QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Can someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me urgently if I will get points for my Masters degree if I have done it through correspondence from University? I have got the transcripts in sealed envelope for the same but nowhere on the transcript was it mentioned that it is through correspondence. However, my convocation certificate mentions 'Master of Commerce (External)' so they will know I did it through correspondence? Note that I did not have to attend any classes for the same because it is Distance Education.

Will I get points for this degree or NOT? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
what do u mean by correspondence ? your college was affiliated with the university ?

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Can someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me urgently if I will get points for my Masters degree if I have done it through correspondence from University? I have got the transcripts in sealed envelope for the same but nowhere on the transcript was it mentioned that it is through correspondence. However, my convocation certificate mentions 'Master of Commerce (External)' so they will know I did it through correspondence? Note that I did not have to attend any classes for the same because it is Distance Education.

Will I get points for this degree or NOT? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
it depends upon the length of your total year of education brother

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ CAN said:
Hi , I have done DELF A1 last week and is it possible to send my application with a certified result sheet? because, my IELTS certificate will expire in 2012 Nov. If i send my application and if they call for interview after expire the IELTS certificate then what will happen?

Please advice.
if you have query for this mate you have to contact BIQ hongkong or just email them write down on a piece of a paper that you have passed your exam and you are waiting for your diploma which can take more then 6 months i don't know how stupid they are. They know about the problems but still they have created some much complexity its not possible at the moment but you can ask BIQ they can tell you better according to the guidence its not possible at the moment the thing is that they want to earn money like British people have a monopoly of IELTS they want to create there own monopoly through TEFAQ why there is no listening and speaking limitation on TEFAQ and why there is a limit on DELF only ?

buzzowski

Apr 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/05/2012
Please help... I just translated my diploma and it says: MASTER IN TRANSPORT ENGINEERING... Am I in group 1 or 2, how many points do I get?

One more question.. I am filling my Application for Selection Certificate and I have to list education, name of institution and name of diploma obtained. Do I write name of institution and name of diploma in English or in my mother language??

sebbo

Jan 1, 2012
Hi there

When you have submitted your application for a selection certificate, do you get a notification confirming that they have received it? Or how is the procedure?

And I have read that people living in countries who previously had to send the the application to Paris now have to send the application for the selection certificate directly to Montréal and no longer to Paris / Bruxelles, is this correct?

Thanks
Sam

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
red.mystry said:
where is TEFAQ being held and what is the last day of registration
It depends on your location. There are plenty of organizations that do TEF/TEFaQ testing. Check for one near you. I paid 150EUR. (Oral comprehension and oral expression).

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
sebbo said:
Hi there

When you have submitted your application for a selection certificate, do you get a notification confirming that they have received it? Or how is the procedure?

And I have read that people living in countries who previously had to send the the application to Paris now have to send the application for the selection certificate directly to Montréal and no longer to Paris / Bruxelles, is this correct?

Thanks
Sam
As far as I know, Vienna's office does not provide immigration services anymore (Eastern Europe region). After you submit your app. you should get your AOR# ((Acknowledgement of Receipt). It usually takes 4 months.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
sebbo said:
Hi there

Thanks
Sam

Hi Sam,
I have submitted my application in August last year. There are no notifications unless you have a signed delivery to the Paris BIQ. Paris BIQ only sends you an AOR and Fee Receipt for the very first time when they contact you. Time does vary for receiving the first AOR. I have not only called the Paris BIQ but also visited them and I have been told to wait up to 5 months in order to receive the first AOR. That is normal.

They have contacted me in Feb 2012 again and asked me to sign a form for payment processing. Which I have sent back in March. They didn't respond until I called them last week. A nice lady told me to wait for 3 more weeks but today I have noticed that the money has been charged from my bank account.

Yes, According to new rules you just can not send your application to Paris BIQ. This is what Paris BIQ says:

As of March 16, 2012, candidates must submit their application for immigration to the following address:

Management of economic immigration - International
Service in Western Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa
285, rue Notre-Dame West, 4 th Floor,
Montreal (Quebec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

I hope that would also help other Paris BIQ applicants. Cheers

sebbo

Jan 1, 2012
Hey there

Thanks for the info. So hopefully the office in Montréal is processing the applications quicker than the one in Paris?! ;)

Regards

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
hec006 said:
Hello francaise,

This new a2 = 2 point rule is valid for all applicants or for applicants who have applied after april, 2012?
Hi Hec

Only for new applicants

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
sunnytheshine said:
in this link on page no. 38 they r saying (DELF A1 : de 8 à 15 sur 25 = 1) if u score between 8 to 15 u will get 1 point each.
they take points of only listening and speaking or all four modules.???..

and my A1 delf score id speaking = 17.75, listening = 13, reading = 21, writing = 16.5
how much points will get 2 or 4???
Hi Sunny

You have misinterpreted page 38. What this means if you had attempted DELF A2 and scored between 8 to 15 you will gain the points for level A1 which is 1 point each Listening and Speaking. If you had attempted A1 and got less than 16 for listening and/or speaking you get no points.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
francaise said:
if i look at the previous changes and the way they deal with the cases, then i can say that new a2 points would be applicable for old as well as new applicants.

(P.S : this is just my assumption)
Hey Francaise,

This is incorrect information...Applications are scored/calculated by the rule or law that governed at the time the candidate applied for their CSQ. Thats why potential applicants are always urged to apply as soon as possible as rules may change at anytime. With this said only new applicants since this update will be awarded 2 points each for both listening and speaking

On the old application form before it wasn't mandatory to submit test scores, you will remember candidates indicated on a range from 1 to 12 their level of French and/or English if you wanted to claim French and English points. Also, as you know it was not mandatory for candidates to submit language scores from the official testing institutions (simple proof like invoices or class results for French/English would suffice). Of course candidates can always submit at a later stage test scores from an approved body even 2011 and earlier applicants (eg 2010, 2009...). However, and this is a BIG however what you indicated on your application and the proof you submit later MUST MATCH or you could jeopardize your chances. For example (using French but the same goes for English) if you applied in 2011 and you indicated on your application you knowledge for listening and speaking is 7 and 6 respectively this corresponds to level B2; In fact, at level 7 you are regarded as Francophonie. But if at a later date you submit B1 as proof as the level of French you know you harm your chances as your information does not match - on the old form B1 corresponds to level 5 out of 12 {intermediate not Francophonie}. You could be penalised as overstating you knowledge of French....Consistency is key my friend

maryr

Star Member
Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014 (Email)
AOR Received.
January 2012
thank you for clarifying Bajan4Quebec!!! :D

i am worried on the pointing system. i will be taking DELF this may.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey Francaise,

This is incorrect information...Applications are scored/calculated by the rule or law that governed at the time the candidate applied for their CSQ. Thats why potential applicants are always urged to apply as soon as possible as rules may change at anytime. With this said only new applicants since this update will be awarded 2 points each for both listening and speaking

On the old application form before it wasn't mandatory to submit test scores, you will remember candidates indicated on a range from 1 to 12 their level of French and/or English if you wanted to claim French and English points. Also, as you know it was not mandatory for candidates to submit language scores from the official testing institutions (simple proof like invoices or class results for French/English would suffice). Of course candidates can always submit at a later stage test scores from an approved body even 2011 and earlier applicants (eg 2010, 2009...). However, and this is a BIG however what you indicated on your application and the proof you submit later MUST MATCH or you could jeopardize your chances. For example (using French but the same goes for English) if you applied in 2011 and you indicated on your application you knowledge for listening and speaking is 7 and 6 respectively this corresponds to level B2; In fact, at level 7 you are regarded as Francophonie. But if at a later date you submit B1 as proof as the level of French you know you harm your chances as your information does not match - on the old form B1 corresponds to level 5 out of 12 {intermediate not Francophonie}. You could be penalised as overstating you knowledge of French....Consistency is key my friend
Please look at the following cases :

Forum member "Quebec2011"

he had applied on October 2010, that time, 16/25 was not mentioned in guide, but his french points were assessed according to new rule.

quebec2011 said:
I have DELF b1 my friend and there is nothing like french improvement, they haven't considered some of the points that is the reason for my rejection.

Age 16/16
Qualification 6/12 bachelor of business management
Area of training 0/16
Experience 4/8 I have more than 3 years of experience
french 7/16 I have Delf b1----- he has delf b1, according to old rule he should have been awarded 8 points, but he got 7 points according to new rule, coz he got less than 16 points in listening
English 6/6
Wife's age 3/3
Wife's Qualification 0/3
wife's area of training 0
French 2/6
financial self sufficiency 1/1

Good luck everyone

Forum member "walkingmarvel"

he had applied on October 2010, that time, 16/25 was not mentioned in guide, look at his interview story.

walkingmarvel said:

My wife main applicant. I am the dependant.
As we entered the interview cabin, we greeted the officer in French. In response we received nothing (No nod, no word). So we quietly moved forward and grabbed the chairs.

The officer introduced himself in French and started the interview. Asked us few basic questions in French like what were our names, where do we live and how did we arrive for the interview. I guess this 10 mins was the most French that we communicated.

It was basic French, yet the altar of interview made us a bit nervous.
Requested our passports, to verify the name and stuff.
Then he followed according to the CSQ application form. Now the conversation was in English. As per the points that we claimed, he started requesting originals of Education & Employment.
Following questions were based on it, like:
What is your degree equivalent to in Quebec?
What were the subjects that you had?
Responsibilities and duties at current work?
Current job is classified under what list in the skilled market of Canada?
Any name of the companies in Quebec, providing the same employment as current?

He also requested to look at any latest letters to prove the current employment status, pay slips and bank statements to prove it.
After this next set of questions were on the language skills. I remember that during our application there wasn't any need of IELTS. Also we had an experience of being in UK and working there for nearly 7 years; that was our argument but from his facial expressions I could figure out that he did not allocate those points.
We had our DELF A1/A2 for both of us.

Until now, I was under impression that passing a DELF was quite enough to get u respective points of the levels. However, he brought to our attention that we did not have enough marks to score points in the Oral section. I guess the marks reflect 14 & he said it should be above 16 (I am not exactly sure abt the figures). So even that was a moral breaking ground.
Ultimately he came upon asking us some information about Quebec. The questions were:
Names of three cities in Quebec.
Brief explanation about Quebec.

I have to say that considering the objections, I thought the outcome would be negative. Also as he raised issues like proving our level of English, showing pessimistic expressions on my pay slips as they were black & white online print outs, it all added up to demoralise us till the end.
Also at one stage, I remember the interviewer clearly telling us that: He has travelled to Delhi from HongKong to check out original papers. We have to impress them with information and papers, that's what they expect from us. If we want CSQ, we need to provide them with robust documents.

But at last when he calculated the points and added the remark that oh, we have got a daughter and we are able to score the points because of that. We were quite at ease then.
Interview lasted nearly one and half hour. Mostly it was in English and all the questions were surrounded in the region of questions I have stated above.

If a question was addressed to the main applicant, I was restricted in giving any explanation until the question was meant for me.
My wife is pregnant again. We did inform it to them via email when the interview was confirmed. But he did not utter a single word on it. After getting the CSQ even we did not gather enough guts to inquire abt it.
Once the CSQ was issued, interviewer's expressions completely changed and looked very cheerful.
his french points were assessed according to new rule.

That's why, i have stated in my previous post that it might be applicable for old as well as new and it's just my assumption.

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
Can i give delf A2 and B1 at same time or i have to wait for the A2 result first then give B1 ::)