Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
IELTS Request
Overall 6.5. Sent with the application. TCFQ updated later (A2 both).
Med's Request
Long way to go!!!
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Finger crossed!!!
Passport Req..
Long way to go!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go!!!
LANDED..........
Long way to go!!!
Anand_Inida said:
I don't understand, if French is the only criteria then why have all these applications filled, why this long processing times?
I certainly do agree. What takes such long?! And..... what kinda' justice is that they're making the whole process an endless journey and for that they're making everyone suffered for no reason. I surely do not understand what is the point of marking up each and every application as per the new rule? Well, they did explained that in their website but how much justified is that explanation?

Anand_Inida said:
I see from all these posts that they collected a lot of money in form of processing fee from many Asians to put and put them in Dark. I think it became one of the revenue generating source for quebec.
You never know buddy.

stacyluv7987

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
App. Filed.......
02-03-2018
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
I have a question about TCF-Quebec exam.

In the passed I have took TEFaQ, TCF, and DELF exams.

During the TCF speaking section "no preparation time was given" :-\; but TEFaQ and DELF preparation time was given. :p

What's the different between TCF vs. TCF-Quebec? ;) Anyone can explain?

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gates1580 said:
I made B2 finally. It took me 18 months of intense study & practice in addition to my full time job. It is just a matter of your dedication & ability to keep yourself motivated over a long period of time.
And also I attempted TCFQ 4 times. I made B2 in both listening & speaking in my 4th time. I am happy knowing that now my application doesn't have any holes.
I have 9 in all sections of IELTS and B2 in French.
No more looking back now. ;D
Dear

how you get 9 in all parts of IELTS exam?

please advice?

Harsh5

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
gates1580 said:
I made B2 finally. It took me 18 months of intense study & practice in addition to my full time job. It is just a matter of your dedication & ability to keep yourself motivated over a long period of time.
And also I attempted TCFQ 4 times. I made B2 in both listening & speaking in my 4th time. I am happy knowing that now my application doesn't have any holes.
I have 9 in all sections of IELTS and B2 in French.
No more looking back now. ;D
Congrats mate. I completely understand it must have been quite hard with a full time job. Well done

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
@engMostafa - Getting a 9 in IETLS was easy for me as I studied in an English speaking school since I was a kid. To me this was a natural. I prepared only for a week to familiarize myself with the test format. I didn't do any special preparation. If English is not your primary language, I highly recommend you to buy a couple of prep books which come with audio samples to get started.

@stacyluv7987 - It is true that there is no preparation time in TCFQ speaking. The TEFAQ format has changed now. There is no preparation time in TEFAQ now. The difference between TCFQ and TEFAQ is that in TCFQ the examiner will ask you 6 short questions i.e 1 question for each level. And you answer those questions. In TEFAQ, there are 2 long questions to answer i.e. these questions require you to speak in french for atleast 5 & 10 mins respectively. I have no idea about DELF. Never looked into it.
As per TCF & TCFQ, TCFQ is a customized exam only for quebec immigration. TCF on the other hand can be taken for other purposes. For e.g., if you would like to study in France, you need to take all sections of TCF. However, you can use TCF results for Quebec immigration. You still need B2 in speaking & listening.

@kuthpeters - Some good links to prepare for TCFQ are available here: http://www.ciep.fr/tcf-tout-public/comment-sy-preparer
I am not sure where to buy french books in Nigeria. However, you can order them from amazon france i.e. www.amazon.fr. They ship internationally.

Hope that information helps.

rafiqandafshan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/04/2014
I am a professional nurse.. And got a AOR almost 1month ago. No i was wondering that may be immigration call me for interview. and i have zero knowledge of french. And i did not study before because i was eligible i just apply it. And i read so many post that french is mandatory. Now i want to start learning french. So what should i start to learn french. i read so many words on threat like TCQ TEFAQ TCF.. what is basic difference in this all abbreviation.. and what we need it..

stacyluv7987

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
App. Filed.......
02-03-2018
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Thank you for the details. :p

I learned English naturally by living with Canadian family. Therefore it is my first learning grammar very difficult to understand a lot memorization; but I will try my best to score B2. (I have 10 months left) June 20, 2014 my second TCF-Quebec exam. (First TCF exam was March 30, 2014 Listening B1 & Reading B1 & Language structure A2 & Speaking A2 )

Want to ask you advice on how do you practice your speaking? ;D (I find speaking is very hard to practice) :-\

You are a master in IELTS exam you score all 9 in each section. awesome. :)

Hope to hear good news from you. ;)

gates1580 said:
@ engMostafa - Getting a 9 in IETLS was easy for me as I studied in an English speaking school since I was a kid. To me this was a natural. I prepared only for a week to familiarize myself with the test format. I didn't do any special preparation. If English is not your primary language, I highly recommend you to buy a couple of prep books which come with audio samples to get started.

@ stacyluv7987 - It is true that there is no preparation time in TCFQ speaking. The TEFAQ format has changed now. There is no preparation time in TEFAQ now. The difference between TCFQ and TEFAQ is that in TCFQ the examiner will ask you 6 short questions i.e 1 question for each level. And you answer those questions. In TEFAQ, there are 2 long questions to answer i.e. these questions require you to speak in french for atleast 5 & 10 mins respectively. I have no idea about DELF. Never looked into it.
As per TCF & TCFQ, TCFQ is a customized exam only for quebec immigration. TCF on the other hand can be taken for other purposes. For e.g., if you would like to study in France, you need to take all sections of TCF. However, you can use TCF results for Quebec immigration. You still need B2 in speaking & listening.

@ kuthpeters - Some good links to prepare for TCFQ are available here: http://www.ciep.fr/tcf-tout-public/comment-sy-preparer
I am not sure where to buy french books in Nigeria. However, you can order them from amazon france i.e. www.amazon.fr. They ship internationally.

Hope that information helps.

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
stacyluv7987 said:
Thank you for the details. :p

Want to ask you advice on how do you practice your speaking? ;D (I find speaking is very hard to practice) :-\
I practiced my french speaking ability mostly in my part time classes I took on the weekends. There were other students like me in the class. We also hung out after the class and made it a point to speak only in french. I also went to some local meet up events in my city which included french cultural events with native french people. When I introduced myself and told them why I was there, everybody encouraged me to speak in french and corrected me when I spoke wrong. That is how I improved my french.

It is difficult but it is not impossible. It can be done. You have to have a single minded focus on it.

stacyluv7987

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
App. Filed.......
02-03-2018
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
;D I live in Taiwan so it hard to find people who speaks french. But I guess I have to practice more during class time with my teacher. ;D

Thank you !

gates1580 said:
I practiced my french speaking ability mostly in my part time classes I took on the weekends. There were other students like me in the class. We also hung out after the class and made it a point to speak only in french. I also went to some local meet up events in my city which included french cultural events with native french people. When I introduced myself and told them why I was there, everybody encouraged me to speak in french and corrected me when I spoke wrong. That is how I improved my french.

It is difficult but it is not impossible. It can be done. You have to have a single minded focus on it.

owenhargo

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
Wolfman said:
Dear Owen,

Do not worry they would send you the expire DD along with the letter.

You need to resend fresh DD along with the letter which they would send you.

Ensure you keep photo copy of that letter and Photo Copy of new DD which you would send.

So please wait.. it would come soon.

Regards
Dear Wolfman! did you mean they will send another letter and expired DD?

Thank you soo much for your support!

owenhargo

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
jacobj said:
Yea. I got the DD back along with the letter. So you have to contact the migration agent mentioned in the letter ASAP.
Dear Jacobj,

did you mean along with the letter that says your file has opened?

Thank you for your support!

Hasanmtl89

Aug 1, 2013
Hasanmtl89 said:
Hello everybody

I have been living in Quebec for three years i was student then i got the CSQ and applied for threePR as QSW they have received my application on the 5th of may according to Canada post tracking service. When will i know if my application is completed and do they send an email indicate that my application is is complete

Best regards
Is there anybody can helped please. Thanks

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I'm scoring 54 points without the Adaptability Interview also I don not have any knowledge of French, should I apply for the QSW process ?

Regards,
Nikhil

D

David83

Anand_Inida said:
Got my AOT on May 9th 2014. I sent the application on Feb 3rd 2014 ( Canada Tracking Info). So it took 3 months to get the AOT. Next is Interview which is 12-18 months in Montreal for inland applicants. I have 76 points with new rules but my lawyer says still I have to be prepare for interview beacuse of no points in French. I don't understand, if French is the only criteria then why have all these applications filled, why this long processing times?
I see from all these posts that they collected a lot of money in form of processing fee from many Asians to put and put them in Dark. I think it became one of the revenue generating source for quebec.
So, you mean after they open the file it takes at least one year processing time?