App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2012
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
mkshah said:

@ ezaz,
If u see the below tracker, for period of 17 months from Dec-2010 to March-2012, there are almost 15700 files received by only 1 BIQ-HK with average of 900 files per month.
So just imagine if all BIQs across the globe have received total how many files during the same period. This number reaches to some 90000+ odd files.

This heavy flow of applications have caused a kind of "system jamming" in processing qsw applications which resulted in the increased processing times and that is also the reason why fast biq such as biq hk were taking as much as 2 months for issuing aor.

But this new rules phenomenon have caused the flow of new files to reduce drastically for BIQs. It can be very well seen from the latest numbers of received files published by quebec website. Just 40 files received for a period of 7 days which is total of all files received across the globe.

If we see the status of pending applications, Applicants from some of biq such as damascus are waiting for interview/csq from as long as 20 months now and there are more than 40000+ applications pending for processing since august 2010 for this biq. For biq hk this figure is 15000+ applications pending since Nov 2010.

So, what we can expect now is, that the main focus of all biqs will be to complete the processing of pending applications as much fast as possible. And with the current trend of new applications, biqs will have some more time for processing of pending applications.

So, It will be really good for old applicants who are waiting for their interview/csq since many months.

Dear MkShah,

Thx for the detail explanation. And good luck for the 15,000 applicants of BIQ HK. For the time being, new applicants like me will have to experience the present processing time. :(

Br,
Ezaz

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
thank you ezaz.
yes, thats the sad part for new applicants.
In fact, new applicants like you have to wait till these all pending applications gets processed. Only then your turn will come, except your AOT is in priority.
Good Luck buddy for waiting till your turn. :)

ezaz said:
Dear MkShah,

Thx for the detail explanation. And good luck for the 15,000 applicants of BIQ HK. For the time being, new applicants like me will have to experience the present processing time. :(

Br,
Ezaz

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
mkshah said:

@ ezaz,
If u see the below tracker, for period of 17 months from Dec-2010 to March-2012, there are almost 15700 files received by only 1 BIQ-HK with average of 900 files per month.
So just imagine if all BIQs across the globe have received total how many files during the same period. This number reaches to some 90000+ odd files.

This heavy flow of applications have caused a kind of "system jamming" in processing qsw applications which resulted in the increased processing times and that is also the reason why fast biq such as biq hk were taking as much as 2 months for issuing aor.

But this new rules phenomenon have caused the flow of new files to reduce drastically for BIQs. It can be very well seen from the latest numbers of received files published by quebec website. Just 40 files received for a period of 7 days which is total of all files received across the globe.

If we see the status of pending applications, Applicants from some of biq such as damascus are waiting for interview/csq from as long as 20 months now and there are more than 40000+ applications pending for processing since august 2010 for this biq. For biq hk this figure is 15000+ applications pending since Nov 2010.

So, what we can expect now is, that the main focus of all biqs will be to complete the processing of pending applications as much fast as possible. And with the current trend of new applications, biqs will have some more time for processing of pending applications.

So, It will be really good for old applicants who are waiting for their interview/csq since many months.

Thanks MkShah..
This is very much in line with a reply that I received from HK BIQ 10 days ago, when I happened to check the status of my Nov' 2011 application:-

Your file is still undergoing analysis. Please be patient. You will receive a letter from us as soon as the following decision is made regarding:

.The outcome of the preliminary review of your application

Please be informed that all files are processed according to its date of reception / documents submission. Consequently, it is unnecessary to write to us before receiving our decision.

It has been more than a year since the volume of applications has considerably increased and we are still experiencing delay in prescreening files deposited since November 2010. If your file cannot qualify as a priority case and that it has been deposited after Novembre 2010, you are invited to update us whenever need be of your file and be patient until we next communicate with you.

You wish to know the processing time for an application for a Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ-Québec Selection Certificate). Please visit our Internet site at the following address:

In the "skilled worker" category:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/processing-times.html

Please note that processing times are determined based on a number of factors including the overall selection objectives by geographic pool and immigration category, which are defined by the MICC, the volume of applications for a Québec Selection Certificate per territory and the international context.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
bluecougar26 said:
I'm sorry to hear your application has taken so long. I hope you hear from them soon.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your country of residence?
God is good...according to Jeremiah 29:11 He knows the plans He have for me....and He will get me to Quebec when He knows I am prepared for the challenges.

I am a citizen of Barbados...but I currently live and work in Trinidad (Caribbean)

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
Bajan4Quebec said:
God is good...according to Jeremiah 29:11 He knows the plans He have for me....and He will get me to Quebec when He knows I am prepared for the challenges.

I am a citizen of Barbados...but I currently live and work in Trinidad (Caribbean)
Really nice bible reference, it counts a lot concerning this Quebec PR processing. It is well!

Cheers

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hablas espanol 8)

Bajan4Quebec said:

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
vickyRocks said:
@ gryffindorgirl..
Yes, i submitted all my french result of DELF A1 and A2 and just waiting eagerly for the interview call..i dont know when??any ways i was short of 2 points to reach the minimum threshold requirement for interview i hope it will be fullfiled by my DELF A1 and A2...there is specific criteria of receiving AOR however, the general time i have seen is minimum 15-30 days but maximum it can go to 2-3 months also on the BIQ website they have written that AOR may take number of months to receive due to the work laod..I am soory i have no info about ur case, it willl be ok if you share ur timeline...a bientot!!
@vickyrocks
sorry for the late response. internet issues!! :( well anyway, my timeline,sure. Here it is.
- I submitted my application in dec 2011. In the application i had mentioned that i will be submitting french marks as soon as i get the marks sheet.
-at thetime of submission consultant told me any ielts (general or academic ) can be submitted so i sent my academic ielts.
-i received the letter of file opneing in the mid of jan 2012.
-received a letter saying BIQ HK have not received my french and ielts marks so they are waiting for that and that i must submit them within 6 months else they wil b obligated to close my file.
-i finally submitted my A1 nd A2 nd wrote my ielts general and submitted that as well on may 5th and it readched HK on may 15th or so,.
- now i am waitign for my AOR.

please can u help me out in case u get any info on the time aken to get an AOR?
also, can i know ur timeline as well?
Thanks!

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
gryffindorgirl said:
@ mkshah @mkshah
well thats some gud news. my BIQ office is HK. so thats gud! how long do u think it will take for me to get an AOR ?

Also,i got some info which i dont know is correct or not? is it true that if for example, i got to the US for my studies and apply for immigration from the US then the processing time is much much faster?

Basically, is it true that even if ur nationality is something else but ur applying from another country and u r living there temporarly then ur processing time is faster?off course depending on the processing time of that country. for examply i heard if u apply from new york it just takes 3 months??? :eek:

eagerly waiting for ur reply!

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gryffindorgirl said:
@ vickyrocks
sorry for the late response. internet issues!! :( well anyway, my timeline,sure. Here it is.
- I submitted my application in dec 2011. In the application i had mentioned that i will be submitting french marks as soon as i get the marks sheet.
-at thetime of submission consultant told me any ielts (general or academic ) can be submitted so i sent my academic ielts.
-i received the letter of file opneing in the mid of jan 2012.
-received a letter saying BIQ HK have not received my french and ielts marks so they are waiting for that and that i must submit them within 6 months else they wil b obligated to close my file.
-i finally submitted my A1 nd A2 nd wrote my ielts general and submitted that as well on may 5th and it readched HK on may 15th or so,.
- now i am waitign for my AOR.

please can u help me out in case u get any info on the time aken to get an AOR?
also, can i know ur timeline as well?
Thanks!
we believe me consultants are crap ! they bluff with you don't believe in them they are just only for making money thats it ...

rgquebec

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-14
AOR Received.
SA-31-07-14
Thanks 4glory ,

I have just received MR by e-mail exactly 2 months after submiting federal application.
but m little confused with this MR..as they have mentioned that "Medical should be done for all immediate Family members whether they are accompagning or not"... but in the e-mail i have recieved form-IMM1017 only for me not for my other fam members.
Plus, my bro is living in France - how he will be doing his Medical ?

Any Idea about this .??

thanks a lot !!!

4glory said:
Well, MR varies with the VO one applies through, for JC it was pretty fast, he sent his Federal application this year and he has already gotten his MR, for me I sent my Federal application October last year and I just got my MR on the 22nd of May this year which seems quite in line with the processing time for my VO as obtained in the link below as at the time I sent my application;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp

You should have an idea of how long it is likely to take to receive your MR because after MR one will have another 2 to 3 months to get PR if everything goes well.

Cheers

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Umer Shahzad said:
we believe me consultants are crap ! they bluff with you don't believe in them they are just only for making money thats it ...
@umer shahzad
well i dont believe them completely and keep myslf updated here. u have any info on when an applicant usually receives and AOR?

richa88

Jul 28, 2011
rgquebec said:
Thanks 4glory ,

I have just received MR by e-mail exactly 2 months after submiting federal application.
but m little confused with this MR..as they have mentioned that "Medical should be done for all immediate Family members whether they are accompagning or not"... but in the e-mail i have recieved form-IMM1017 only for me not for my other fam members.
Plus, my bro is living in France - how he will be doing his Medical ?

Any Idea about this .??

thanks a lot !!!
By immediate family members they mean your spouse and children, if you are married.

pixie13

May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello forum members! I’ve been following this thread for a while and learnt a lot of stuff and now it’s time for me to share my interview experience with everyone. I had my interview in Hong Kong on 17th May 2012 at 1330hrs. First of all, here’s some background info about myself: I’m a Registered Nurse, completed by Bachelor of Nursing in Australia, and have about 3.5 years’ nursing experience in total. I’m the principal applicant and applied with my husband who is now an apprentice plumber.

We applied in March 2011, got the AOR after about 2 weeks and then in June 2011 got the ‘intention to refuse’ letter as I completed my 3 year degree in less than 3 years (waaaay earlier than 3 years as I had managed to complete it quickly). The IO wasn’t satisfied and wanted proof that it is a genuine degree from a genuine university as it sort of appeared a bit dodgy that I managed to complete my degree within a short period of time. So I gathered and sent supporting documents in August to refute this claim (was given 60 days to do this) and then in November 2011 got a letter saying that we were in the interview waiting list and finally in February 2012 was told that the interview will be in May 2012.

I prepared for the interview by having a file with details about various stuff like rent, housing market, different neighbourhoods and where to stay, labour market (outlook for nurses, RN job profile, salary, employment rates, etc.), hospitals that I can work in Montreal and other regions in Quebec, process and application forms for obtaining registration from OIIQ, climate, cost of living (Montreal compared with Toronto and Vancouver), quality of living, society, economy, health, education, common values, political and legal systems, learning French, obtaining drivers licence, public transport, etc. The portfolio consisted of a 37 page MS Word document, with about another 30-40 pages of printouts from the internet. We also had printouts of job ads from Emploi Quebec.

On the day of the interview we arrived about 30mins prior to the interview to discover that my husband and I were the only ones there! There weren’t any applicants except for the two of us! Got called in by the IO to his office later on; the IO was a middle aged man and had a friendly attitude and greeted us pleasantly. Asked for our passports, and then went through my application and asked a few questions in French, such as the number of hours that I work, where I live, if we’ve been to Montreal (no to this), family in Quebec (no to this), if we have any kids (no to this), my job duties, if I liked my job, etc. He asked to see only a few of my education certificates, work certificates and French language documents (selected 3/12 in the form - I just went for classes at AF, so I got a letter from my teacher).

Then in English he asked me to name some cities in Quebec, to briefly describe the process of obtaining registration from OIIQ and what a nurse’s salary is. He was surprised at the salary and asked how I knew this, so I grabbed this opportunity to show him my portfolio and showed him the printout with nurse’s salary, outlook by region, employment rate, etc. He was impressed with this and went through a few more pages (maybe about 1/10 of the whole portfolio) and said ‘bon bon, you can use this for later’. He explained about the importance of French and stated that French was like a religion in Quebec and that I had to convince him of my French skills otherwise I would not get the certificate that day! He also explained how difficult it can be for doctors and nurses in Quebec having to work overtime as there weren’t enough staff and the budget being spread thin. He then asked, ‘so do you still want to go to Quebec?’ and I was like ‘of course!’.

He then asked for my husband’s education and work certificates and French language documents (selected 1/12 in the form - letter from AF again), and asked him a few questions in French such as what’s your name, how are you, what’s your occupation, do you like your job, etc.

He then said OK, I’ve entered your details into the grid. I just know that we got 4/6 for adaptability and in the end or at some point our total was 69 points (well the last time I saw while doing the calculations together). And then he asked, do you know what this means? To this my husband replied, “Welcome to Quebec!!” :) The IO then said, “go ahead hug each other and give your wife a kiss!!” The IO continued explaining a bit more about starting a new life in Montreal, and how we have to learn to walk again (as in walking on ice) and we’ll fall down a couple of times, but we’ll get up again. He also said to take the time to adapt to your new life and gave us the printout of the CSQ (with priority treatment and valid for 36 months), and other info about Quebec.

Well that’s it really… the whole interview took about 45 mins. Just make sure that you brush up on your French, take all the required original documents, research about Quebec and keep your hopes up because it was a very long and excruciating wait for the interview, but it was all worth it in the end!!

rgquebec

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-14
AOR Received.
SA-31-07-14
Thanks Richa88 for clarification!
i am unmarried- that means only i shall be doing Medical not my parents or brother ..right?

richa88 said:
By immediate family members they mean your spouse and children, if you are married.

rgquebec

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-14
AOR Received.
SA-31-07-14
greattt- congrtsss for obtaining CSQ !!

pixie13 said:
Hello forum members! I've been following this thread for a while and learnt a lot of stuff and now it's time for me to share my interview experience with everyone. I had my interview in Hong Kong on 17th May 2012 at 1330hrs. First of all, here's some background info about myself: I'm a Registered Nurse, completed by Bachelor of Nursing in Australia, and have about 3.5 years' nursing experience in total. I'm the principal applicant and applied with my husband who is now an apprentice plumber.

We applied in March 2011, got the AOR after about 2 weeks and then in June 2011 got the ‘intention to refuse' letter as I completed my 3 year degree in less than 3 years (waaaay earlier than 3 years as I had managed to complete it quickly). The IO wasn't satisfied and wanted proof that it is a genuine degree from a genuine university as it sort of appeared a bit dodgy that I managed to complete my degree within a short period of time. So I gathered and sent supporting documents in August to refute this claim (was given 60 days to do this) and then in November 2011 got a letter saying that we were in the interview waiting list and finally in February 2012 was told that the interview will be in May 2012.

I prepared for the interview by having a file with details about various stuff like rent, housing market, different neighbourhoods and where to stay, labour market (outlook for nurses, RN job profile, salary, employment rates, etc.), hospitals that I can work in Montreal and other regions in Quebec, process and application forms for obtaining registration from OIIQ, climate, cost of living (Montreal compared with Toronto and Vancouver), quality of living, society, economy, health, education, common values, political and legal systems, learning French, obtaining drivers licence, public transport, etc. The portfolio consisted of a 37 page MS Word document, with about another 30-40 pages of printouts from the internet. We also had printouts of job ads from Emploi Quebec.

On the day of the interview we arrived about 30mins prior to the interview to discover that my husband and I were the only ones there! There weren't any applicants except for the two of us! Got called in by the IO to his office later on; the IO was a middle aged man and had a friendly attitude and greeted us pleasantly. Asked for our passports, and then went through my application and asked a few questions in French, such as the number of hours that I work, where I live, if we've been to Montreal (no to this), family in Quebec (no to this), if we have any kids (no to this), my job duties, if I liked my job, etc. He asked to see only a few of my education certificates, work certificates and French language documents (selected 3/12 in the form - I just went for classes at AF, so I got a letter from my teacher).

Then in English he asked me to name some cities in Quebec, to briefly describe the process of obtaining registration from OIIQ and what a nurse's salary is. He was surprised at the salary and asked how I knew this, so I grabbed this opportunity to show him my portfolio and showed him the printout with nurse's salary, outlook by region, employment rate, etc. He was impressed with this and went through a few more pages (maybe about 1/10 of the whole portfolio) and said ‘bon bon, you can use this for later'. He explained about the importance of French and stated that French was like a religion in Quebec and that I had to convince him of my French skills otherwise I would not get the certificate that day! He also explained how difficult it can be for doctors and nurses in Quebec having to work overtime as there weren't enough staff and the budget being spread thin. He then asked, ‘so do you still want to go to Quebec?' and I was like ‘of course!'.

He then asked for my husband's education and work certificates and French language documents (selected 1/12 in the form - letter from AF again), and asked him a few questions in French such as what's your name, how are you, what's your occupation, do you like your job, etc.

He then said OK, I've entered your details into the grid. I just know that we got 4/6 for adaptability and in the end or at some point our total was 69 points (well the last time I saw while doing the calculations together). And then he asked, do you know what this means? To this my husband replied, “Welcome to Quebec!!” :) The IO then said, “go ahead hug each other and give your wife a kiss!!” The IO continued explaining a bit more about starting a new life in Montreal, and how we have to learn to walk again (as in walking on ice) and we'll fall down a couple of times, but we'll get up again. He also said to take the time to adapt to your new life and gave us the printout of the CSQ (with priority treatment and valid for 36 months), and other info about Quebec.

Well that's it really... the whole interview took about 45 mins. Just make sure that you brush up on your French, take all the required original documents, research about Quebec and keep your hopes up because it was a very long and excruciating wait for the interview, but it was all worth it in the end!!