+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2020 Inland spousal sponsorship + OWP

jd8i

May 7, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
I just asked because I saw that some non-Quebec applicants from March/April 2020 are starting to receive AIP or even COPR. I know things are slower for Quebec :( I was just curious if some people were seeing things moving, considering that March/April 2020 cases in the rest of Canada are moving a bit
I finally got med passed on Feb 28. The clinic I went to was a bit slow. nothing else from IRCC.

Is the Montreal visa office handling all the QC applications?

Jan 25, 2021
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-06-2020
Hello everybody! My monthly question to know how things are going for 2020 Quebec applicants...

It seems that for the people that have had their medical visit, things are a little bit frozen, I haven't had any news on my side...
My medical got approved and I received CSQ request last week. Just working on it now, hope to send it next week. I don't think I'll ever get my work permit since I'm sure the CSQ takes a while to process as well...

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
Hi everybody!
A quick update, I called IRCC last week because I haven't heard any news. I asked if they received my CSQ (i got it in october 2020) and they didn't have it, apparently, it wasn't sent or something... or they hadn't requested it. It wasn't clear.
So I sent it directly by webform last week and now I'm waiting, fingers crossed that something happens sooner rather than later.

I guess I should have sent it directly, but a lawyer friend told me I'm not supposed to if everything works fine but... I'd say if you receive your CSQ, just sent it via webform, just to make sure...

Jan 25, 2021
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-06-2020
Hi everybody!
A quick update, I called IRCC last week because I haven't heard any news. I asked if they received my CSQ (i got it in october 2020) and they didn't have it, apparently, it wasn't sent or something... or they hadn't requested it. It wasn't clear.
So I sent it directly by webform last week and now I'm waiting, fingers crossed that something happens sooner rather than later.

I guess I should have sent it directly, but a lawyer friend told me I'm not supposed to if everything works fine but... I'd say if you receive your CSQ, just sent it via webform, just to make sure...
Oh really! I just sent my forms off by post to the ministry. Do you mean that after your CSQ was approved it wasn't forwarded to the IRCC? I really find it confusing the relationship between the CSQ and the rest of the visa process... Does the CSQ need to be approved for the work permit? If so surely Quebec should forward it to IRCC.

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
Oh really! I just sent my forms off by post to the ministry. Do you mean that after your CSQ was approved it wasn't forwarded to the IRCC? I really find it confusing the relationship between the CSQ and the rest of the visa process... Does the CSQ need to be approved for the work permit? If so surely Quebec should forward it to IRCC.
So the CSQ doesn't always need to be approved for the work permit, because I got mine before.
I meant yes after my CSQ was approved, after I received it myself (end of October 2020 / early November), the Quebec ministry didn't forward my CSQ to IRCC (federal) which apparently they are supposed to do. I know some people don't even wait and send it themselves to IRCC, but I did ask an immigration lawyer that told me that technically I don't have to do it, the transfer between Quebec / federal is automatic.
But when I called in March, the federal government didn't have my CSQ (which was delivered in October). So I guess in my case they didn't transfer it or something, which probably caused some delay.

The IRCC agent on the phone told me to send it myself, to maybe gain some time. So, my advice to you guys is don't make the same mistake as me! Even though they are supposed to transfer it, just do it yourself via webform as well just in case.

Reactions: Nadim01

omar1983

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

Are there any updates for Quebec Applicants?

I'm very surprised to see that IRCC is processng May 2020 for other provinces but for Quebec there is applicants from 2019 who have not received any update? it's so frustrating!!!

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

Are there any updates for Quebec Applicants?

I'm very surprised to see that IRCC is processing May 2020 for other provinces but for Quebec there is applicants from 2019 who have not received any update? it's so frustrating!!!
I know, I see people from march/April receiving their permanent residency but we've been stuck. I'm giving it another week or 2 and I may contact my MP just to see if something is up, as I can't get anything from IRCC

Reactions: Bhargavg2002

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
Im an applicant from january 30 : got sponsor approval and ''approved in principle'' march 29.
Medical was passed december 17 and approved december 22...

Update : received my PR today, april 1st (not a joke) !!
Congratulations! That's awesome! Hopefully it picks up for February/March 2020 applicants :)

FredQc

Apr 12, 2021
Hi everybody!

Hi,
I am Feb 18. I just called today and also was told that they did not have my CSQ (approved end of October) and the agent suggested I send a copy via webform.
So I guess I will send it and see what happens.