Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gryffindorgirl said:
@ umer shahzad
well i dont believe them completely and keep myslf updated here. u have any info on when an applicant usually receives and AOR?

an applicant receives AOR with in 90 days preceding to his or her application

well i am studying french in AF lahore there was a guy he had done his MBA from Pakistan and the consultant counted his points 53 without french lol he gave him 28 points for education and 16 points for his age and 8 points for his experience i was stunned at that time. he didn't submit his IELTS neither french test results lol.

After that i went to speak to one of the consultants in Pakistan very famous lalani associates i phoned him and asked him that whether i am eligible for Quebec or not he said are you married i said yes he said do you children ? i said No he said sorry according to me you are not eligible lol :D i said ok i think so i have phoned an immigration consultant not family planning office then he cut the phone

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
richa88 said:
By immediate family members they mean your spouse and children, if you are married.
@richa88

hey there!
was just going through the forum and couldnt help but notice that u have successfully obtained ur CSQ. first of all congrats on that :) could you please help me out? im kind of sailing in the same boat..well, almost. could u plz tell me wen u had applied for QSW and how long it took u to receive ur CSQ? also, could you please tell me each step that u went thru so that i know that my consultant isnt cheating me and that im on the right path? for example, once u sent ur application when did u receive ur file opening letter, ur AOR, ur interview date..etc.please tell me the sequence of things..would really help me out !!

-gryffindorgirl

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gryffindorgirl said:
@ richa88

hey there!
was just going through the forum and couldnt help but notice that u have successfully obtained ur CSQ. first of all congrats on that :) could you please help me out? im kind of sailing in the same boat..well, almost. could u plz tell me wen u had applied for QSW and how long it took u to receive ur CSQ? also, could you please tell me each step that u went thru so that i know that my consultant isnt cheating me and that im on the right path? for example, once u sent ur application when did u receive ur file opening letter, ur AOR, ur interview date..etc.please tell me the sequence of things..would really help me out !!

-gryffindorgirl

AOR mean acknowledgment of application and your file is open for process

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Umer Shahzad said:
an applicant receives AOR with in 90 days preceding to his or her application

well i am studying french in AF lahore there was a guy he had done his MBA from Pakistan and the consultant counted his points 53 without french lol he gave him 28 points for education and 16 points for his age and 8 points for his experience i was stunned at that time. he didn't submit his IELTS neither french test results lol.

After that i went to speak to one of the consultants in Pakistan very famous lalani associates i phoned him and asked him that whether i am eligible for Quebec or not he said are you married i said yes he said do you children ? i said No he said sorry according to me you are not eligible lol :D i said ok i think so i have phoned an immigration consultant not family planning office then he cut the phone

@umer shahzad

lol well thats a funny story!! consultants can be funny! well, the fact is is i submitted my aplication in dec 2011 and sent the pending docs which was french and ielts marks in may 2012. so basically i shud b receiving my AOR within 90 days effective may(when i sent my final docs of french and ielts)???

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
@umer shahzad
yes i know what AOR stands for. correct me if im wrong...AOR is basically a letter from the embassy saying whether ur file has been accepted or rejected..right? like the consultant calculates points , the embassy also calculates the same and then tells u if ur application is accepted or rejected ,right?

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gryffindorgirl said:
@ umer shahzad
yes i know what AOR stands for. correct me if im wrong...AOR is basically a letter from the embassy saying whether ur file has been accepted or rejected..right? like the consultant calculates points , the embassy also calculates the same and then tells u if ur application is accepted or rejected ,right?

well AOR doesn't means your application has been reject or accept. First of all they will check all your docs required for your application after that they started verification checks according to me..! because if your docs are not completed they will be sending you a letter stating we need your X docs for example if you have claimed C1 of french they will not send you aor they will send u a letter stating please provide us French test result

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gryffindorgirl said:
@ umer shahzad

lol well thats a funny story!! consultants can be funny! well, the fact is is i submitted my aplication in dec 2011 and sent the pending docs which was french and ielts marks in may 2012. so basically i shud b receiving my AOR within 90 days effective may(when i sent my final docs of french and ielts)???
For this you have to contact your consultant ! whether he had received AOR ? or not ? remember 1 thing consultants are always dodgy for corsspodence give your address and for advice you can have his services :)

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello madam, sir,

You will find attached your acknowledgment.

Thank you not to reply to this email.

attachment contains:

On August 17, 2011

No ref. ind: DA0106329

Subject: Your request for a Québec Selection Certificate -
Open your file

Madam,

We confirm the opening of your file and send you the receipt stating the collection of fees related to the study of your application for a Québec Selection Certificate.

We invite you to visit the website below for the current processing time:

If in the coming months your family situation were to change, you must send us, as soon as possible, the documents required to process your application and required fees.

A. Adding a spouse or a spouse

1. The Application for a Québec selection certificate available
the following address:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/formulaires/formulaire-titre/dcs-travailleurs/index.html
2. All documents required to process your request
3. Contract respecting financial self-sufficiency the updated
4. A certified copy of your original marriage certificate
5. The processing fee of $ 152.00

B. Addition of one or more children

1. One passport size photograph for each child
2. Contract respecting financial self-sufficiency the updated
3. A certified copy of the original birth certificates or
4. The processing fee of $ 152 per child

Payment of fees must be made in Canadian dollars by credit card or certified bank check or certified international check, payable to the Minister of Finance of Québec. The issuing financial institution must ensure that the check is drawn on a Canadian bank and cashable without charge for our services. Payment by international money transfers and are not accepted.

We also ask that you inform us promptly of any change of mailing address or email address, by mail at the following address:

Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities
Economic Directorate of Immigration - International
Service Americas, North Africa and Middle East
285, rue Notre-Dame Street West, 4th Floor
Montreal (Quebec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

or by fax at: 514 873-9265

Thank you for choosing Quebec and please receive, Madam, the assurances of our best feelings.

Directorate of mail and collection

this is AOR

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations for your CSQ and thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Did you answer each question in french...?
Wish you all the best for federal.
pixie13 said:
Hello forum members! I've been following this thread for a while and learnt a lot of stuff and now it's time for me to share my interview experience with everyone. I had my interview in Hong Kong on 17th May 2012 at 1330hrs. First of all, here's some background info about myself: I'm a Registered Nurse, completed by Bachelor of Nursing in Australia, and have about 3.5 years' nursing experience in total. I'm the principal applicant and applied with my husband who is now an apprentice plumber.

We applied in March 2011, got the AOR after about 2 weeks and then in June 2011 got the ‘intention to refuse' letter as I completed my 3 year degree in less than 3 years (waaaay earlier than 3 years as I had managed to complete it quickly). The IO wasn't satisfied and wanted proof that it is a genuine degree from a genuine university as it sort of appeared a bit dodgy that I managed to complete my degree within a short period of time. So I gathered and sent supporting documents in August to refute this claim (was given 60 days to do this) and then in November 2011 got a letter saying that we were in the interview waiting list and finally in February 2012 was told that the interview will be in May 2012.

I prepared for the interview by having a file with details about various stuff like rent, housing market, different neighbourhoods and where to stay, labour market (outlook for nurses, RN job profile, salary, employment rates, etc.), hospitals that I can work in Montreal and other regions in Quebec, process and application forms for obtaining registration from OIIQ, climate, cost of living (Montreal compared with Toronto and Vancouver), quality of living, society, economy, health, education, common values, political and legal systems, learning French, obtaining drivers licence, public transport, etc. The portfolio consisted of a 37 page MS Word document, with about another 30-40 pages of printouts from the internet. We also had printouts of job ads from Emploi Quebec.

On the day of the interview we arrived about 30mins prior to the interview to discover that my husband and I were the only ones there! There weren't any applicants except for the two of us! Got called in by the IO to his office later on; the IO was a middle aged man and had a friendly attitude and greeted us pleasantly. Asked for our passports, and then went through my application and asked a few questions in French, such as the number of hours that I work, where I live, if we've been to Montreal (no to this), family in Quebec (no to this), if we have any kids (no to this), my job duties, if I liked my job, etc. He asked to see only a few of my education certificates, work certificates and French language documents (selected 3/12 in the form - I just went for classes at AF, so I got a letter from my teacher).

Then in English he asked me to name some cities in Quebec, to briefly describe the process of obtaining registration from OIIQ and what a nurse's salary is. He was surprised at the salary and asked how I knew this, so I grabbed this opportunity to show him my portfolio and showed him the printout with nurse's salary, outlook by region, employment rate, etc. He was impressed with this and went through a few more pages (maybe about 1/10 of the whole portfolio) and said ‘bon bon, you can use this for later'. He explained about the importance of French and stated that French was like a religion in Quebec and that I had to convince him of my French skills otherwise I would not get the certificate that day! He also explained how difficult it can be for doctors and nurses in Quebec having to work overtime as there weren't enough staff and the budget being spread thin. He then asked, ‘so do you still want to go to Quebec?' and I was like ‘of course!'.

He then asked for my husband's education and work certificates and French language documents (selected 1/12 in the form - letter from AF again), and asked him a few questions in French such as what's your name, how are you, what's your occupation, do you like your job, etc.

He then said OK, I've entered your details into the grid. I just know that we got 4/6 for adaptability and in the end or at some point our total was 69 points (well the last time I saw while doing the calculations together). And then he asked, do you know what this means? To this my husband replied, “Welcome to Quebec!!” :) The IO then said, “go ahead hug each other and give your wife a kiss!!” The IO continued explaining a bit more about starting a new life in Montreal, and how we have to learn to walk again (as in walking on ice) and we'll fall down a couple of times, but we'll get up again. He also said to take the time to adapt to your new life and gave us the printout of the CSQ (with priority treatment and valid for 36 months), and other info about Quebec.

Well that's it really... the whole interview took about 45 mins. Just make sure that you brush up on your French, take all the required original documents, research about Quebec and keep your hopes up because it was a very long and excruciating wait for the interview, but it was all worth it in the end!!

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
I have done Enggineering in IT from India(4 yr course) and have a 4 years of exp in Telecom billing testing.
Can you please let me know can i apply under skilled worker for Toronto and Quebec.
If yes under which category i can apply.

Many Thanks in advance.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So some say they are friendy sone say they are strict,,, seems deprends on profession and also I am sure decissions taken b4 the interview

interview just a game, to see you and your passports etcs

harit79 said:
Congratulations for your CSQ and thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Did you answer each question in french...?
Wish you all the best for federal.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
Congratulations Umer for your AOR..
Date is wrong itseems, I think its typing mistake only.

Umer Shahzad said:
Hello madam, sir,

You will find attached your acknowledgment.

Thank you not to reply to this email.

attachment contains:

On August 17, 2011

No ref. ind: DA0106329

Subject: Your request for a Québec Selection Certificate -
Open your file

Madam,

We confirm the opening of your file and send you the receipt stating the collection of fees related to the study of your application for a Québec Selection Certificate.

We invite you to visit the website below for the current processing time:

If in the coming months your family situation were to change, you must send us, as soon as possible, the documents required to process your application and required fees.

A. Adding a spouse or a spouse

1. The Application for a Québec selection certificate available
the following address:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/formulaires/formulaire-titre/dcs-travailleurs/index.html
2. All documents required to process your request
3. Contract respecting financial self-sufficiency the updated
4. A certified copy of your original marriage certificate
5. The processing fee of $ 152.00

B. Addition of one or more children

1. One passport size photograph for each child
2. Contract respecting financial self-sufficiency the updated
3. A certified copy of the original birth certificates or
4. The processing fee of $ 152 per child

Payment of fees must be made in Canadian dollars by credit card or certified bank check or certified international check, payable to the Minister of Finance of Québec. The issuing financial institution must ensure that the check is drawn on a Canadian bank and cashable without charge for our services. Payment by international money transfers and are not accepted.

We also ask that you inform us promptly of any change of mailing address or email address, by mail at the following address:

Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities
Economic Directorate of Immigration - International
Service Americas, North Africa and Middle East
285, rue Notre-Dame Street West, 4th Floor
Montreal (Quebec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

or by fax at: 514 873-9265

Thank you for choosing Quebec and please receive, Madam, the assurances of our best feelings.

Directorate of mail and collection

this is AOR

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
rgquebec said:
Thanks Richa88 for clarification!
i am unmarried- that means only i shall be doing Medical not my parents or brother ..right?
Congrats on your MR, that was pretty fast, it means your documents was complete and your VO processing time is fast too.

Richa88 is very correct, family member refers to married couples and their children whether accompanying the principal applicant or not, in your case it's just you that needs to under go the medical exams, do so as soon as possible. Here is wishing you the very best.

Cheers