+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Does anyone have any idea how much the background check takes ?
We did our medical 26th october and it was received 29 october .. i sent a webform and they told me that now we are in the background check step ..

mimiai45

Oct 29, 2019
Hello guys, I have a representative who submitted all my case. But she not doing their work properly, I'm no even sure that they calling Mifi to ask about case progress.
Can I call them myself? ( im from in usa)

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Hello guys, I have a representative who submitted all my case. But she not doing their work properly, I'm no even sure that they calling Mifi to ask about case progress.
Can I call them myself? ( im from in usa)
It’s your file, you’re free to call anytime.

Reactions: mimiai45

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Does anyone have any idea how much the background check takes ?
We did our medical 26th october and it was received 29 october .. i sent a webform and they told me that now we are in the background check step ..
It usually takes around 2 weeks if no security check is needed. For my case, it took less than a week.

Reactions: VeeM

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
It usually takes around 2 weeks if no security check is needed. For my case, it took less than a week.
I dont know .. i think it depends on the countries also ... because it’s been 1 month and 2 weeks since medical was received and still nothing .. :/

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Same here.... now 4 months after getting the csq and they can’t even be bothered to look at the file.
Hi,
I wanted to let you know that I asked for GMS notes to be know what going on. We never received any correspondence for our file since it was transferred.

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hey guys, I wanted to know if I should send a copy of my husband's CSQ to the VO. As per the rep and what I have been informed that the VO knows that my husband got it.

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
Hey guys, I wanted to know if I should send a copy of my husband's CSQ to the VO. As per the rep and what I have been informed that the VO knows that my husband got it.
Hi, my rep told me the same but I sent it, to be on the safe side, you can send a copy through their webform.

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
Hi there. In my case, I was asked for a copy of the CSQ via email, I been working with the Mexico VO.
I send photocopies of the CSQ and attached them via email, that was enough for them.

As far as the background check. I sent mine in bulk with all the relationship stuff, and all the forms since day 1. The background check for me was just a matter of days.

Reactions: Canada&CO

VictorV

Jun 21, 2020
Hi there. In my case, I was asked for a copy of the CSQ via email, I been working with the Mexico VO.
I send photocopies of the CSQ and attached them via email, that was enough for them.

As far as the background check. I sent mine in bulk with all the relationship stuff, and all the forms since day 1. The background check for me was just a matter of days.
Hi There, has the Mexico Visa office worked on your file in the past few months? They received my CSQ in July 2020, but I haven't heard from them since November 2019.

I thought they were closed due to the pandemic.

Thanks.

randr

Dec 7, 2019
Montreal
Hi There, has the Mexico Visa office worked on your file in the past few months? They received my CSQ in July 2020, but I haven't heard from them since November 2019.

Thanks.
Hi Victor, my spouse just received her PPR from the Mexico VO today! Same here, we hadn't heard back from them since we received the CSQ in July 2020 but then we submitted a Webform mid-November letting them know that we're expecting a baby and things were suddenly moving again (not sure if that was a trigger or simply a coincidence - we also know that IRCC increased their staff for processing spousal sponsorships).
We received a medical request shortly after the webform was sent, then pre-landing services a couple of weeks ago and ppr today.

There is hope! Hang in there and do submit that webform - you never know.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictorV

VictorV

Jun 21, 2020
Hi Victor, my spouse just received her PPR from the Mexico VO today! Same here, we hadn't heard back from them since we received the CSQ in July 2020 but then we submitted a Webform mid-November letting them know that we're expecting a baby and things suddenly were moving again (not sure if that was a trigger or simply a coincidence - we also know that IRCC increased their staff for processing spousal sponsorships).
We received a medical request shortly after the webform was sent, then pre-landing services a couple of weeks ago and ppr today.

There is hope! Hang in there and do submit that webform - you never know.
Thanks for replying and the advice. I just sent a webform through the website.

Hopefully, it works!!!! Congrats on the PPR.

Reactions: randr

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020

Thanks.
We received the CSQ on Feb of this year. The pre arrival letter on July 13. I got the PPR on November 27th, And I got the notice that the passport is being returned to me 2 days ago.
For the Mx VO office I been in contact with them via email. I never used the webform myself, via email they replied usually by the next day. I have easily 15 emails from them from the many back and forth.