in a section or not. If you don't score above 50, then you should still get a transcript with the scores for each of the sections(you attempted) and this should have your listening/speaking scores. You should ask your alliance francaise to give you a transcript, which they really should be obliged to do. Otherwise they should explain to you why they can't give it to you.
As to whether, BIQ will accept your listening/speaking scores. My thinking is that this will only be so if you have obtained the Delf diploma ie if your score was above 50/100. The rules say you have to have 16/25 for speaking and listening for the Delf diploma meaning the level you've passed sat for and obtained over 50 overall. That's my interpretation and I could be wrong.
Thanks dez for the reply,I had a long talk with the Aliance Francaise over the phone,as they told me that i have been eliminated because I didnt do anything in writing part,I scored 0 as i didn`t even turned the page for the writing part but i have scored over 50,and i have even told them that i only need the speaking and listening part.

So what I am asking for does the BIQ require the DELF/DALF diploma ,or will it be enough if i send only the
letter showing the scores for listening and speaking?

I just don`t want that my application returned as incomplete,that`s all.

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dez said:
Hi Tiki,
Here's what I think.
First, clarification. As far as I know you shouldn't be disqualified for not attempting a section in Delf/Dalf. Yes you'll get a zero if you get anything less than 5/25 in a section but if in the end your score is above 50 you should get your diploma whether you got a zero in a section or not. If you don't score above 50, then you should still get a transcript with the scores for each of the sections(you attempted) and this include should have your listening/speaking scores which you can send to BIQ. You should ask your alliance francaise to give you a transcript, which they really should be obligated to do. Otherwise they should explain to you why they can't give it to you. This is clearly stated in the Delf/Delf instruction manual which you can find online.
As to whether, BIQ will accept your listening/speaking scores. My thinking is that this will only be so if you have obtained the Delf diploma ie if your score was above 50/100. The rules say you have to have 16/25 for speaking and listening for the Delf diploma meaning the level you've passed sat for and obtained over 50 overall. The difference with Tefaq is that the latter is not a diploma but an exam adapted for immigration purposes. They therefore chose to adapt TEF and not Delf/Dalf, otherwise they would have made it DELF/DALF(AQ).That's my interpretation and I could be wrong.
Lol mdrrrrrr, in Delf, if you score less than 5 in individual section and less than 50 in all section, then you are not the holder of that delf.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
darshmodi said:
As discussed earlier one of my friend who had applied in Nov-2010 and having B1 level in french is recently given only 4 points instead of 8 points so can any one throw lights for the older rules and new rules for the french and english.

Bcoz as per my understanding new language rules took place after 6 December 2011 so how they can reduce the points????

and there were no such rules that your score should be more than 16 b4 6 dec 2011

rgds
Dear ,

Before this date, people could assume whatever they want like B2 or C1, but in interview the interviewer rejudge as from his experince of this scale.

After this date ( dec 6th 2011 ), judgment will be only according to certificates.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Tiki said:
Yesterday i recieved the french exam results (DELF),i was eliminated coz i didn`t do anything on the writing part,so I have asked the Aleance Francaise for a document that I took part in the exam and scores on listening and speaking.

Would this document be enough for the QSW,to claim the points on French?
No, you will have to send the original copy of the Certificate that comes from France.

so, you have to succeed in all parts.

Sorry for that .

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
grande_folie said:
Lol mdrrrrrr, in Delf, if you score less than 5 in individual section and less than 50 in all section, then you are not the holder of that delf.
Just checked and you're right.

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
No, you will have to send the original copy of the Certificate that comes from France.

so, you have to succeed in all parts.

Sorry for that .
If the person doesn't clear the delf exam then he / she doesn't get any certificate from France. crazy mdrrrrrrrrr

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
grande_folie said:
If the person doesn't clear the delf exam then he / she doesn't get any certificate from France. crazy mdrrrrrrrrr
But I have over 50 points,WTF!!
The QSW requires only listening and speaking.
Why eliminated?....Just because i didn`t do the writing part,it`s not fair!

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tiki said:
But I have over 50 points,WTF!!
The QSW requires only listening and speaking.
Why eliminated?....Just because i didn`t do the writing part,it`s not fair!
just check the rules of delf before commenting anything.

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Umer Shahzad said:
i think so Quebec have stop processing the application the applicants since 2010 have not been sorted out by BIQ this is really annoying and injustice to the potential immigrants like us we have spent our energy and time on learning french infact we have use our small resource to learn french ! and now they have increase fee which i was expected that they will speed up their process 350-750 CAD was a big jump from BIQ but stil their process is too slow may be their is some big news coming after 2013 march ! Hope for the best

Hi

i am still in process to file my application if you have a look on requirements for intake of application for QSW it is easy but if you apply through agent than its a nightmare from last 3 months i am collecting my each an every document as i am being told and even than if my file is rejected who is responsible? My application is still in air and the money is bleeding and above all 31st March deadline for new announcement sounds like a death warrant.

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Hi All,

I applied to Quebec immigration in Sep 2011 and received AOR dated 19 Nov 2011 and since than no update. Hence I took the TCFQ exam recently and got B1 in listening and A1 in speaking. Can anyone tell me how many points I will get as per the old rules. I know how many points I will get as per new rules but as my AOR is dated 19 Nov 2011 old rules might get applied. Please refer to this doc
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-3.pdf

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
Tiki said:
Thanks dez for the reply,I had a long talk with the Aliance Francaise over the phone,as they told me that i have been eliminated because I didnt do anything in writing part,I scored 0 as i didn`t even turned the page for the writing part but i have scored over 50,and i have even told them that i only need the speaking and listening part.

So what I am asking for does the BIQ require the DELF/DALF diploma ,or will it be enough if i send only the
letter showing the scores for listening and speaking?

I just don`t want that my application returned as incomplete,that`s all.
Tiki,
I was wrong about you getting your diploma and your AF guys are right. Still, your papers won't be returned to you if you have enough points to pass the paper screening. Just keep in mind that your language points are now locked in as per your level at application. You can't update them afterwards like was the case before Dec 2011. Secondly it seems like french has become compulsory even if the rules still leave some wiggle room. so in my opinion, even if you don't want to claim french points, it's prudent to submit test scores just to be on the safe side. Sorry about your Delf experience buddy and all the best

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Don't know people are so crazy. I am sorry for that people who know good french, because of a1 and a2 level people, other people are suffering who know good french. Quebec people should do something So that people who gave their hard time in french language and achieved good level of french must get their turn first.

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
grande_folie said:
So what does 'crazy mdrrrrrr' mean big man?