Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-06-2020
Hi Everyone!

Common-law inbound PR with OWP here
AR: June 16 2020 only correspondence I've had is an email telling me to make sure I have paid biometrics. Is this a normal timeline? No AOR yet. I really want my CSQ and work permit so I can start living

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
Hi Everyone!

Common-law inbound PR with OWP here
AR: June 16 2020 only correspondence I've had is an email telling me to make sure I have paid biometrics. Is this a normal timeline? No AOR yet. I really want my CSQ and work permit so I can start living
From what I've seen on Facebook and elsewhere, unfortunately, yes it seems like a normal timeline so far... hopefully, they pick it up for people who applied in Spring 2020

Reactions: sally.sandwich
Jan 25, 2021
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-06-2020
From what I've seen on Facebook and elsewhere, unfortunately, yes it seems like a normal timeline so far... hopefully, they pick it up for people who applied in Spring 2020
Thanks for your reply! I feel like I've been floating in the dark for so long wondering what's happening haha. After you review the AOR do you
Thanks so much for your reply! I have been really confused about the relationship between the PR application and the OWP, should I expect the work permit link to come after AOR? I have seen some people have the work permit come through before, I submitted mine in paper in my PR packet. I tried to call and email the CIC but have had no luck being able to link either of them.

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Thanks for your reply! I feel like I've been floating in the dark for so long wondering what's happening haha. After you review the AOR do you

Thanks so much for your reply! I have been really confused about the relationship between the PR application and the OWP, should I expect the work permit link to come after AOR? I have seen some people have the work permit come through before, I submitted mine in paper in my PR packet. I tried to call and email the CIC but have had no luck being able to link either of them.
Hello! In my experience and what I have read in various FB groups and right here in the forum, now in times of COVID, you can link your OWP 7 to 15 days after receiving your AOR. and at that moment is when your implicit status begins.

I was able to link my application a few days after receiving the AOR

Jan 25, 2021
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-06-2020
Hello! In my experience and what I have read in various FB groups and right here in the forum, now in times of COVID, you can link your OWP 7 to 15 days after receiving your AOR. and at that moment is when your implicit status begins.

I was able to link my application a few days after receiving the AOR
Oh really! Does implicit status mean you can begin working? Do you have any recommendations for Facebook groups to join?

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
Oh really! Does implicit status mean you can begin working? Do you have any recommendations for Facebook groups to join?
I guess if you already had a work permit that was still valid when you sent your application, you're technically already in "Implicit status".
But if you had a visitor visa or a permit that didn't allow you to work, I think you may have to wait until you get your OWP to start working

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
No, implicit status means that you do not need to renew your visitor record. You must wait until you have the work permit that you receive by mail (It is a brown sheet) to start working. There are employers who can interview you only with electronic approval, but they will not hire you until they have the permit.

There really isn't a facebook group that is better than another, just search for Sponsorship Inland Canada and some will appear.

Mirh

Jan 4, 2021
Got sA and AIP , passed medical and few days later it showed DM on my PR application on ECAS but a week passed and still didnt get any email or update abt it.