Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Hey @Marcos_Bastos

I sent my spousal csq application on the 24th of March. It got their in about two days.

What happens from here on ?

Do I receive any correspondence from MIDI like an acknowledgement of receipt ?

And how long does it take on average to get that first correspondence ?

Thanks!

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi, @wfsoomro

After you sent the CSQ application, you are supposed to get an acknowledgment of receipt.
In my case, I never got it. NOt even one e-mail saying it was received by them.

What I did was to call MICC and ask whether they had received it or not. Then, they confirmed they did.

I sent my CSQ application on October 16, 2020.
I called MICC on October 30, 2020 (that is when they confirm they had received it.)
CSQ got approved on December 03, 2020

Hope this can answer your question.

Have a great day.
Cheers

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Hi, @wfsoomro

After you sent the CSQ application, you are supposed to get an acknowledgment of receipt.
In my case, I never got it. NOt even one e-mail saying it was received by them.

What I did was to call MICC and ask whether they had received it or not. Then, they confirmed they did.

I sent my CSQ application on October 16, 2020.
I called MICC on October 30, 2020 (that is when they confirm they had received it.)
CSQ got approved on December 03, 2020

Hope this can answer your question.

Have a great day.
Cheers
Hey Marcos,

Thanks for the response. Actually I just received an AOR from MIFI yesterday by mail. So I guess they received it.
Now I just have to wait for it to get approved.

Thanks! :)

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey Marcos,

Thanks for the response. Actually I just received an AOR from MIFI yesterday by mail. So I guess they received it.
Now I just have to wait for it to get approved.

Thanks! :)
Hi @wfsoomro

Here is the latest info on CSQ processing. I checked the page today:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

At present, the Ministère is issuing a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) for the applications received on:

• In January 2021, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
  • In January 2021, for other family members.

Hope this can help.

Cheers

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Hi @wfsoomro

Here is the latest info on CSQ processing. I checked the page today:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

At present, the Ministère is issuing a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) for the applications received on:

• In January 2021, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
  • In January 2021, for other family members.

Hope this can help.

Cheers
Yeah I saw that. I guess they are taking about 3 months on average ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Marcos_Bastos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi @CCarter
That is what iI noticed. Many officers from different countries, answering.
The first questions I sent by Web Form were answered by an officer in Mexico.
Then, I received a request for additional documents (which I had previously sent with the original application) from an officer in Vietnam. I got letters late at night from this one as well.
FInally, on my last questions sent by Web Form, I received an automated answer from Sao Paulo's office (in Brazil, where my wife lives)

Well, at least it is in Brazil. :)
I also see in the Excel Sheet from FEB, 2020 that there are also 2 other brazilian applicants (application also in Mexico Visa Office) that have had their passports requested. I guess it is getting closer.

Cheers and again, congrats.
Please keep me posted on the progress of your application.

update for us, our file now has as extra line that says his pasport information and the expiry date of the COPR :) I imagine its on its way back to him now.

cheers

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
update for us, our file now has as extra line that says his pasport information and the expiry date of the COPR :) I imagine its on its way back to him now.

cheers
Great news.
Super happy for you two.

On my side, no new information. Things got stuck.
I see that it was barely 1 month from PPR and COPR, in your application.
Not bad. :)

Cheers,
Marcos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Great news.
Super happy for you two.

On my side, no new information. Things got stuck.
I see that it was barely 1 month from PPR and COPR, in your application.
Not bad. :)

Cheers,
Marcos

I hope things get unstuck for you soon. Keep me posted.
We have to get permission for him to leave Trinidad and then wait for the one flight a month to be announced. I'll let you know how booking the quarantine hotel goes...

cheers

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020

I hope things get unstuck for you soon. Keep me posted.
We have to get permission for him to leave Trinidad and then wait for the one flight a month to be announced. I'll let you know how booking the quarantine hotel goes...

cheers
Hi @CCarter.

Could you explain why he needs a permission?
In my case, since we do not want to wait anymore, my wife is coming with me in June (she has an ETA). I will be traveling to Brazil and we are getting back together.
I read on CIC page that, since she is an immediate family member, there is no need for authorization, but we DO need to provide proof of our marriage, that we are in the middle of the sponsorship process and everything else.

I will keep you posted.

All the best.
Cheers,
Marcos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi @CCarter.

Could you explain why he needs a permission?
In my case, since we do not want to wait anymore, my wife is coming with me in June (she has an ETA). I will be traveling to Brazil and we are getting back together.
I read on CIC page that, since she is an immediate family member, there is no need for authorization, but we DO need to provide proof of our marriage, that we are in the middle of the sponsorship process and everything else.

I will keep you posted.

All the best.
Cheers,
Marcos
His country has closed the borders almost completely. Citizens need to apply for permission to enter and its a waiting process. There are two or 3 flights out of the country a month total. If you want to leave you need permission mostly because they will tell you right away if you can go and come back or if you wont be allowed back.
Thats great, at least you will be together.

We got the COPR but they made a mistake on the document, wrong country of birth. When you get yours read carefully :)

Let me know how entry goes.

cheers,

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello everyone! I've received my CSQ request letter and I wanted to know if there's any deadline to submit CSQ? My letter doesn't show any "30 days " or "90 days" time limit. I'm not able to send CSQ before next week so I wanted to know if it might create issues? Thanks!

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Has anyone received their CSQ recently? From the information on the MIFI website, it looks like it might be around a month to get it now? I'm very pleased with the increase in speed, but I'm not sure if the most recent covid wave has slowed down the process, the MIFI website was last updated 20 days ago and still says

• In March 2021, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
We got our CSQ AOR on the 21st, so I reckon we should get the CSQ around late May, sounds right?

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Has anyone received their CSQ recently? From the information on the MIFI website, it looks like it might be around a month to get it now? I'm very pleased with the increase in speed, but I'm not sure if the most recent covid wave has slowed down the process, the MIFI website was last updated 20 days ago and still says

• In March 2021, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
We got our CSQ AOR on the 21st, so I reckon we should get the CSQ around late May, sounds right?
Hey @Fang_89 I actually just received my spouse's csq a few days ago. I sent it about a month and half ago, so they are processing it really fast.

@Marcos_Bastos do I need to send this CSQ to the LONDON VO through a web form or something ?
Or the MIFI send it there themselves ?

Thanks

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Hey @Fang_89 I actually just received my spouse's csq a few days ago. I sent it about a month and half ago, so they are processing it really fast.

@Marcos_Bastos do I need to send this CSQ to the LONDON VO through a web form or something ?
Or the MIFI send it there themselves ?

Thanks
Thanks for your reply! Would love it if you could update your signature to have a better idea of your timeline!

I'm not @Marcos_Bastos, but from what I have read, MIFI will send your CSQ to the VO, BUT, I've heard of very long delays and/or the VO simply never getting it, so people have been saying to just send it through web form. It can't hurt and might just make the process a little faster for you! I reckon you're probably almost nearing the end of the process so every day counts

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Thanks for your reply! Would love it if you could update your signature to have a better idea of your timeline!

I'm not @Marcos_Bastos, but from what I have read, MIFI will send your CSQ to the VO, BUT, I've heard of very long delays and/or the VO simply never getting it, so people have been saying to just send it through web form. It can't hurt and might just make the process a little faster for you! I reckon you're probably almost nearing the end of the process so every day counts
Hey man. Updated my signature.

Do I send it in the regular web form ? Or would there be a specific one for the London Visa Office ? Any idea ?